1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

18+ The Last Dragonborn

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Zelda, Feb 28, 2017.

1. The Phantom

The Phantom Consulting Criminal

As the large khajiit shook the hand of the vampire, the latter savoured the moment, gauging the strength as best he could. Revus admitted to himself that he was indeed surprised by the incredible brawn of the cat-man before him, knowing full well that he was no match for him in their present state. Still, the vampire did not view the khajiit as a threat and instead thoughts of alliance began to creep onto his mind. To ensure that they all still believed his plight, he began to browse through their wares. He observed various merchandise of questionable reliability and legality, noting several bottles of skooma and ground moon sugar in the back. Upon browsing their potion stock, he then settled for some healing potions and a cloth with which to "clean his wounds". He began to rummage through his pockets before he heard
    "Where is your guard? You have a guard with you every time you enter and leave the city."
    Revus froze. He had wiped his new lover's memory of her bodyguard. Thoughts raced through his head and he knew that he would have to come up with an excuse and fast. He couldn't deny the existence of the man, his interrogator had clearly witnessed him yet he couldn't say he was killed as his lover did not even remember that the bodyguard was ever a person. It dawned on him that the only way around this was to claim that he in-fact was the bodyguard.
    "
    Ah, my good man. We have never had a bodyguard accompany us, but I often personally see to my lover's safety, especially given the added threats of bandits nowadays. Indeed, we've been warned of dangerous roads numerous times and so there have been journeys where I've opted to don heavier armour. Now, my good people, I'd like to purchase these supplies." He unhooked a coin purse and tossed it at Ri'saad with the intent of overpaying "If any of you wish to contact me again just say our names to the guards and claim you have business and I'm sure they'll be amiable. Thank you again for your assistance. It has been a pleasure. And with that the young vampire progressed to the ancient walls of Whiterun.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    lizardisok: 20 Points Apr 12, 2017
  2. Zelda

Zelda Princess of Hyrule

Silence. The knight did not speak a word. Instead, she studied the Khajiit woman who was a bit too curious for her own good. She kept her expression calm, but very carefully listened to how the auburn haired woman and the haughty male responded to her questions. By finding a nod from Ihylin, Valencia took her place beside her on the caravan, still watching the Khajiit. What stranger asks a rather large caravan where they are heading, simply appearing out of no where? Certainly suspicious. Even with her kind heart, the white-haired woman knew better than to ask such inquiries.

For her acquaintance, she could tell she was on edge. Keeping her own demeanor calm, she hoped to ease the merchant beside her by keeping her eyes on the Khajiit and their surrounding area: just in case it was a trick. There was no way anyone would attack so close to Whiterun: that would be foolish. But it would be foolish to not have other units very close by to observe their target. So if she saw any movement, she would instantly be alerted and can counter.

After hearing both Ihylin and Rolard's responses, Valencia knew that they were talented in deceit: and for a good reason. As the caravan began their travels to 'Dawnstar', the knight kept her eyes moving and alert. She would have done the same, saying the destination was elsewhere. She was honestly going to state such a thing until she was beaten to it. And with Rolard's sly words to Ihylin, it made it easy to divert the Khajiit's attention and trust. Once they were far away enough, Valencia still kept up her guard, while still calm, and spoke up. "You two are brilliant with your words. You two would be a great assets in warfare and peace." She gave a smile to them both, hoping to ease the tension that may linger.

"I'm sure you know the roads well enough to take the right path to out destination without eyes watching." She spoke, looking forward, glancing to the sides every now and then. It was certainly only the first bump in the road they would fall upon, but to Valencia, they seemed to be a wonderful team: one of which, would successfully make their way to Solitude.

She continued to stay alert, finding it her nature to do so with ease. With her experience, she was certainly ready to take on any sorry bandits who dare come close. This was her duty, and she would fulfill it.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    lizardisok: 20 Points Apr 12, 2017
  3. Zelda

Zelda Princess of Hyrule

The tension was there, and she knew it. Eydis could sense it, though her eyes never left the wound and the magic. She stayed calm and focused on the wound at hand. Once she had finished, she knew he was completely unstable. His emotions jumped from frame to frame, painting a knew picture that would be burned away until the next was created, only to be repeated. He was a case even she was worried she could not help. But she would not doubt herself, as she was more determined than ever.

As he hid his face, her heart pinged a saddened tone. He was... sad? The blonde did not quite understand, but hoped her presence could calm him from his state of gloom. Then, he seemed to snap: a completely empty person, void of any notable emotions. Eydis continued to study him, trying her absolute best to find answers. Once he responded, she kept her silence golden. He did not like magicka: and the way he said it... he more than disliked. She had always found it beautiful: the colors and light, and the capabilites it held. She almost found it spiritual in a way: to connect with Nirn in ways that allowed her to even change it. She was, of course, not a fan of the more violent magic, but she was absoluetly connected with the magic that created such beauty and peace.

It was almost a minute until the male spoke once more, breaking her silence. He had cut himself. Of course, she knew prior to his statement. The scars were vibrant flags that told her enough. She listened to his speech of his own damnation, and how he was helpless, and how she would not help him. She lowered her eyes, looking down to her hands. She closed her eyes as her hands made fists. For once, she was not as gentle, but more firm in her speaking. It was still very innocent-like, compared to everyone else, but it was certainly more firm from her.

"I will not allow that." She spoke, her words surprisingly firm and strong. Her facial expression did not calm, but her body language did. Her fists released, and her eyes opened, indigo locking with Kyneth's, who he had revealed his name to. "You cannot hurt yourself. There are other ways to remind and heal yourself. Creating such scars only add to your pain: it does not release it. You are burdening yourself with a pain you force yourself to carry." Her eyes began to water. She was running out of words. She couldn't fail. She wanted to help him, but was struggling to come up with the words she wanted to say. She thought what she wanted to say, but could not formulate the words.

"I do not care of your past if it be dark. Your destiny is determined by your choices, and you cannot change what you have done. But you can choose the path you take next. Do you really want to continue to look back? Or would you rather look forward, and make new decisions? You must stop looking at your past! Ground yourself! You are here in the present! Look where you can go now!" A single tear fell down her face, a smile appearing on her face. "I cannot force you to choose. But I will not stop till you choose the path of which is best for you. Learn from your past, and move on. Time will flow with or without you, and you do not want to be left behind. I see not your path which brought you to these ruins. But look around you: you are here, waiting for this storm to pass. What is your next path? To dwindle on your path you last took, or to choose your next path? Just, do not go down the path of pain... it is a loop that leads you back to where you once were, to wander infinitely. Choose the path less taken: one of which brings you happiness and peace."

4. Kivuli_The_Khajit

Kivuli_The_Khajit Werewolf Queen of Skyrim

Kiv watches the caravan leave, arms crossed slightly. Something just didn't seem right with that tale of Dawnstar, but it wasn't enough of a feeling to warrant following or spying. Didn't stop her from feeling a little insulted that they'd potentially lie to her, when she didn't even do anything wrong first. She sighs and heads for the front gates of Whiterun, to fetch supplies for her run to Solitude. Before she gets too far though, her beloved skeleton pet Pandora hops upon her shoulders. Her little skelly cat, and partner in crime. The Khagonian reaches up to gently pet her reanimated skeleton. An extension of herself, her own soul, coupled with the lost feline's own soul made for a very useful little self-sufficient minion.

What did those Ideal Masters even need a cat soul for anyway?

The halfbreed enters Whiterun, and immediately heads to the nearby smithy to get her dagger sharpened. Sharp daggers made for cleaner kills after all. After paying the smith for use of his sharpener, she sat down and got to work grinding her prized weapon back to tippity top shape, leaving Pandora to her own devices.

And to her own thieving.

5. Hart

Hart Active Member

"I am not one for politics, Lady Ildrose," She said flatly. "There is not enough I know about it to interject my opinions, and seeing as I am a Nord, more or less, who has lived in Cyrodiil for most of my life, my loyalties are a little... skewed." Ihylin scratched her head absently and shrugged, moving to wrap the reins of her horse around a small pole in front of her. The mare knew where to go.

"I'm afraid we'll be dealing with the storm, and being up North makes it about five times as worse... Damned Khajiit. The caravans are good traders, but. That one... gave me the creeps." And she wasn't lying either, rubbing her arms to get rid of the goosebumps that textured her skin from the sudden meeting, which ultimately prolonged their trip in a much less favorable environment. Looking forward to the road again, the merchant briefly held a tired look on her face, but distracting herself by reaching into a small bag she held and drawing out a map. Thin lines of wear were scattered on the map from constant use of tracing fingers along roads and other routes, yet the edges of the map were sharp still, as if new. Little tick marks in graphite also dotted the map, but what they marked was unknown.

"We can head the route North this way, and then cut this path back West, and down the Morthal coast, but I really hate spiders, so we can just cut in before the town. Less paths, more hills, but the wagon can handle it. Might get rough, but if all else fails, we can stop in Morthal for a night and keep going. Instead of a two days trip, this might be closer to five... Whether or not you're accepting pay, it's still going to happen."

Ihylin gave Valencia a rather smug look, her stubborn demeanor subtly showing through the kinder side of her. She had learned, in her years, that backing down was only an option on very rare occasions. No will not be taken for an answer. This policy of hers has gotten her in trouble with townfolk and guards, but easily enough she's smoothed the ruffled feathers she caused and managed avoiding jailtime for "harassment".

With the two of them with me, this might go a lot easier than it normally does. Last time I tried hiring muscle, he turned out to be a lying little thief, even if the pay was good! Honestly, I don't regret knifing him. Papa said that the world was scary. He was right, but I can be terrifying if I need to be.

Shaking off her thoughts and tugging on the reins, the wagon came to a stop along the side of the road, and Ihylin jumped down, jogging towards the back. There was work to be done before they could go any farther. Her voice was unintentionally sharp as she snapped at Rolard.

"Lord Seton, if you expect to make your pay, get off your lazy arse and help me disguise the wagon. We're headed into bandit territory, and I do not want this cart to get robbed again. Lady Ildrose, stand watch if you would."

Hustling around the back of the cart, she smacked Rolard rather hard on the shoulder, ignoring the metal sting of armor as she got him up and moving, opening up the tiny door on the back of the cart and crawling inside, her back half hanging out of the door as she struggled to get into yet another floor compartment. Getting a hold of what she needed, Ihylin kicked her feet and wiggled backwards, clinging to a massive roll of cloth that looked stained and old, smelling of the road and wild animals. It popped free, and she stumbled backwards into the dirt, falling on her ass with a rather distinct 'oof'. The merchant caught her breath.

"Unroll this thing for me, I need a quick break. That thing was really shoved in there..."

@Zelda @Keidivh