OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Rextoret PM'd me and gave me the go ahead, so just for you, Farthlion, I wrote a poem.

Oh! Brave Farmer
    Off to join the Legion
    Yet strangely lacking in Armor

The myriad battles you have fought
    The countless deaths you have died
    The glory you have sought
    Only to be mauled without a thought

Truly, you belong in Sovngarde
    The Hero of Persistence
    I salute you!

As for the pictures, well,

:-) <-- I'm afraid that's about as good as it gets

Anyways, here comes the important bit, i.e. my character.

Name: Pilus the Timid
    Race: Imperial
    Class: Healer
    Height/Weight: 5'9/145 lbs.

Appearance
    Pilus has unruly, shoulder length light brown hair, pale skin and brown eyes, although no dangerous looking scars to speak of. However, he did lose the tip of his right ear to a rat one of his brothers had placed in his bed at a young age. He has a patchy beard that, despite his best efforts to the contrary, doesn't amount to much more than a few wisps of hair on his chin and jaw. He wears a rather grubby orange robe that befits his status as a magic user (think adept mage robes from Skyrim, but dirtier).

Skills
    Although technically a mage, Pilus never really got the hang of most of the schools of magic besides restoration. He learned to supplement his magic with the study of alchemy and anatomy, and is a talented healer and surgeon. He also has some rudimentary knowledge of enchanting, although he could never bring himself to kill animals for their souls. Beyond that, Pilus is quite knowledgeable about astronomy and geology. He collects rocks, and cooks a mean vegetable stew. He makes a living acting as a sort of medicine man and emergency healer to those desperately in need of his services.
    Weapon of Choice: Mortar and pestle, aggressive healing, and, if all else fails, running really fast in the opposite direction.
    Personality
    A coward to his bones, Pilus never fights if he can avoid it, which he usually can. He thinks of himself as loyal to his friends, provided he can find some friends to be loyal to, and tries his hardest to appear as a hardened, savvy man. He is not, and nobody is fooled. Pilus ultimately hopes to one day find a nice girl and settle down, although he's still working on that first part, and probably will be for a while.

Some History
    All his young life, Pilus had been the butt of his brothers' torments. No matter how hard he fought back or how fast he ran, they would always catch him and force him to the ground, laughing and kicking while he cried. So one night he snuck into Father's library and, after some furtive climbing, stole away with one of the forbidden, leather-bound tomes hidden from the children on the highest shelves. He spent the rest of the night quietly reading, hoping against all hope that he would soon be free.

The next morning he rose early, prepared for the daily onslaught of sly tricks and unspeakable deeds that only siblings would do to one another. On schedule, his brothers kicked open the door to his room, each carrying a basket.

He stood on his bed, small chest puffed out. "I'm warning you," he said, as menacingly as he could. "I will hurt you if you come any closer. Don't think I won't."

Gabriel, the eldest, laughed. "And do what, little girl? Cry at me?"

Oritus and Samuel obligingly snickered. Neither was particularly fond of Gabriel, but it was far preferable to be behind him rather than in front. Despite only being fourteen, Gabriel had a strength (and temper) to rival that of many full grown men, and spent his days training with all manner of weapons, as befitted a young man of his stature.

"Wait, isn't that one of father's books on his bed?" Oritus intoned cautiously. "One of the magic ones?"

"So what if it is? I doubt the little runt can even read."

"Can too!" Pilus screamed. "Come on, try me!"

Gabriel regarded him thoughtfully. After a few seconds of silence, he slowly put down his basket.

"Alright," he said, and ran at the bed.

Pilus took a deep breath and let the power flow through him. He tried to recall everything he'd read as best he could. It was difficult, considering he wasn't entirely sure what most of the words meant, but he felt he had the general idea.

Gabriel's eyes widened as he saw the golden light shoot out of Pilus' hands, but his shock quickly faded to mirth as he realized his younger brother's mistake.

"You idiot, that's healing magic!"

The kicks had been especially hard that day.

Nevertheless, he had shown magical talent, and his father gratefully sent his youngest son from the Imperial City to study with the boy's estranged witch of a grandmother. Pilus spent the rest of his childhood in her hut, peacefully studying anatomy, astronomy, healing and alchemy until she had gently pushed him out into the world so that he might make something of his life.

I hope that wasn't too long...
    Anyways, thanks for the opportunity to get my RP on. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Ah, yes. I'd also like to know a good place to jump in the story, so as not to interrupt too much.

Ponder

Thanks!

I figured since we're always playing epic heroes in Skyrim, it'd be interesting to flip it around and play the anti-hero.

Ponder

A+? I'll take it :D

Also, just a thought here, possibly Pilus could come running into the inn, while running away from someone, and get into an awkward situation involving one of your fine fellows?

Rextoret

top kek
    Well considering that Pilus is no doubt in Cryodii, that isn't a problem. It would not be outrageous to believe he went to Cheydinhal for, say, a tome of some sort at Mach-Na's books. (Or whatever it may be called now.) Perhaps after purchasing the tome, he went to the inn for the night. I could write into my first post that Garrus saw someone who looked like a mage in orange robes, then Ponder could write Pilus waking up.

Ponder

That would work!

It might make things slightly easier, for the continuity of the story, if he shows up in the morning, so as not to awkwardly just kind of be there at the night then become relevant the next day? Anything works though

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts