OOC The Long Road (Recruitment Open)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Here's an idea. We are at the inn right now in game. Maybe Shelakh is there. Bru sees him while playing for the crowd - we do not apporach each in the inn. But when we leave, Bru notices that Shelakh is trailing us and he reacts to it. Confronting the Orc- maybe we don't join right up together, but travel down the same road and learn more about each other through RPing - We don't have to be in the same group right away to RP together so that it becomes more natural of an incorporation of a group and the dynamics within it. Just my thoughts.

Antman54

Maybe that night Shelakh decides to head to Skyrim himself and coincidentally the next day finds himself traveling behind Bru and Klaern?

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    not a bad idea, I say to the overhear and trail a confrontation along the trail, and possible join when bested. idk Let it flow after the inn.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    either way, you can get crafting on your intro post. See you in the Inn.

Antman54

Cool, I have a quick question though before I get started. When in the RP should I wait until everyone has posted something before I post again or does it not matter?

Also not sure if it is relevant or not but most of my posts will come before 3 p.m. and after 11 p.m. due to my work schedule.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    as long as what you post makes since in the timeline of the rest of the players and doesn't go back to back with your own post. I am writing our entrance to the Inn let me finish it and then look it over for clues to write into your intro.

I don't think your time schedule will be a problem, I check whenever someone posts (or try to) and try to make a post if it's relevant for me to post.

One of my own personal pet peeves though is if someone posts 2 or more times in a row- which is why it's important for everyone to stay active and up to date.

There may be times when you cannot make it- say a vacation or emergency- that's ok- if you know about it ahead of time, let the rest of us know and work a way for your character to be "elsewhere" so the rest of the players can continue. Try to not leave us in a lurch, if you can help it.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Marked_Tamriel_map.jpg

Each dot along the path is either a camp or small town for a days travel. all told 13 days travel time if no incidents happen to delay that. Which of course there is bound to be one or two.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Ant, Don't mind the continuance of thought type post, but do remember try to format so that it is readable not just a bland block of text.

I understand what you mean Shew, but with this being his first time writing in RP form and with not having his character introduced to either of ours officially, I can see where his writing might be particularly difficult.

Try to break it into paragraphs or have some dialog - I am guilty of the same thing from time to time myself. (lol) I struggle with dialog but know what my character is thinking- so I tend to give inner thought types of posts- however, I am going to fully try to learn to write more convincing dialog and be more creative with interactions.

I hope to improve with time and experience.

Oh, one more thing Ant- I use green for my dialog, if you could- please choose another color- perhaps a blue? So that if we are all discussing something, we can, at a glance see who is saying what. Just something that helps me. :) Thanks and I hope you are having fun.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    Also, I am taking a trip I will be at a military friends house helping him out. Til the 22nd I will do my best to stick with the story but slowing to two posts a day til I return.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    It will be alright, computer stuff. He remembers me from the time with DARPA and wants me to QA his server farm. Might turn into something big. I got to take the chance. Bbesides he is paying for the trip a per dium and a a little after... *crossed fingers*

Good luck with it Shew. I do hope it pans out for you. Be sure to stop by here or send me a message or whatever. So I don't miss ya.

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    BTW my color when talking is called darkorchid, over on the upper right you will see a BB code editer for your posts to properly color Bruynzeels talking color you will need to first color it something else and then use that button and go in and substitute the color #000000 where the zeros equal whatever number you chose with the all one word darkorchid.

Example: plain text
    colored text
    renamed text

Bruynzeel

*ー* SHEW *ー*
    nope and good luck figuring that out... I had to experiment with the color wheel and finally started using named colors and hexidecimal to get the right one. they changed the easy format and it no longer has my color so I have to hand edit every post... try that on for size before complaining about just one line or two. lol :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts