The last movie you watched.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dallas-Arbiter

Threads. It's a movie about WW III, and the aftermath set in Sheffield. It's very grim. You may have seen "The Day After" with Steve Gutenburg. That movie has nothing on Threads, and here's a little clip, you can find the whole movie on YouTube.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
220px-InterviewwithaVampireMoviePoste.JPG

Love this movie. The books is better though. Ah, Lestat.

sticky runes

Here are some DVDs I've watched recently. Please be aware of spoilers...

Cold Light of Day
Mediocre action thriller. Bruce Willis gets bumped off in the first 20 minutes, which was a big mistake. Henry Cavill plays a hero who isn't much of a fighter, he spends most of the time running and dodging, which I suppose makes a nice change in an action movie. I've seen better, but I've seen worse.

John Carter (Disney)
fluffing awesome! Sadly this movie didn't sell too well, but it was a nicely done sci fi flick, with good casting and the aliens in it have a lot more character than a lot of aliens that have appeared in other recent sci fi films. You won't recognize Willem Defoe, but he steals every scene!

Snow White and the Huntsman
Crap. The queen was quite well done, but there was no love story to it, even though the heroin gains two potential love interests. The dwarves were plops. I can understand them not wanting to use the names Happy, Grumpy and all that, but they could have at least given them those kind of personalities. They basically had 7 blokes playing the same dwarf. And Snow White herself was completely bland, I felt nothing for her. Star Dust was a much better fairy tale movie.

Wrath of the Titans
What a pile of plopse this was. Zeus and Poseidon get their asses kicked in the first 5 minutes. A couple of the monster scenes were ok, but the story was a complete mess. The characters were all plops. Again, the metallic owl looked embarrassed to be there. Just like with Clash, I finished wanting to put on the Ray Harryhausen version again to make up for it.

Neriad13

Premium Member
At long last, the movie based on one of my favorite books, The Hobbit.

220px-The_Hobbit-_An_Unexpected_Journey.jpeg

I thought it was a bit rambling and confused at points and personally think that it had one too many subplots going on. But the actor playing Bilbo was hilarious (I loved the scenes where he was blindly flailing his sword in all directions, trying to look threatening), the settings were breathtaking, the character designs was intriguing and fresh and all the dwarves had such great chemistry with one another. Overall, I did like it quite a lot.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I'm a big fan of Audrey Hepburn and "My Fair Lady" is one of my favorite musicals/films.

image.jpg

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It being Valentine's Day weekend my fiance is blood bound to watch chick flicks with me all weekend \o/

Serendipity

Imagine Me and You

Love Actually

He's Just Not That Into You

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Better than I expected. :)

Cazimir

I saw Perks of Being A Wallflower a few days ago. It was alright, though I thought pretty much all the characters except for Patrick came off as disingenuous. Especially Sam.

Anyway, I just got done watching Pleasantville. Remember liking it when it first came out, but I was only like nine at the time. Haven't seen it since then, but it was still enjoyable, and now that I'm older I can actually understand the messages and themes. Been keeping track of all the movies I've watched this year and Pleasantville was number twenty-five.

SherlockJones

I'm where you least expect me, THERE! no not there
The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Two-Towers.jpg

I would recommend it until I turn blue :D fantastic film

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
Threads. It's a movie about WW III, and the aftermath set in Sheffield. It's very grim. You may have seen "The Day After" with Steve Gutenburg. That movie has nothing on Threads, and here's a little clip, you can find the whole movie on YouTube.

I got my hands on a copy of this the other day have to agree good film.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts