• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    As the large khajiit shook the hand of the vampire, the latter savoured the moment, gauging the strength as best he could. Revus admitted to himself that he was indeed surprised by the incredible brawn of the cat-man before him, knowing full well that he was no match for him in their present state. Still, the vampire did not view the khajiit as a threat and instead thoughts of alliance began to creep onto his mind. To ensure that they all still believed his plight, he began to browse through their wares. He observed various merchandise of questionable reliability and legality, noting several bottles of skooma and ground moon sugar in the back. Upon browsing their potion stock, he then settled for some healing potions and a cloth with which to "clean his wounds". He began to rummage through his pockets before he heard
    "Where is your guard? You have a guard with you every time you enter and leave the city."
    Revus froze. He had wiped his new lover's memory of her bodyguard. Thoughts raced through his head and he knew that he would have to come up with an excuse and fast. He couldn't deny the existence of the man, his interrogator had clearly witnessed him yet he couldn't say he was killed as his lover did not even remember that the bodyguard was ever a person. It dawned on him that the only way around this was to claim that he in-fact was the bodyguard.
    "
    Ah, my good man. We have never had a bodyguard accompany us, but I often personally see to my lover's safety, especially given the added threats of bandits nowadays. Indeed, we've been warned of dangerous roads numerous times and so there have been journeys where I've opted to don heavier armour. Now, my good people, I'd like to purchase these supplies." He unhooked a coin purse and tossed it at Ri'saad with the intent of overpaying "If any of you wish to contact me again just say our names to the guards and claim you have business and I'm sure they'll be amiable. Thank you again for your assistance. It has been a pleasure. And with that the young vampire progressed to the ancient walls of Whiterun.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Silence. The knight did not speak a word. Instead, she studied the Khajiit woman who was a bit too curious for her own good. She kept her expression calm, but very carefully listened to how the auburn haired woman and the haughty male responded to her questions. By finding a nod from Ihylin, Valencia took her place beside her on the caravan, still watching the Khajiit. What stranger asks a rather large caravan where they are heading, simply appearing out of no where? Certainly suspicious. Even with her kind heart, the white-haired woman knew better than to ask such inquiries.

For her acquaintance, she could tell she was on edge. Keeping her own demeanor calm, she hoped to ease the merchant beside her by keeping her eyes on the Khajiit and their surrounding area: just in case it was a trick. There was no way anyone would attack so close to Whiterun: that would be foolish. But it would be foolish to not have other units very close by to observe their target. So if she saw any movement, she would instantly be alerted and can counter.

After hearing both Ihylin and Rolard's responses, Valencia knew that they were talented in deceit: and for a good reason. As the caravan began their travels to 'Dawnstar', the knight kept her eyes moving and alert. She would have done the same, saying the destination was elsewhere. She was honestly going to state such a thing until she was beaten to it. And with Rolard's sly words to Ihylin, it made it easy to divert the Khajiit's attention and trust. Once they were far away enough, Valencia still kept up her guard, while still calm, and spoke up. "You two are brilliant with your words. You two would be a great assets in warfare and peace." She gave a smile to them both, hoping to ease the tension that may linger.

"I'm sure you know the roads well enough to take the right path to out destination without eyes watching." She spoke, looking forward, glancing to the sides every now and then. It was certainly only the first bump in the road they would fall upon, but to Valencia, they seemed to be a wonderful team: one of which, would successfully make their way to Solitude.

She continued to stay alert, finding it her nature to do so with ease. With her experience, she was certainly ready to take on any sorry bandits who dare come close. This was her duty, and she would fulfill it.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    The tension was there, and she knew it. Eydis could sense it, though her eyes never left the wound and the magic. She stayed calm and focused on the wound at hand. Once she had finished, she knew he was completely unstable. His emotions jumped from frame to frame, painting a knew picture that would be burned away until the next was created, only to be repeated. He was a case even she was worried she could not help. But she would not doubt herself, as she was more determined than ever.

As he hid his face, her heart pinged a saddened tone. He was... sad? The blonde did not quite understand, but hoped her presence could calm him from his state of gloom. Then, he seemed to snap: a completely empty person, void of any notable emotions. Eydis continued to study him, trying her absolute best to find answers. Once he responded, she kept her silence golden. He did not like magicka: and the way he said it... he more than disliked. She had always found it beautiful: the colors and light, and the capabilites it held. She almost found it spiritual in a way: to connect with Nirn in ways that allowed her to even change it. She was, of course, not a fan of the more violent magic, but she was absoluetly connected with the magic that created such beauty and peace.

It was almost a minute until the male spoke once more, breaking her silence. He had cut himself. Of course, she knew prior to his statement. The scars were vibrant flags that told her enough. She listened to his speech of his own damnation, and how he was helpless, and how she would not help him. She lowered her eyes, looking down to her hands. She closed her eyes as her hands made fists. For once, she was not as gentle, but more firm in her speaking. It was still very innocent-like, compared to everyone else, but it was certainly more firm from her.

"I will not allow that." She spoke, her words surprisingly firm and strong. Her facial expression did not calm, but her body language did. Her fists released, and her eyes opened, indigo locking with Kyneth's, who he had revealed his name to. "You cannot hurt yourself. There are other ways to remind and heal yourself. Creating such scars only add to your pain: it does not release it. You are burdening yourself with a pain you force yourself to carry." Her eyes began to water. She was running out of words. She couldn't fail. She wanted to help him, but was struggling to come up with the words she wanted to say. She thought what she wanted to say, but could not formulate the words.

"I do not care of your past if it be dark. Your destiny is determined by your choices, and you cannot change what you have done. But you can choose the path you take next. Do you really want to continue to look back? Or would you rather look forward, and make new decisions? You must stop looking at your past! Ground yourself! You are here in the present! Look where you can go now!" A single tear fell down her face, a smile appearing on her face. "I cannot force you to choose. But I will not stop till you choose the path of which is best for you. Learn from your past, and move on. Time will flow with or without you, and you do not want to be left behind. I see not your path which brought you to these ruins. But look around you: you are here, waiting for this storm to pass. What is your next path? To dwindle on your path you last took, or to choose your next path? Just, do not go down the path of pain... it is a loop that leads you back to where you once were, to wander infinitely. Choose the path less taken: one of which brings you happiness and peace."

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Kiv watches the caravan leave, arms crossed slightly. Something just didn't seem right with that tale of Dawnstar, but it wasn't enough of a feeling to warrant following or spying. Didn't stop her from feeling a little insulted that they'd potentially lie to her, when she didn't even do anything wrong first. She sighs and heads for the front gates of Whiterun, to fetch supplies for her run to Solitude. Before she gets too far though, her beloved skeleton pet Pandora hops upon her shoulders. Her little skelly cat, and partner in crime. The Khagonian reaches up to gently pet her reanimated skeleton. An extension of herself, her own soul, coupled with the lost feline's own soul made for a very useful little self-sufficient minion.

What did those Ideal Masters even need a cat soul for anyway?

The halfbreed enters Whiterun, and immediately heads to the nearby smithy to get her dagger sharpened. Sharp daggers made for cleaner kills after all. After paying the smith for use of his sharpener, she sat down and got to work grinding her prized weapon back to tippity top shape, leaving Pandora to her own devices.

And to her own thieving.

Hart

Sassmaster
    "I am not one for politics, Lady Ildrose," She said flatly. "There is not enough I know about it to interject my opinions, and seeing as I am a Nord, more or less, who has lived in Cyrodiil for most of my life, my loyalties are a little... skewed." Ihylin scratched her head absently and shrugged, moving to wrap the reins of her horse around a small pole in front of her. The mare knew where to go.

"I'm afraid we'll be dealing with the storm, and being up North makes it about five times as worse... Damned Khajiit. The caravans are good traders, but. That one... gave me the creeps." And she wasn't lying either, rubbing her arms to get rid of the goosebumps that textured her skin from the sudden meeting, which ultimately prolonged their trip in a much less favorable environment. Looking forward to the road again, the merchant briefly held a tired look on her face, but distracting herself by reaching into a small bag she held and drawing out a map. Thin lines of wear were scattered on the map from constant use of tracing fingers along roads and other routes, yet the edges of the map were sharp still, as if new. Little tick marks in graphite also dotted the map, but what they marked was unknown.

"We can head the route North this way, and then cut this path back West, and down the Morthal coast, but I really hate spiders, so we can just cut in before the town. Less paths, more hills, but the wagon can handle it. Might get rough, but if all else fails, we can stop in Morthal for a night and keep going. Instead of a two days trip, this might be closer to five... Whether or not you're accepting pay, it's still going to happen."

Ihylin gave Valencia a rather smug look, her stubborn demeanor subtly showing through the kinder side of her. She had learned, in her years, that backing down was only an option on very rare occasions. No will not be taken for an answer. This policy of hers has gotten her in trouble with townfolk and guards, but easily enough she's smoothed the ruffled feathers she caused and managed avoiding jailtime for "harassment".

With the two of them with me, this might go a lot easier than it normally does. Last time I tried hiring muscle, he turned out to be a lying little thief, even if the pay was good! Honestly, I don't regret knifing him. Papa said that the world was scary. He was right, but I can be terrifying if I need to be.

Shaking off her thoughts and tugging on the reins, the wagon came to a stop along the side of the road, and Ihylin jumped down, jogging towards the back. There was work to be done before they could go any farther. Her voice was unintentionally sharp as she snapped at Rolard.

"Lord Seton, if you expect to make your pay, get off your lazy arse and help me disguise the wagon. We're headed into bandit territory, and I do not want this cart to get robbed again. Lady Ildrose, stand watch if you would."

Hustling around the back of the cart, she smacked Rolard rather hard on the shoulder, ignoring the metal sting of armor as she got him up and moving, opening up the tiny door on the back of the cart and crawling inside, her back half hanging out of the door as she struggled to get into yet another floor compartment. Getting a hold of what she needed, Ihylin kicked her feet and wiggled backwards, clinging to a massive roll of cloth that looked stained and old, smelling of the road and wild animals. It popped free, and she stumbled backwards into the dirt, falling on her ass with a rather distinct 'oof'. The merchant caught her breath.

"Unroll this thing for me, I need a quick break. That thing was really shoved in there..."

@Zelda @Keidivh

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Relief was the word Rolard would choose to describe how he felt as the strange hybrid creature made its way into Whiterun, leaving their caravan well enough alone. To start off, what the bloody hell was that thing!? A mixture of Khajit and Argonian? He desperately wanted to not think about how that happened, but it was to abnormal to not ponder the subject. Ugh, the mental images were truly unenjoyable. That wasn't what reall concerned him however. No, it was its demeanor, its dress. Something felt off about the creature, and having lived so long being hunted by all manner of cretins, sell-swords and assassins, he trusted his instincts when it told him something was not right. Perhaps the Khajit (Argonian?) was simply inquisitive, maybe was looking for a group to travel with to Solitude to ensure safety. Whatever the case may be, they did what needed to be done. Better safe than stabbed in the back. I wonder if there's ever going to be a point where I won't have to live my life like that? .... Hmph, stupid question really.

Giving a resigned sigh, the Breton returned his attention back to the cleaning of his blade, relieved they were finally on the road towards their destination. Of course it wasn't long before Valencia had to break the silence with some kind words.

"You two are brilliant with your words. You two would be a great assets in warfare and peace."

A genuine smile crossed the sapphire eyed mans face, chuckling at her praise. While appreciated, that instance was by no means an impressive feat of wits or clever words. Such an interaction would be mere child's play in the courts of Wayrest, in any Breton court really. Which made him all the more curious as to her origins and past. The way she carried herself, her exquisite armor and weaponry, it all suggested that she had experience in said courts. But her naivete, her gentleness threw him off. Such things were not generally common amongst the nobility and bureaucrats of High Rock. And that hair... He knew her from somewhere... He just didn't know whether that was a good or bad thing. Most likely bad considering his past.

"You are far to kind to me mi'lady, though your words are appreciated. Truly I wish politics were so simple and straightforward as that... Tis often a far bloodier affair." The ex-nobles demeanor fell noticeably, the thought of politics not necessarily a pleasant one for the man. Thankfully his new slave-driver Ihylin left him little time to contemplate such things, her attention purely on their task at hand. She wasn't one to get sidetracked. An admirable trait.

"I'm afraid we'll be dealing with the storm, and being up North makes it about five times as worse... Damned Khajiit. The caravans are good traders, but. That one... gave me the creeps."

"Heh, seems we agree on something dear. Thought Oblivion would break loose before that ever happened." Chuckling to himself, he simply let the merchant continue on in her planning.

"We can head the route North this way, and then cut this path back West, and down the Morthal coast, but I really hate spiders, so we can just cut in before the town. Less paths, more hills, but the wagon can handle it. Might get rough, but if all else fails, we can stop in Morthal for a night and keep going. Instead of a two days trip, this might be closer to five... Whether or not you're accepting pay, it's still going to happen."

All in all, it was a reasonable plan, and would be the best one to see them through this journey. Not that he would ever admit that to the auburn haired Nord, finding he was having to good a time tormenting the girl to ruin it with a compliment! The wagon came to a sudden halt, Rolard tensing for a moment, wondering if they had already run into a band of highwaymen.

"Lord Seton, if you expect to make your pay, get off your lazy arse and help me disguise the wagon. We're headed into bandit territory, and I do not want this cart to get robbed again. Lady Ildrose, stand watch if you would."

..... He was not that fortunate however, and instead was greeted with the harsh voice of his lovely employer, which was promptly followed by a smack to the shoulder that left her in far more pain than it left him. Course he had to milk the situation, feigning injury as he cried out dramatically in pain. "Gah, not only verbally abusive, but physically as well. You are a cruel task master indeed Lady Ihylin." He remarked, watching as she hopped into the back of the cart, affording him a nice view of her backside. "Though with a view such as this, I'm willing to look past it." Was that a stupid thing to say? Yes. Was he going to be smacked for it? Probably. Was it worth it? Absolutely.

As if to make the moment that much better, Ihylin suddenly flopped back and onto the dirt road in a not so graceful fashion, Rolard truly struggling to suppress his laughter at the sight.

"Unroll this thing for me, I need a quick break. That thing was really shoved in there..."

Giving a small bow, the ex-noble still found himself chuckling at the whole incident. It took only a few moments to unroll the cloth which was to disguise their wagon, turning his attention back to the Nord lass who still had her ass in the dirt. Offering a more sincere smile, he extended his hand to her. "Allow me to be of assistance dear lady. Can't just let my employer wallow in the dirt now can I?"

@Hart @Zelda

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Her words, though firm and optimistic - attempting to spur some sort of inspired spirit within him, they only made Kyneth more and more sure that she could do nothing for him. And that she would only leave this situation as a failure. Inside of him, for whatever reason with every word that fell from her lips and made their way into his ears, it pushed him into being more and more defiant. He was emotionless and apathetic. He suddenly had no care at all about this conversation of the events that happened during, or this girl.

Just don't go down the path of pain? WHO IS this bitch? I'm about tired with listening to this child yap...

"Listen," Kyneth stated plainly and emotionlessly, "I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. I also appreciate you using your unnatural gifts to mend my wound. But you know nothing about me, Lass. And clearly, you know nothing of this world either. It is cruel, merciless, and evil - and though it may be home to some pretty flowers, and colorful night skies; it's all a facade. You will learn eventually. For now, start with this: not all those who are lost can be saved, because they are the few who prefer to wander."

Kyneth's chest was a void of emotions. He knew it was coming, and he wanted it to. When he was like this, it was almost like his actions and his emotions were seamless and streamlined. It wasn't so much thinking as it was just, doing. He had grown tired of listening to this girl speak, and why he didn't leave ages ago was a mystery to him. There are suddenly so many other things he could be doing, and he didn't know or understand why. And while a part of him felt slightly guilty, and slightly bad about his interest suddenly dying, he knew to expect it, because it was what always happens.

It's time to go, we have contracts.

Shifting his feet underneath him and standing up, Kyneth stretched his body and popped some of his aching joints. He looked down at the girl, who still sat and was now looking up at him blankly. He looked at the ground, and with a sigh, back at the sky.

"I am sorry that this conversation was a waste of both of our time and energy. I have contracts to fulfill, and I am already delayed by this storm, and chatting with you, so I have to be on my way. Karthwasten isn't an easy destination to reach from here."

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    While the auburn-haired woman's statement was against her will of war, Valencia held no resentment towards her. Some were not interested, or felt they should be, in the aspects of war. Surely, the knight strived for peace: she fought to end war. However, she knew the politics between what was right and wrong was often faltered by altering conflicts and issues. It at times bothered her. She knew the places her own homeland had attacked. While the enemy was at fault, she could only imagine the soldiers they slain down. Their families and friends. It broke her heart that such things were in her hands, but at the same time, her heart told her that she was on the side of good and light. "Both of you are correct. War does not always have that fine line of good and evil, as in childrens' books..." Her voice seemed to linger off as she spoke, her gaze glancing away. She was jealous of the fantasy worlds of good and evil being so easy to decide. Evil is the enemy of good. If only the real world had such easy-to-decipher morals.

Upon the sound of being swept in a storm from the delay, the optimistic knight tried her best to lighten the atmosphere. Despite being a good amount of Nord, she still despised the cold. Never has she gone through storms without a sickness afterwards. Her immune system was fierce: but the cold winds break the brick walls that allow a fever to rush in quickly. Her first visit of Skyrim resulted in such an illness. She had become better adapted to the winter of Skyrim over the years, but even then, growing up in another land did not help. When it came to battles in wintery Skyrim, she would do her best: fight now, collapse later. For this trip, she was wary, but would fight nonetheless.

For Valencia, she did not often interact with Khajiit as often as she wished. In her homeland, she did not meet many, and it was a rare sight to see one. However, from the other's responses, surely the Khajiit of Skyrim were notorious. She had heard stories over the years, so she was not surprised by their responses. "With your hearty caravan and traveling skills, I am sure the storm will not cause too much trouble." Of course, the storm would be tough, but having a light heart to situations helped ease the assumed pain.

Another factor that seemed to ease the air was Ihylin's plan. It was well-crafted, and quite frankly to the white-haired young woman, perfect. She was certainly impressed, and with a nod of the head, she silently agreed.

A sudden stop caused the knight to grasp the hilt handle of her sword, ready to attack. However, she eased at the trader's casual demeanor, and released her grip. With the sudden insult, Valenia could not help but smile at the play. "Of course." Her response was clear as she left the wagon and stood guard in front. She readied her shield and sword, eyeing the surrounding area. In accordance with her training, she was to focus on every different observation she could find. She would use her sword and shield to receive reflective images in peripheral vision that was out of obvious reach: keeping shiny equipment was not just for looks. It was no mirror, but certainly shapes and hues were defined.

To her surprise, she heard another few bickering phrases shared between the two: the noble commenting on the view of the woman, with the woman insulting his laziness, and the fall of the woman, and the comment of the noble. With no reason to keep a straight face, Valencia let a smile slip as she stood guard, completely at focus with her surroundings. While the two were making a quiet scene behind the wagon, Valencia's attention was everywhere: not just behind the wagon. If an attacker were to arrive, she would be ready to strike them down.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Her jaw did not drop, but internally, Eydis's heart did. Every word that poured from his mouth dripped with apathy unlike anything she blonde had ever seen. Of course, she had met many emotionless souls, but to jump from such emotion to nothingness? It terrified her. To think someone could snap just like that. That he could go from such closeness to cold sharp ice. Could he instantly snap and rush to snap her neck? There was a chance.

As every word continued to flow, the more and more the healer's heart dropped. It continued to crack, breaking from the loss. She was so close. So close to unlocking just one more door... but she was caught, kicked out, and all the locks were relocked. She was at a loss. The more he spoke, the more he retorted her, argued with her, made her feel naïve, the more her heart felt like it was pulled farther from her body. And her eyes... her indigo eyes stared at the male. Her expression was neither light nor dark, no. Rather, it reflected Kyneth's own emotions. Empty. Blank. But it was no perfect clean slate. It was tinted in the hue of Distress. Failure. Sadness. All together as one.

And his words... that she would learn eventually. Did he take her as a fool? As if she did not know the horrors that the world gave birth to? That the people worshipped? She continued to stare, a feeling of sorrow tinting her mostly empty face once again. Her indigo eyes followed him as he stood, listening as he spoke, so casually. He looked to the sky as she stood and turned around, ready to leave. She always strived to be as wise as she could. But she knew she was not yet experienced enough. Her heart and mind strived for light and warmth: always. But she had never met such a case as his own.

"You are WRONG!!" For once in years, the young woman shouted, her voice echoing slightly in the rainy forest. Her fists were clenched as she stared harshly at the much older and much stronger man. "You take me as a fool? For me to believe this world is all sunshine and light? Of course this world is plagued with darkness! I wouldn't be giving you these speeches if I felt the world was all happiness! There is no ruse: there is light in this dark world. But it is people like you who refute it!" The edge to her words cut like blades through the air. It was a statement unlike any other she had said. Last time, it was to her family. She did not have the worst life. Not close. But she was observant, and saw the other's suffering. To not see other's cry for help when her own family torments them with racist slurs and condescending unfair battles, there was a reason for her drive to bring happiness. Because she had seen the happiness leave the helpless, and the strongest.

But after she had said what she said, she knew she was in trouble. Both her heart, and perhaps the male, would strike her down in pain. Her face hardened, finally looking away. "Sorry to waste your time, sir." With her delicate self returning, and not wanting the male to see her eyes teeming with tears once more, she turned around, and took her leave into the still raining forest.

Hart

Sassmaster
    Staring at his hand for a moment, Ihylin exhaled through her nose slowly and considered her options. Putting her hand in his, she allowed herself to be helped up, brushing off the light blue dress she wore, looking him dead in the eye. While it wasn't a particularly angry look, sparks held in her gaze, and the merchant smirked, only to be quick about hooking her ankle around his calf and sprawling him on the ground in a single motion.

"That's for the comment." She said simply. Moving past him to the front of the wagon, a deft foot kicked up a pebble and nailed him in the side of the head. Not enough to hurt, but enough to sting and leave a mark. The woman might have been a bit stockier then Valencia, but she was still extremely nimble and quick to react.

"And that's for being coy. Now, are you done Lord Seton? I've got a job to do."

She had a hell of a temper if provoked enough, but this didn't seem like anger or irritation. Rather, a playful (if slightly mean) quip. The Lady Sweetwater hadn't had much "companion" time since she left home years ago, leaving her sister and mother in Cyrodiil to manage a smithing shop on their own. Moving to the front of the wagon, she gave a sweet little smile to the lady knight.

"You can relax just a bit. No one likes these stretch of woods. Too close to town for bandits, far enough away for city folk. If anything, I think Lord Seton will need help picking up bits of his ego, after that nasty little fall."

To be fair, she felt a little bad for pulling that one. With the pay she was giving, Ihylin shrugged it off. Their trip had just started, and the merchant had already gotten herself in a little squabble with a man twice her size, regretting absolutely none of it.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Wrong? Oh boy, oh BOY!

Her meager shout rang out in his ears, and remained there for but a moment before he turned around to face her swiftly, and confidently. Then more of her words began to flow out of her mouth in a rushed and uncontrolled tone; the polar opposite of the composure she had held moments ago.

HA! You're not just a fool girl, oh believe me you are SO much more!

"I only took you as naive, young and inexperienced my dear," he started in a tone of questionable happiness, "however, now that I have heard your utterly foolish - and unnecessarily loud words, I do indeed think you to be a fool. You say that there is light in this dark world, and this is true. However that has nothing to do with how very little you know about the world you prance around and pick daisies in. No matter how much light you may try to dig out of this pit of darkness we call Nirn, it doesn't make it any less DARK. If you know anything at all, then you'd know that the light we are talking about only has so long before it burns itself out. I have no need to refute logic girl, you said it yourself - this world is plagued with darkness. Join it, or be snuffed out."

He saw her eyes begin to swell as she turned herself violently away, pointed back in the direction that she came. The energy that she began to give off as she took her first steps was something Kyneth could only describe as sweet

I told you Kyneth, we're not different. You love the way it feels to instill a sense of doom and fear into others - to crush everything they may believe. YOU LOVE SEEING OTHERS IN PAIN BY YOUR DOING!

It was the truth too. He hated it, but Kyneth would be lying to himself if he said he didn't. The satisfaction he felt in those moments, shutting the situation down - shutting her down, it was incomparable. He hated hurting others, hated the fact that there was a side of him that did. Yet, no matter how much he tries to stop it from happening, he ends up doing it at some point anyway. Is it worth it to hide that?

"Sorry to waste your time, sir," he heard the girl call back in a sad half retort as she quickly became drenched walking towards the forest.

"Don't be, it was my bloody pleasure," he waved and chuckled turning away from her, and back to the storm. "Now let's get this pipe lit back up and head east."

Stop pushing me down Kyneth, stop pushing yourself down. You are better when you are yourself, look at how much happier you are now that she is gone - now that you shattered her baby perspective of the world. You are meant to be this way! Stop LYING to yourself you useless piece of plops! Stop lying or fluffing END IT ALREADY!

"No," Kyneth spoke to himself calmly and quietly, pulling his sleeve up and unsheathing his dagger, "We have contracts remember?"

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Once done with her restocking the halfbreed heads to leave Whiterun. A simple whistle being all needed to summon her dear Pandora to her side as she made her way to the main doors with a slight jaunty step. Doesn't even turn her head as Pandora hops upon her shoulder. "What have you gotten me, sweet Pandora?" Kiv purrs to her thrall, gently stroking it with her free hand.

Pandora opens her mouth once her master's hand rested below it, dropping one black soul gem, two petty soul gems, and a small sack of gold.

Kiv surveys her little prize with a purr. "Well done as usual, partner of mine." She purrs as she heads out of the gate and back down to her steed, pocketing the stolen goods. It is not long after she is upon old Shadowmere and galloping for Solitude. She had contracts of her own to fulfill, and thanks to the shadowy mare's not-quite-living state, she wouldn't need to rest as often as that foolish caravan.

And she was prepared should she crash right into them again.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Every movement was observed by the knightly woman. It was certainly an interesting situation behind the caravan, though. Enough for Valencia to listen carefully to not only her surroundings, but the two bickering from behind. The lady knight was always cautious when it came to guarding. Being on the upfront of all observations was key to success. It always worried her that she would fail. Going on small trips such as the one helped her train to keep her observational skills at their highest without falter. To her relief, she had yet to see hint of suspicion anywhere in the area. Of course, with the caravan to be cloaked, Valencia was certain that they would not come across such graceful places. Bandits filled the highways with their ever-dominating prowess over travelers. It made Valencia sick to think such abominations of thieves and murderers lived their lives without a doubt of what they've done.

It only seemed that the bickering between the two would not falter any time soon. The knight found it funny how they treated one another: she assumed the woman's abuse was only of play, as the Lord would've surely attempted attack if otherwise. In her eyes, their play seemed like friends who both cared for one another deep down, despite having just met. The thought let a smile slip. Although she did let it slip, the white-haired young woman had to bite her lip to keep the laughter at bay. Those two! When she heard the ruckus, she watched as the auburn-haired woman made the male fall, she couldn't help but roll her eyes with a chuckle. Those two... while Ihylin was upfront about the, pay, Valencia thought surely the entertainment from those two would be enough.

With sights of a smile from the woman, the knight gave one in return. However, once she heard the statement of the forest and Rolard, she couldn't help but chuckle once again. "Of course, I will keep note of that." She spoke, referring to the area. She then turned her head and smile to lord Seton, smiling with sweetness, as usual. "Oh don't worry love: I will be glad to help you pick up the pieces." Her voice was light and playful, giving another chuckle before facing Ihylin once more. "By the end of this trip you two will have all my laughter!"

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    Anger? Yes: anger, was what the girl felt. To believe her as a fool... She knew how much darkness Nirn held. It was treacherous place indeed. Her family was a good example. Her brother an assassin, her sister a prostitute, another a bandit... and their racism and discrimination... Many couldn't believe she spawned in that family.

But his words... they hurt. They truly hurt her. To think she tried so hard, and seemed closer than ever, to realize she was farther than before. For a moment she thought he was too dense to listen. Had he not listened to her statement? That she knew the troubles the world faced? Once she thought it though, she scolded herself for thinking in such a way. Perhaps he truly was bent into thinking the cruelty of the world was fated and could never be altered...

But she listened. Despite the venom laced in his words, she listened. Despite the lies he gave her - or at least, she believed were lies - she listened. She felt deep down that she would never let the flames die out. Never snuff out. For as long as she would live, she would bring a light. To carry the torch of knowledge that dispels the darkness of ignorance. That while a place is filled with darkness, all one needs is to look for the light and feed it. Things grow with care, not neglect. Even if she becomes the last person tending to the small fire, she would spend every moment of her life dedicated to passing it on and keeping it alive, in hopes that someone else will too take her place when she passes, and care for Nirn and the light is gives.

His words were too much. Her swelling eyes were a signal for her fists to clench once more as she turned around. Never, would she let someone win with such darkness. She would continue to fight, no matter what. However, she knew that the man was in a state of weakness, and could flip at any moment. The time to fight back was not yet. As she said her 'apology', his own statement broke her heart even further. He was one of them... and she was unable to help.

Walking into the rain, she felt her dress soak up the tears of the sky with a cold drench. Once she believed to be far away enough, she let out her cries. Leaning up against a tree that blocked the rain only partially, she placed her hands to her eyes, sobbing aloud. Down she slid, sitting on a cold rock that the roots had pushed upwards. Her breaths were shaky as she released her sadness into the air. "J-Join it or b-be s-snuffed out..." she sobbed quietly, sniffing as she wiped her eyes, looking to the leaves above her. "Oh Nirn... I-I promise I will protect you... and b-bring you light..." The small smile she formed began to tremble as she threw her face into her hands once more, her cries melting with the rain.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    The ex-noble cocked an eyebrow at his employer, sensing a rather than less cordial look from her. Before he could even ask, the grizzled warrior found himself laid out on the ground, azure glowing eyes staring up into the midday sun. Had... Had that truly just happened? A bleeding merchant laid him out? No. No way he could of let that happen. Perhaps he was dehydrated and tripped? Or maybe was clocked on the head and was hallucinating. Unfortunately it became clear none of these excuses were true as the auburn haired Nord strode past him as if nothing happened, still the smugness wasn't lost on hi.

"That's for the comment."

"Thanks for the... Huh, why you minxy little bi--AH plopse!" The pebble to the head was certainly not what Rolard had expected her to follow up with. Under most circumstances the offender would be left with broken bones to teach them their place. But this was because most treated him so poorly for other reasons. Her though. She just did it for the hell of it, a bemused smile on his face. Child must have some serious balls to fluff with a fully armored knight without even a second thought.

Attempting to gather what dignity he had left, Rolard pushed himself out of the dirt, gathering up the tarp that started this whole debacle before carefully placing it over their transport. Joking aside, they needed to attract as little attention as possible. Having dedicated a great deal of his time to hunting bandits to make a living, he knew better than most just how bad the situation in Skyrim had become. Bandit Tribes had grown to considerable strength, many raiding major roadways and caravans with little concern of response from either the Imperials or Stormcloaks. It was an appalling situation, but that was only a fraction of the many woes such a war brought. Can't focus on that now. Two things matter, coin for my kin, and this bloody Dragonborn.

Shaking his head to clear away these thoughts, he moved to rejoin his female companions who seemed to be having a jolly laugh at his misfortunes.

"You can relax just a bit. No one likes these stretch of woods. Too close to town for bandits, far enough away for city folk. If anything, I think Lord Seton will need help picking up bits of his ego, after that nasty little fall."

"Oh don't worry love: I will be glad to help you pick up the pieces."

An irritated sigh was given to the two as he approached them, though a small smile played at his lips. "Ah, if it isn't the fair maidens, glad to see my woes bring such joy to the two of you. Who knows, perhaps we'll get lucky and I'll be stabbed, then you can have a splendid chortle." While rather grim, it was a joke. Course he was soon distracted by the dazzling smile given to him by the white haired warrior woman. How anyone conveyed such joy and optimism was beyond him, especially one who lived by the sword. Few were left so... Clean of spirit after that.

"Quite kind of you Lady Valencia, though I assure you, my ego was shattered quite some time ago..." Well meant to come off as light banter, the spell sword mentally slapped himself as he let his facade slip, if only for a moment. And in front of complete strangers no less. You're getting to comfortable fool. Stay focused on the job, on the coin. Can't afford any distractions.

His playful attitude quickly dying, Rolard simply made his way back to the rear of the caravan. "We should move while the sun is still high. Divines only know how much longer we'll be blessed with this weather." With nothing else to say, he took his place on the rear of the cart, one leg hanging off while he surveyed the surrounding woods. True, it was close to the city. But it it wouldn't be surprising if even that proved to be not enough to dissuade them.

@Zelda @Hart

Hart

Sassmaster
    Ihylin was quiet for a minute. Something about him, she was curious of. The lady was never one to ask of the past of the guards she had paid previously, but many of them were deadpanned and in it entirely for the gold. Yet she watched his back as he returned to the back of the cart, sulking slightly. Moody little joy killer, isn't he?

"Actually, Lord Seton. I'd like you up front. Lady Ildrose is a bit too, em... shiny for the territory we're suppose to be passing through. That, and you'd be easier to pass off as an Afflicted, considering you are a Breton.

Pushing a bit of the heavy canvas to the side, she drew out a little bottle of orange coloured powder, and a rather poofy looking brush. The merchant wasn't kidding. Headed towards him, she made herself busy carefully pouring chalking dust into her hand to use as a makeshift palette, the glass cork held in her mouth. She looked a bit silly, but didn't seem to notice, spitting the stopper out and using her chin to tap it back into place.

"You have two choices. Fight me, and this will probably get dumped on you on accident, or you sit still I finish this up faster so we can get on the road and get out of the way of this storm. What's it going to be, then?"

@Zelda @Keidivh

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    It bewildered the Nordic Breton as to how those two did not know each other prior. They treated one another as long lost friends from the army ranks. Valencia couldn't help but chortle to their bickering. Oh these two... The 'violence' Ihylin brought upon Lord Seton was only the beginning; at least, the white-haired young woman thought so.

Upon her joking she gave the male, a sigh exhaled him with slight irritation. From her first meeting with the male, it was profound of how truly vain he was of himself. But from the sight of this, perhaps he was not entirely engulfed in himself. When he left a small smile, she let her own stay, knowing the play would certainly lighten the mood. "Oh come on now, love. Surely we wouldn't leave you to your wounds... as long as we leave a small laugh first! I'm joshing I'm joshing..!" Valencia let out a small laugh, attempting to keep the mood light.

However, the male's next statement quickly smothered the happy flame to oblivion. Glancing to the auburn-haired woman to her side and then back to Rolard, her smile had quickly dissipated. Just as a book: not all is revealed on the cover. She was hoping to respond with something lighter. Perhaps 'Well I will still volunteer to help search, love.' Despite her idea, Rolard was quick to beat her with a directive back to the matter at hand. The knightly woman knew it was time to get back to business, but it certainly did not need to end in such a cold state.

Once he took his leave, he was directed to sit in the front due to Valencia's 'shiny' appearance. The knight knew she was not one for stealth, and in such a situation, she was certainly of no aid. A light pink hue dusted he cheeks of slight embarrassment, giving a small smile and a nod of the head. "Understood." Hopping back down to the ground, she made her way to the back, only to watch Ihylin prepare a orange dust filled bottle towards Lord Seton. Raising an eyebrow, the knight watched in curiosity, surprised by the plan, but impressed.

Zelda

Princess of Hyrule
    "Come on you bastards!" "Oh hush it, woman!" A sudden silence fell over the band, eyes agape. "What did you say....?" The sultry voice spoke, a hint of threat intertwining the mellifluous words. "...Come on, you're no fun!" The male retorted, groaning in boredom. With a roll of the eyes, the woman tossed her hair aside from her quick turn on her heals, facing the others. "Well? Come on! We're running low on supplies, and I want to take a nap. You all can get back to your gambling card games once we get this over with and return home. Now get your arses moving!"

With a lead, the woman took her steps forward, taking the small gang of bandits. Half of them guarded the camp while the other half, with their leader, scavenged for any poor soul who happened to cross their path.

With a sudden halt, the agile woman leaned downward, the others following as she placed a single finger to her lips. Peering through the brush, not too far away, a single caravan traveled alone, a Khajiit in control. With a smirk, the woman flashed her band of misfits three fingers, all of them understanding perfectly the plan. In accordance with certain factors, their leader would choose an appropriate plan of approach. Of her choice, it was number three.

Placing her dagger away, the woman messed up her hair and clothes a bit, having her comrades randomly throw mud around her. Finally, she was ready.

Running from the forest, it took a few seconds to reach the caravan. She let out puffs of uneven breaths, trembling. "P-Please! Oh-! Please help me! They are after me!" She trembled, approaching the caravan quickly, tripping slightly, tears forming at the brim of her eyelids.

@Kivuli_The_Khajit

Kivuli_The_Khajit

Werewolf Queen of Skyrim
    Kiv has her horse halt, and she gives the mussed up lass a good once-over while her thrall slips away into the brush. History tells that not every lady on the road was honest. There were bandits and cheats everywhere.

"And you are crying to me because?" She grumbles to the lass, for now seeing not much value in aiding her. Right now she was just an obstacle in her way to Solitude

Pandora sneaks around the underbrush, looking for any hidden ambushes. A small creature like her was easily overlooked, as not many are usually on alert for a sneaking cat skeleton.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    A groan of irritation came from the one time lord as his presence was requested in the front of the cart. After his slip of the tongue he had little desire to interact with his companions right now, wanting nothing more than to light up his pipe and fill his lungs with its burning, calming balm. Unfortunately Ihylin was the one with the Septims, so he wasn't exactly in a position to argue.

Upon reaching her, he had enough time to think over her last statement, realizing the implications. Looking over to Valencia, a bewildered look came across his weary face. "She can't possibly mean-"

As if to answer his question before it could be finished, he turned back towards his auburn haired employer, finding her with some sickly colored dust in her palette(or hand for that matter), a brush in the other hand, and a bloody cork in her mouth. The sheer absurdity and suddenness of this situation caused a small smile to return to his face, though he did his best to conceal it beneath his icy, gruff demeanor. Another look was cast over to his white haired peer, giving her an incredulous look as if to say. There's no way in Oblivion this girl is serious... Right?

"You have two choices. Fight me, and this will probably get dumped on you on accident, or you sit still I finish this up faster so we can get on the road and get out of the way of this storm. What's it going to be, then?"

Icy eyes looking back into hers, he carefully weighed his options. On one and, he really didn't want to have this plopse smeared on his face. He still had a few shreds of dignity left. On the other, while he could likely pin her down, she seemed fiery enough to put up a good enough of a fight to smear that crap on his master-crafted armor, something he took better care of than his own body often times.

Giving a predatory smile, the ex-knight nodded his consent. "Very well mi'lady, paint away. Though you're going to have a hard time hiding these rugged good looks. Also if either of you breath a word of this to anyone, and I'll projectile vomit on you, if only to be a convincing Afflicted." Rolard had the misfortune of hunting a group of the disease ridden freaks who were causing trouble in the Reach. It went well, except for the last bit where one the last bastards vomited green poison on his boots. He didn't stop bathing for a week after that.

As she began her work, he looked at her again as she drew close to paint his face. "You're just using this as an excuse to feel me up aren't you?"

@Zelda @Hart

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts