The Life of an Assassin in Skyrim (Character Build)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Alright lol, the reason I asked was because I am specing up the elven side of the smithing skill so I guess i am stuck with glass.

Panthera

Don Gato
Alright lol, the reason I asked was because I am specing up the elven side of the smithing skill so I guess i am stuck with glass.

If you want to focus on l. armor and save few perks than that would be a good idea.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
True, but my planned build utilizes the majority of my points. Hmmm, I guess I need to contemplate this character.

Panthera

Don Gato

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Yeah. Basically what I am going for is a bow (main), dagger/sword (for when I can get up close), smithing (to make better equipment), speech (to get better prices and talk my way out of trouble), light armor, and alchemy.

Panthera

Don Gato
Yeah. Basically what I am going for is a bow (main), dagger/sword (for when I can get up close), smithing (to make better equipment), speech (to get better prices and talk my way out of trouble), light armor, and alchemy.

I hope you dont have facial hair atleast not the one which is like a beard. Becouse it sticks out trough elven helmet. I think you alredy know, but for speech perks better choose only right side of the tree. Later on you will have too much money nowhere to spend it.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Lol no I keep facial hair off the beast races (haven't played Argonian yet, so no clue if they have facial hair or not). Well, I'm just going to stick to the first skill in speech maxed out.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
I don't have the game, but I just can't imagine anything with the name "Glass" would be good armor or weaponry...

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
I don't have the game, but I just can't imagine anything with the name "Glass" would be good armor or weaponry...

Glass armor is amazing, it is the second best light armor (as far as I know). It's a vast improvement over the scaled armor or the elven armor.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
To be perfectly honest, race does not matter in this game. Yes each race starts off with traits that one would use for a particular build, however, you can be anything you want. I was a Breton (a race that is usually a mage) assassin/thief. Pick the race that is physically appealing to you and has the beginning power you like. Picking a race has no consequence (same for gender).

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
All races are good. The only bad thing you can do is spec your character poorly. I actually just made a Khajiit assassin/thief today and it is a blast.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
By "spec" I mean what your planned build is for the character. If you go here, you'll be able to figure out your build for that character.

Panthera

Don Gato
I was thinking of doing Khajit. That would be good then?

Just like Nightmare Shadow said: "To be perfectly honest, race does not matter in this game." I have to charecters both are khajiit the first one is assassin second is a mage.

Panthera

Don Gato

If you read skill book "Light armor forging" First part says:

"There are two classes of light armor, metallic and non-metallic. Elven and Glass are metallic light armor. You may be surprised to think that Glass can be thought of as metallic, but appearances are deceiving. What we call Glass is nothing like the windows panes you see in houses. The greenish material is far stronger and has a much higher melting point."

I think it explains it all. :)

Panthera

Don Gato
Lol no I keep facial hair off the beast races (haven't played Argonian yet, so no clue if they have facial hair or not). Well, I'm just going to stick to the first skill in speech maxed out.

Argonian doesn't have facial hairs, instead it has diffrent type of horns. I use facial hairs for khajiit so it doesn't look like ordinary cat, i personally perfer mor massive face to look like tiger.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Very good article. But I want to point out that stealthy gameplay doesn't always work. Like I was recently in a dungeon and met three enemies in one room. I couldn't sneak up on more than one of them, and then it becomes very difficult to take out the others (I think one of them was a Mage).

Anyway, I'm enjoying playing an Assassin now, but I had to ask this question.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts