• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Star Gazer

Hi everybody! This is about my new character, The Jester! I hope you like it. It won't be a serious fanfic, it will just be stuff that pops up while I'm writing for posting for RPs. So, without further ado, I present... The Jester's Revenge!​

The jester... Maybe the one killed by Cicero?

Star Gazer

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." -Confucius
Chapter 1: A Unique Ability
The year is 12th of Evening Star, 4E, 186. The man is 29.​
__________/1\__________
He walked through Solitude, the hold he had been born into. He was an imperial, but there was no way of knowing that. He could have passed off as a nord, since he had pale skin and light hair. He saw a young man storming out of the Blue Palace, wearing red clothes, a hat that branched off into three sections, bells on each, and a sharp knife in his hand. He thought nothing of it at first, and went to the Winking Skeever to chat with his friends about the civil war that was breaking out. Apparently, there was another rebellion. This one was led by a man they called Ulfric Stormcloak. He was leading an army he called the Stormcloaks. Only an arrogant man would name an army after himself. I'm glad our High-King Torygg isn't as self-centered as that man. He thought. He reached into his pocket to buy another drink, but found that it was empty. He was middle-class, but never found himself without enough coin, except for now. A group of imperials came through the doors of the bar. Shady looking men casually covered their faces with their hands. The guards posted a sheet of paper onto the wall beside the door. Once they left, everyone crowded the sheet, excited for a bounty letter, but disappointed when finding out what it was. Our hero was the last to arrive at the parchment. It read: "Dear citizens of Solitude, The Royal Jester, Cicero, has lost his mind and stormed off. If any are interested in the position of jester, please report to the Blue Palace as soon as possible." The man, feeling lighter without the coin, decided he would look into it. Other than his part-time job at the Radiant Raiment, the only way he could obtain money was to steal and cheat.
__________/2\__________
He approached the large castle, and from what he could see, it was well guarded with patrols out-front, and he could see them through the windows as well. When he entered the building, the sweet aroma of sweetrolls mixed with smoke entered his lungs. It was enjoyable, and knew he would have a good time. There was always a party going on in the Blue Palace, but was always well supervised and security was tight. He was stopped in his tracks by a large guard. "Name and business." He said in a low voice. "I am here to apply for the job of jester!" The man replied, dodging the question of name. "Down the hall on your right." He said. He walked past the large guard and took a right, leading him to a door. He opened it, and was disappointed when the smell of sweetrolls disappeared, and the smell of sweat and metal made an appearance. "Welcome! Start when you're ready!" Said a man in a frilly costume. "What do you want me to do?" He asked. "Whatever you need to do to get the job!" He said. The delight in his voice creeped him out, but he ignored it.
__________/3\__________
There were hoops to jump through and a lute sitting on a chair across from the man. There were balloons on the other side of the room along with a table of items. On the table were many things, from nails to sewing needles. He picked up the sharpest items he could find, and took aim. The table was a good ten yards away from the balloons. He threw a nail, and to his surprise hit the balloon on contact. He picked up a needle and threw it. Another pop. The man laughed in awe of the skill, but kept his focus. The man wanted to stick with needles and nails, since those were the sharpest he could find. He threw another nail, another pop. Another needle, another rubber balloon falling to the floor. There was a stack of cards next to the items. He picked up the deck and shuffled them out. He walked back to the man. "Pick a card!" He said. He had learned card-tricks before. The man picked a card, grinning. "Which is it?" He asked. "Joker." The man replied. He sneezed, but it was just a trick to draw the man's eyes away from the deck. "Bless you." He said. The man held up a single card. It was the other joker. "Bravo!" The man clapped, but realized he did not have the other card. He looked around, but the man reached behind his ear and pulled out the other joker. He now held both of the jokers in his hand. He turned and threw one, popping a balloon, and threw the other, popping the last. With a bow, he was awarded with applause from the man. "You have the job!" The man said. "Talk to Torygg's advisor and inform him of your new position. He'll give you your costume and any other things you'll need!"
__________/4\__________
The man walked over to the advisor. "Hello, I am Ardious Firebeard. May I help you with anything?" He asked. "Hello Ardious, I am the new jester! I was told you could inform me of some things and give me my new uniform." He said. Ardious nodded, with a happy yet serious look on his face. He took him to a room to the left of the throne. "I suppose you already know what jesters do, right? They are to entertain and defend the High-King, and if you shirk either one of these duties, you will lose your position as royal jester." "Wait, defend the high-king? I thought clowns were just for fun and games?" He said. Ardious laughed, pulling back a curtain and revealing an arsenal of concealable weapons. "Welcome to your new job, Jester."

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
Me too. Solid stuff, man :thereneedstobeacookieemoticon:

Star Gazer

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and then our tools shape us." -Marshall Mcluhan
Chapter 2: The Tools of the Trade
__________/1\__________
The new jester feasted his eyes upon the weapons. There were daggers and knives, but cards and needles? "What are these for?" "Entertainment and weapons to be used in defense of the High-King." "Needles and cards?" "Yes, these are all tools of the jester's trade. The fighting style used by a jester requires acrobatic ability and skill with throwing weapons. We have already been informed that you are good with throwing cards." He said, waving his hand and concluding. "Get dressed. Once in your uniform, I will show you what to do."
__________/2\__________
He knew he looked ridiculous. The red did not fit him well, and he did not know what the paint was for. He was confused as to how one could conceal all of the weapons that he was required to have at all times. The deck of cards consisted of only jokers, and the needles were all dyed red. He tried putting the dagger in his colorful tunic, but found it showed through the tight material. He found a small slot underneath the small, jingling poncho around his neck. Ardious Firebeard walked in. "Need help?" "I've got it." "Well, you need to practice with your weapons on a daily basis. The jester is possibly the most important body-guard to the king. The jester must be around the king at all times during the day. You will be assigned a room and food fit for a king!" He joked. "Welcome to the royal family." This caught the jester by surprise. He was introduced to the family, which only contained the king and his wife, Elisif the Fair. The king sat in his large chair as the fool's chair was beside his. The seat was small, red, and seemed to be made for a child. "Entertain me." Said Torygg, rudely.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
I like it mate, I await to see how the Jester becomes so crazy, and much more. Glad you made this, it should really help with me understanding your character during ''The invasion of the Damned''

Star Gazer

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst." -Aristotle
Chapter 3: The Duel
__________/1\__________
It had been four years since the jester began working for the king. Over time, they became quite good friends. The threat of the Stormcloak rebellion has become larger over the years, and now there were death threats and assassination attempts from rebellious nords all across Skyrim.
__________/2\__________
A courier entered the Blue Palace. The Jester laid a finger on a needle, painted red, ready to chuck it into the man's skull. The assassination attempts have started to become a problem, but the Jester has usually dealt with them easily. "Your highness, a letter for you has arrived." He said, handing Torygg the scroll. Another man took it and unrolled it, saying:
Torygg Highest of Kings,
You, by code of law, are required to accept any challenge given by any jarl of the holds of Skyrim. I, Ulfric Stormcloak, challenge you to a duel to the death. I will arrive, with personal guard, at the sunrise of Morndas.
-Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm
The man re-rolled the scroll, and handed it to Torygg. "We must leave the city at once!" Cried Elisif, standing from her chair. "No, he is right. As High-King, it goes against tradition to decline a challenge. We fight at dawn." He said, retiring to his quarters.
__________/3\__________
The next morning, a sharp knock at the front doors of the palace startled everyone. Torygg stepped down from his throne and made his way to the door. He opened the double-doors and stepped outside into the courtyard. Torygg drew his sword as the jarls of each hold, by tradition, were required to attend. Ulfric came accompanied by a group of five stormcloak bodyguards if things got shaky. Ulfric cleared his throat, and drew his blade. The Jester attempted to take Torygg's position in the duel. After he was denied, the battle began. It started with slow circling of each-other, then a sword strike. The battle sped up, and became more intense. Torygg kicked the sword out of Ulfric's hand, and the Jester clapped as he was to deliver the final blow. As unexpected as rain on a sunny day, Ulfric let out a shout. "Fus, RO DAH!" He shouted, sending Torygg falling on his back. Ulfric retrieved his sword and held it over the king's head. "For Skyrim!" He called as his bodyguards cheered. He drove the sword into Torygg's chest before releasing a long battle-cry.
__________/4\__________
The Jester quickly unleashed needle-after-needle into three of the stormcloak's skulls as the other two charged. With a wink of his eye, the Jester was gone. One's throat was slit, but the other heard and swung in the direction of the low gurgle of blood. The Jester ducked and kicked at his knee, dropping him to the ground. The guard was then used as a temporary meat-shield, blocking the arrows of the imperial guards. The Jester then turned to Ulfric, and ran towards him, but the rebel turned and ran through the crowd. The Jester leapt nimbly from rooftop to rooftop and hopped down just behind Ulfric. He chased him to the watchtower that blocked the man from escape. The Jester slowly walked towards him, winking and turning invisible yet again. Fear entered Ulfric's eyes before the gate behind him was opened. He ran through and hopped into a carriage. The vehicle drove away before The Jester could catch up. He turned to the guard who opened the gates, slapping him repeatedly. His name was Roggvir. The Jester dragged him by his helmet to Castle Dour and dropped him. The Jester expected to be rewarded with the capture of an assistant murderer, but was knocked out by the pommel of an imperial blade. Betrayed by his own people.
__________/5\__________
He woke up on a carriage, hands bound behind his back. The carriage made many winding turns before finally stopping. The Jester stood before realizing where he was, Helgen. He was dragged to the chopping block.

Star Gazer

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity." -John F. Kennedy
Chapter 4: Rhyme all the Time
__________/1\__________
The Jester was thrown onto the chopping block. "Clown, you are charged with the murder of five, and the attempted murder of the Jarl of Windhelm. What say you before death?" Asked a young imperial girl. "Murder murder, it was not. Execution of royalty? Haven't you thought? The High-King was murdered! shouted to death! He has taken his final breath! It's not me who does kill, but Ulfric! Not for freedom, but for thrill! Whilst you kill me, a killer gets away! To rejoice and come back to kill another day!" He said. The rhyming seemed to annoy the girl and anger the executioner, who wielded a large axe, but didn't wear an executioner's hood. "Before your country you disgrace, just know I'll surely remember your face." he said to the headsman, humming afterwards. He watched as the axe was lifted, but winked and disappeared as it came down. He casually walked to the cart, invisible, as everyone panicked, including the executioner. The Jester grabbed the sack containing his belongings, unhooked the horse from the carriage, and rode off. One day, he would return to get revenge on those who tried to murder him, but first, he rode north, to avenge his king.

Star Gazer

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." -George Washington
Chapter 5: Co-Workers
__________/1\__________
The Jester rode off from Helgen, to Riverwood, stopping at the river to rest his horse and allowed it to drink. There was a man coming through on a carriage, carrying a large box in the back. He was wearing red just like the jester, he wore the same hat, and each bump he rode over, golden bells rang on his outfit, just like the jester. He mounted his horse and followed the carriage for some time. They went on a passage through the wilderness. The trees overhead were large, and shaded the path they were on. The carriage stopped, and down came the suspicious figure. The Jester dismounted his horse and met the man, with about ten yards between them. The man drew his blade, the jester drew his. Both of their blades were painted red and blue.
__________/2\__________
"What would you say, what would you do, if a man you didn't know impersonated you?" The man rhymed. "Alas, there is a jester anew, he plays the role, but I am unsure if he bears what is true." He called back. "There are no more than me, but you act like there are two. One of us is a traitor, be it me or you." "You share my clothes, many rhymes too, but there isn't one enemy that I can't subdue." "Subdue you shall not, that is for me to do! With my colored blade, your neck I shall cut-through!" He yelled, charging. "Me you pursue? I will eschew! Perhaps if we think this over, we can start new?" The man stopped a few feet from the jester. "Thank you, but shall we make due? My mother and I have to get through." "Your mother I do, hold respect to, but I need to know if you're worth talking to. An impersonator I look to, you've caused all of this hullaballoo! No man shares my own point of view!" "Your sorry point of view, I do not look up to. You copy me, who are you?" "Only chance brought us to, I think I should ask who are you? You copy my style, copy you do, what is the chance that I could run into you?" He asked, clearly gaining the upper hand in this rhyme-battle. "A jester of kings! The keeper too! There is nothing that Cicero can't do!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. The jester thought he remembered that name from somewhere before, but couldn't put a finger on it. "Alas, I am a jester too, the High-King's previous jester... was that you?" He asked. "That I was, but what about you? If you are lying, I can't see through. Perhaps a good liar, perhaps you are true, but never in a million years will I believe a fool like you!" He said, swinging at the jester. With a wink, he was gone. Cicero struck at thin air. Cicero raised his hand and charged an invisibility spell, casting it on himself. "These skills of jesters, we do share. We are both here, but where?" said a voice from the trees. The Jester took out a needle, ready to throw. "For a jester, nothing is unfair! Let's just see how long you can bear!" He said. He heard a blade swing down where he once was. They both kept moving, constantly. "A wielder of such skills is quite rare, a certain tension is in the air." He said, standing in-front of a tree. The Jester threw the needle. It his the tree behind him with a plink. Cicero saw the needle and ran from it, jingling his bells as he ran. "Here, there, everywhere! There is no space we do not share." he rhymed. "An old jester's trick, some say it's quite sick. I just need to find out what makes you tick!" "What makes me tick does depend. Sooner or later, you'll meet your end." He unhooked a bell from his clothes. "Too much time we do spend! I really must be going, I don't mean to offend!" He said finally. The Jester threw a bell near the voice. It hit the ground and rang for a few seconds. Another strike from Cicero's dagger. When he realized that he missed, he found a blade to his neck. They both returned from invisibility at contact with each-other.
__________/3\__________
"Ah, yes. You are quite good! Maybe team up we should!" "Not a liar, we misunderstood. To conquer the world, both of us could! I accept your invitation, this is obviously shows no negation!" He said. "Ah, I have not rhymed so well in a long time, my friend. I am Cicero, the assassin!" "Nor have I. An assassin? For the Dark Brotherhood?" "Yes, of course! I am on my way to deliver the night mother to my new family!" He said in a high-pitched voice. "Once I deliver her, we will take on the world!" He announced. "Lead the way!" The Jester said, hopping on his horse.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Wonderful, though not exactly lore-friendly, it is still probably one of the best threads I've seen so far, especially that last bit with Cicero.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
This is great! The Jester is so amusing, It is interesting to learn more about his past.
Just one question lucas, are you trying to kill yourself with all the rhyming? :) I mean its awsome, but I can only stop and stare in awe at that last little fight with Cicero! All of that plus the Invasion of the Damned? You got guts man :)

Star Gazer

This is great! The Jester is so amusing, It is interesting to learn more about his past.
Just one question lucas, are you trying to kill yourself with all the rhyming? :) I mean its awsome, but I can only stop and stare in awe at that last little fight with Cicero! All of that plus the Invasion of the Damned? You got guts man :)
lol thanks! I'm not going to make him rhyme 24/7 like I did in our RP. I appreciate the feedback guys!

Star Gazer

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown." -William Shakespeare
Chapter 6: The King's Crown
__________/1\__________
Their journey to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary was a long one, so the two jesters asked each-other questions to pass the time. "Our king, did he have a crown? A king is not a king unless he bears a crown!" Said Cicero. The Jester felt comfort, knowing that there was another like him. "There is an item called the jagged crown. It was once worn by all high-kings of Skyrim, but that tradition was lost long ago. But I know a certain someone who is working very hard to earn this silly hat." The Jester said in return. "I am one for tradition. The sanctuary we're going to, they have been accepting contracts without the night-mother! It's almost like they are telling Sithis that they don't need him! It's... preposterous!" "I don't really know what you mean, but I agree that tradition must be held. If we can get that crown back, it can be a symbol of justice, and proof that Ulfric murdered the high-king!" "Now you're talking, If I were a jagged crown, where would I hide?" "Apparently, it's in some ancient zombie crypt. Lost by some long-lost king that brought it there or something." The Jester said, doing his best to impersonate a zombie. "If we can figure out where it is, we can find it!" He declared. The Jester nodded in agreement and understanding.
__________/2\__________
They passed through Falkreath, attracting many stares as they passed. They took a winding trail to what looked like a dead-end, but a door was stationed in an opening that seemed to cast a strange shadow. As the two approached the door, it spoke. "What... is the music... of life?" It asked. The Jester thought of the lute, but Cicero answered instead. "Silence, my brother!" He exclaimed in a long, yet high-pitched voice. The door opened. "You may want to stay out here. The Dark Brotherhood does not take kindly to men without invitations." Cicero chuckled, and the Jester nodded, taking a seat on a log near a black pool of goop. The substance seemed to move and gurgle. The Jester stared at the liquid-like material for twenty minutes before Cicero came storming out of the door. "Those fools! Apparently they are letting anyone in these days! Now, there's a new assassin who claims to be the dragon-born! What a bluff. Hmmph!" He sighed, letting his arms droop down his sides. "A dragon-born? From the child's stories. I've always loved the poems and songs, but it would not be very fitting of a demi-god to be working as a hired hand, now would he. Can we go get that crown now?" He said, excitedly. Cicero perked up, taking his mind off of the supposed "listener". "Yes... where is it?" "Well, while you were inside, I was thinking of where they could have lost it. King Borgas was the last to wear the crown, and his final resting place is in a ruin near Whiterun. His death lead to instability all across Skyrim. We must hurry." They both nodded and hopped back into the carriage, heading down the winding pass.
__________/3\__________
Hours later, Whiterun came into sight. The Jester quickly pulled his hat down over his eyes to hide his identity. "What's the problem?" "I'm a wanted man, Cicero. For attempted murder of Ulfric." He mocked in a sarcastic tone. They took the long way around Whiterun, seeing a line of imperials walking single-file towards the north-east. "Have they found the crown?" The Jester asked, gasping. The man in the back of the line stopped them. "Stop, you are interfering with imperial duty. Turn your carriage and return to Whiterun." The Jester pulled out a needle and sent it into the man's skull. The line turned around. There were seven of them, including the man laying in the recently snow-covered grass. They charged, but the Jester disappeared. Cicero stayed in the carriage and put his feet up on the carriage-bench, relaxing as they charged. The one in front fell to the ground, suffering from a neck slice. Bells jingled in the distant trees. Two of the men charged in the direction of the bells, three moved towards the cart. One of the three took a needle to the forehead, dying instantly. Another swung in midair, chanting "They're over here, they're over here!" The two men turned back to the men, but only found bodies. The two charged the carriage, one running into a blade, the other's right hand getting cut off. He screamed in pain. The Jester took out his deck of joker cards. He walked over to the one-handed man, gripping his stub. "Pick a card, any card!" The Jester said. In pure fear, the man reached out a bloody hand and brought it to his face. "Go back to Solitude, and tell them The Jester sent you. They'll know what you mean." The man nodded and stumbled off. "Thanks for the help!" The Jester called over to Cicero. "I thought you had it under control. If I thought you needed help, I would have stepped in." He laughed.​
__________/4\__________
The two traveled to the ruin. The name of this particular crypt was Korvanjund. It was basically just a crevice in the earth, leading off in many underground tunnels, but one of them held the treasure Cicero and The Jester searched for. A shout from the bushes startled the two clowns. It was another troop of imperial legionnaires. It wasn't the clowns they were after, but Stormcloak soldiers! The two men hid in the trees and watched as they quickly dispatched the rebels. A man with full-steel imperial armor shouted out orders. "Three of you, stay out here! The rest of you, come with me!" He shouted, making a cone over his mouth with his hand. Three middle-aged men stopped and stood watch, one standing above the stairs, one standing near the edge of the crevice, one at the bottom, guarding the door. The Jester pointed to the man up top, making sure nobody went down into the stone ravine. Cicero made his way over to the man, sneaking. At the last moment, his bells jingled, alerting the guard. He swung once, but Cicero ducked and jabbed under the ribcage, and up into the vital organs. The man fell down the rocky wall. The Jester walked in Cicero's footsteps and turned invisible. The guards noticed Cicero walking down the stairs, casually. They drew their swords and charged. One ran into a blue dagger as The Jester returned from invisibility. He fell to the ground as the other backed up, which was a big mistake. At the first step he took, a needle was sent flying into his left eye. He fell to his back, stiff.​
__________/5\__________
The duo made their way through the door, killing the two door-guards simultaneously. Many stormcloak and imperial bodies littered the ground. They followed the trail of dead, until they caught up to the small group of imperials, stuck at a locked door at the end of a narrow hallway. The two jesters charged down, slicing through the remainder of the soldiers. Using their combined strength, they knocked down the door, revealing a large room with a throne, seating a dead man. On top of him was a crown, the jagged crown. The Jester ran up and grabbed the head-piece. They walked away grinning, but heard a groan behind them. The throne was now empty, the dead man nowhere in sight.​
__________/6\__________
The Jester heard the unmistakable sound of a swinging sword, and leapt out of the way, mere inches from getting chopped by an ancient sword. The man's eyes were bright blue. Cicero swung at him, but was kicked back by a decayed foot. The Jester swung, missing by inches. This bought Cicero some time as he stood up. They both charged, slicing wildly at the corpse. The dead man fell to his knees as Cicero brought his colorful dagger down into his skull. A whisper leaked out of his mouth, like air escaping in the wind. Only two words were unmistakably clear: "Thank...You"

Star Gazer

"Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse." -Winston Churchill
Chapter 7: A Warrior is Named
__________/1\__________
The one-handed man stumbled into Solitude, gripping his still-bleeding wound. He had traveled many miles with one hand and a card in his pocket, just to deliver a single message, The Jester sent him. He limped up to the Blue Palace. A new jarl has been appointed, Elisif the Fair. Her advisor, Ardious Firebeard, stood and ran to the man. "Are you alright?!" He asked. The man nodded. "Are we in possession of the jagged crown?" He asked next, expectation trailing in his voice. The man shook his head, no. "Do the Stormcloaks have it?!" He yelled. Again, his head shook. "Who... has it?" The man reached a bloody hand into his tunic, pulling out a card. He handed it to Ardious. A crowd of people gathered around to stare at the card, and that they did. The only thing they could do was stare. A woman spoke up from behind the crowd of at-least a dozen people. "The fool?" She asked. "Not a fool... The Jester."
__________/2\__________
Many people ran out into the street crying out to the citizens about the murderer who escaped the chopping block had defeated both sides of the battle and retrieved the jagged crown. The civilians were startled, shocked, and surprised, but they knew that the legion would protect their city. Everyone in the Blue Palace was stunned, standing in their places. The one-handed delivery boy looked back to Ardious. "There are more than one of the jesters." "What?" "Yes sir. He called the other one... Slissero or something." "Bu... that's impo... I will inform Castle Dour of this at once. Have your wounds tended to" He said, waving over some guards.
__________/3\__________
The double iron doors of Castle Dour opened, and in came Ardious' messenger. He walked into the war-room, and asked to speak to Tullius privately. "Speak to me here, I have no time." "The mission for the jagged crown was unsuccessful." "Let me guess. Ulfric Stormcloak now has it and is being praised as High-King." "No sir. It was taken by a group of two males, one of which is confirmed to have served as the court jester, while the other's identity has not been recognized." "The imperial legion could not take out a fool and his lackey?!" He shouted, banging his fist down on the table. The boy cringed at the banging sound. "That crown is the only thing stopping Elisif from ascending to the throne! If anyone other than the legion or Elisif has touched that head-piece, the throne will be empty until it is retrieved!" He shouted again. He was stumbling over his own words in anger. "Rikke, gather up a special force to find and take that crown!" She saluted, and sent for the barracks. The twenty men were hand-picked and the most elite in all of Solitude. Getting that crown was their main priority. The next day, the elite group was sent for Whiterun.​
__________/4\__________
The Jester awoke at their make-shift campsite. Cicero sat up on a tree, already wide awake. The Jester rubbed his tired eyes, careful not to smudge his makeup. "How long have you been awake?" "Oh no, Cicero doesn't sleep. We must get back to the sanctuary!" He said, jumping to his feet. "Why's that?" Asked The Jester, replacing his bell-adorned hat with the jagged crown, doing his best impersonation of a king, with one leg resting on a rock as he placed a fist on his chest. Both of the insane men laughed. "Oh, to tend to Mother of course!" The Jester nodded. "Oh... Well, the empire has been deceived, because the jagged crown has been retrieved! We could make a new kingdom! With only you and me. We could rule all of nirn! Sea to gleaming sea!" He rhymed playfully. "Cicero the King! It has a wonderful ring!" He said, waving a hand, signaling it was time to go. The Jester hopped in the back of the carriage and enjoyed his ride back to the sanctuary.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
This is just wonderful. I take it the Jester is not the Dohvakiin, and that the Dohvakiin in this world is not all that nice, considering the fact that he joined the Dark Brotherhood.

Star Gazer

This is just wonderful. I take it the Jester is not the Dohvakiin, and that the Dohvakiin in this world is not all that nice, considering the fact that he joined the Dark Brotherhood.
if you've played the dark brotherhood questline lately, you will likely see a familiar change of events with Cicero and the dragon-born.

Star Gazer

"Think carefully before asking for justice. Mercy might be safer." -Mason Cooley
Chapter 8: The Listener
__________/1\__________
The Jester and Cicero arrived yet again at the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. "I found another sanctuary up north. It is much nicer and in better shape than this one. I'll show you on our way to kill Ulfric, but for now, let's keep it as a whisper. Wouldn't want these deceivers to defile yet another sanctuary." Cicero said, running to the door, entering the password, and skipping inside. The Jester found the log where he sat last time, grinning at the thought of revenge. He noticed that the log was hollow. It would be a perfect hiding place. He removed his cloak and bundled the Jagged Crown inside. He placed it deep into the hollow log. The trees behind him rocked in the wind and a man was heard whispering orders. The Jester instinctively turned invisible. He looked around, finding four men surrounding his location. They wore full steel armor, with the imperial dragon in gold on their chest. A needle was sent flying in the leader's direction, but he seemed closer when the needle was thrown, landing five feet in-front of the man. He did not notice, but seemed to tense up at the sound of the sharp object break through dead leaves. A man went wide around The Jester's log. He was the first to die as he walked into an invisible dagger, pointed towards his neck. It seemed as if he moved into it on purpose. As usual, drawing blood returned the clown from invisibility. He was expecting this as he hid behind a tree, casting the spell again. Another man saw the body and ran to the two others, informing them of what had happened. The three moved in a group, one leading the two others on his left and right. The Jester positioned himself well in-front of the trio. He threw a card at a nearby tree. The men went to the sound, finding a joker card laying face-up. One backed away as one man had his neck sliced open, the next, horrified at the jingling bells of the now-visible clown. The Jester cast a paralysis spell on one man, and chucked a needle into the second man's neck. He fell to his knees, clutching his throat. The clown knelt down with him, looking into his eyes, and finishing him fast. The final man recovered from the paralysis, drew his sword and pulled out a net with iron spheres on all sides. The Jester charged as the man threw the item at his feet, tripping the clown and bringing him to the ground. The imperial man laughed. "Pitiful." He said, spitting in the jester's direction. He walked up to the man, raised his sword like Ulfric once did, and laughed. The Jester pulled out his dagger and cut at both of the man's knees, sending him falling to his face. He swung his sword, but to no avail found his sword clasped between the dirt and a colorful boot. The Jester kicked the sword away. "Mercy! Please!" The man cried. The Jester picked the man up to his feet, and kicked him in the back, sending him scurrying away. "Pitiful." He said, mimicking the imperial man from moments ago.​
__________/2\__________
He sat at the log again, pretending he did nothing as Cicero barged out of the door. "The dragon-born. He is a liar! There is no listener! He defiled the sanctity of the night mother! Ready the carriage, I'm going to kill them." He said. "I am heading to the sanctuary in Dawn-Star. The sanctuary is north of the town, around the small mountain. Once I ride off with the carriage, finish the rest of that damned family!" He said, running back into the sanctuary. The Jester readied the cart, taking an apple out of one of the saddle-bags and feeding the horse. He sat above the rocky overhang above the door, looking to the dead imperial bodies in the forest and placing himself in a position where he couldn't be seen. Cicero skipped out of the cave and jumped into the carriage, snapping the reins immediately. A hairy nord with no shoes and a man with an iron-horned helmet and leather armor came running out of the sanctuary, pursuing the clown. The Jester hopped down, entering through the open door of the sanctuary unseen, dropping the apple-core in the grass.​
__________/3\__________
Through the door, there was a flight of stairs leading down to a main room. There were four people crowding around a slender argonian who seemed to be wounded, probably by Cicero. There was a nord woman, a redguard man, a dark elf, and an old man. They all stared at The Jester. The old man finally spoke up. "One of Cicero's friends, I presume." He said, charging a lightning-bolt at the sight of him. The argonian scrambled away, clutching his injury as everyone else showed their weapons. There was a special weapon that caught the jester's eye. It was the dagger the nord woman carried. It seemed to be crafted perfectly, and it had a red glow. They all charged at The Jester. He winked, turning invisible, bringing his knife up through the dark-elf's face, then jabbing it into the old man's chest. Lightning shot from his hands as he fell, knocking The Jester back a few feet. He turned invisible again as a scimitar was swung down by his face, but he was able to avoid it with his acrobatic expertise. He knocked the curved blade back into the redguard's chest, kicking it hard into the flesh and killing him. The nord woman chopped with her dagger, going deep into The Jester's left arm. It seemed to draw a red vapor from the blood and soaked into her. The drain-life enchantment was strong, and it made him weak. He jabbed at the woman, but it was only a trick to make her back up as he finished the argonian with a downward swipe. She charged, making a small cut above his heart. Again, he was weaker. She swung down with great strength, missing by a few inches as he managed to move out of the way. He brought a fist into the nord woman's chin, staggering her. She backed up a few feet, feeling as if she had the upper-hand. "My turn." He said, sending a long needle burrowing into her skull.​
__________/4\__________
The Jester sheathed his ebony dagger as he picked up the girl's weapon. It glowed in his hand. He piled the bodies of the brotherhood into a small clump in the center of the room. He left a jester card balanced on the nose of the woman, who he presumed to be the leader. He approached the argonian, putting a foot on his wound. The overgrown lizard weakly pointed a sword at the clown's leg, but it was moved away gently with the red-gleaming blade. "The Dark Brotherhood, most feared in all of Nirn, any more? This is to scorn!" He mocked, and stepped firmly on the wound his companion had made. He groaned loudly, and The Jester felt sorry for him. Again, the thought of mercy prevailed over the clown. "You will die of your wounds. Get comfortable." he sneered. He put his new weapon in his belt as he walked out of the speaking door. The pool of black ooze gurgled and out came a black horse with red eyes. He let out an amazed laugh as he found that the horse let him on. He rode to Dawn-Star, searching for the other sanctuary.​

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts