• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Comenius

Viking
I want to know who you think would be the best Jarl to rule for each of the holds e.g., Ulfric VS Brunwulf in Windhelm, Balgruuf VS Vignar in Whiterun and so on. Please share your reasons behind your choices! :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Brunwulf over Ulfric. He seems like an honorable man who is willing to listen, he also understands other Nords are stubborn and change takes time. But he's not afraid of trying to improve racial and construction issues within his city.

I'm not overly a huge fan of Ulfric. Besides even one of the most devout Stormcloak supporters has something interesting to say about him.

"With the Stormcloaks at his back, Ulfric's poised to rid Skyrim of the Empire's forces and invalidate our involvement with the White-Gold Concordat. Between you and I, I think his motivations are a bit more self-serving. He uses this holy war as leverage in order to pursue the throne. If he were to be crowned High King, I'm not so certain it would be the golden age his followers expect." - Laila Law-Giver

The other races just seem happier with Brunwulf in charge, and that is important. While Skyrim is traditionally Nord land, they're in the Fourth Era and many of the other races have lived in Skyrim all their lives, for many generations. Time to accept other races.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Gotta agree with the above post, despite having respect for Ulfric myself I can't say I'd rather have him leading Windhelm than Brunwulf. Brunwulf is almost like the bridge between the two dominant races in Windhelm so to speak and is the best shot of a reconciliation between the two. To make a long story short for the other holds, most of the Imperial Jarls seem to be more level headed and more concerned with their people than their Stormcloak counterparts. The obvious exception to this rule is Maven who loves coin, not Riften. Unfortunately Jarl Laila of Riften isn't exactly what I'd call better, being blindly naive to Maven and the Thieves Guild and more than willing to leave Riften to burn should the city come under fire as you can hear during a conversation with her steward.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
The only thing I hate about doing the civil war questline is losing my buddy Balgruuf is Whiterun, He is my favorite Jarl in the game. As for Windhelm. While I love Ulfric and usually support his cause, Brunwulf is one hell of a person and makes a good Jarl. As for Ol' Riften, I would love to see someone Like Mjoll, or maybe even Vulwulf to replace Laila when you side with the Empire, because I hate to see Riften fall completely in to Maven's hands (though it basically already is).

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The only thing I hate about doing the civil war questline is losing my buddy Balgruuf is Whiterun, He is my favorite Jarl in the game. As for Windhelm. While I love Ulfric and usually support his cause, Brunwulf is one hell of a person and makes a good Jarl. As for Ol' Riften, I would love to see someone Like Mjoll, or maybe even Vulwulf to replace Laila when you side with the Empire, because I hate to see Riften fall completely in to Maven's hands (though it basically already is).
And that's why I almost always go Empire. I like Balgruuf. Of course then I can also keep Siddgeir and my girl Maven gets to be Jarl as well and I can get rid of that infernal Ulfrich.

While Siddgeir may not be the greatest Jarl, even Maven haters have to admit that she's better than Little Miss Wimpy Corrupt for Riften.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts