OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    Rextoret: Hey my man
    [‎8‎:‎52‎:‎34‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Heyo!
    [‎8‎:‎52‎:‎39‎ ‎PM] Ponder: We are become connected!
    [‎8‎:‎52‎:‎42‎ ‎PM] Ponder: How strange
    [‎8‎:‎52‎:‎53‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Can this thing do group chat?
    [‎8‎:‎54‎:‎51‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: I don't think so
    [‎8‎:‎55‎:‎20‎ ‎PM] Ponder: How disappointing. Gabe Newell, letting us down yet again
    [‎8‎:‎55‎:‎24‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Ah well
    [‎8‎:‎55‎:‎50‎ ‎PM] Ponder: I wanted to touch base with you on my character, to make sure I'm not breaking anything
    [‎8‎:‎56‎:‎20‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Yup go ahead
    [‎8‎:‎56‎:‎32‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Plus we should all use Skype for group chats
    [‎8‎:‎56‎:‎39‎ ‎PM] Ponder: This would be smart
    [‎8‎:‎56‎:‎50‎ ‎PM] Ponder: If only I remembered my Skype info :p
    [‎8‎:‎56‎:‎55‎ ‎PM] Ponder: I'll get it back eventually
    [‎8‎:‎57‎:‎02‎ ‎PM] Ponder: At any rate, my character
    [‎8‎:‎57‎:‎27‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: hit me
    [‎8‎:‎59‎:‎52‎ ‎PM] Ponder: I was thinking he'd be a peasant from an adjacent feif/province (maybe the feif to the west). He's not a mage, but he has a rare magical disease that shows up exclusively in the peasents of that province (maybe one case every two or three years). The disease slowly turns his body into a stone-like substance, and transforms his limbic system and organs into either silicates or plants (think: his blood slowly becomes a tree-sap like substance)
    [‎9‎:‎00‎:‎24‎ ‎PM] Ponder: He'll be rendered immobile and, effectively, dead by the age of thirty or thirty-five
    [‎9‎:‎00‎:‎52‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Hmm interesting
    [‎9‎:‎01‎:‎03‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Doesn't break anything
    [‎9‎:‎01‎:‎18‎ ‎PM] Ponder: I was basically looking for a way to explore how a character deals with the loss of his physical humanity
    [‎9‎:‎01‎:‎28‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: I'm planning for a lot of gods, diverse types of magic and stuff like that
    [‎9‎:‎01‎:‎33‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Oooh
    [‎9‎:‎01‎:‎38‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: I actually have a race planned somewhat similar lol
    [‎9‎:‎01‎:‎46‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: different but explores the same issue
    [‎9‎:‎01‎:‎58‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: It'd be nice to have two
    [‎9‎:‎02‎:‎02‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Heyo! How do they work?
    [‎9‎:‎04‎:‎14‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Essentially people cursed by the gods for being unloving/uncaring, so their physical form is stolen away and they become immortal. The idea is they are therefore cursed to eventually love but never be able to touch the person they love or show them their face because they don't have a body (Lovecraftian idea of embodiment of sound(?)) they cover up with a ton of cloth and wrapping to hide this fact
    [‎9‎:‎05‎:‎52‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Think Tuck Everlasting tragedy
    [‎9‎:‎05‎:‎56‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: if you ever read that
    [‎9‎:‎08‎:‎15‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: But I think yours is a great idea
    [‎9‎:‎08‎:‎40‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Perfect way to talk about a psychological type of issue like that
    [‎9‎:‎08‎:‎54‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Oh! Dang! That actually sounds super interesting! On my end, I was thinking this disease would be the result of a curse the mages of the feif placed on the peasents long ago. It effectively turns them into human-sized golems that eventually can't move. But what's actually going on is that their bodies are being replaced by silicates and natural processors, and their brains are slowly turning into a mass of magical... stuff. As they become immobile, they also become massively more intellegent (and massively more demented), but they link up with other immobile sufferes of the disease. They're no longer able to speak, but the priests can access their brains and use them as a sort of computer processor
    [‎9‎:‎09‎:‎05‎ ‎PM] Ponder: So what's happening is he's essentially being turned into a cyborg
    [‎9‎:‎09‎:‎12‎ ‎PM] Ponder: But a magical, fantasy cyborg
    [‎9‎:‎09‎:‎44‎ ‎PM] Ponder: And, coincidentally, I was thinking of having him wrap up like a leper to cover the moss growing from his face, type of thing
    [‎9‎:‎10‎:‎06‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: So they never actually die? Become trees?
    [‎9‎:‎10‎:‎32‎ ‎PM] Ponder: More like human-shaped rock formations with moss and lichen growing on them
    [‎9‎:‎10‎:‎33‎ ‎PM] Ponder: But yeah
    [‎9‎:‎10‎:‎42‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Ahh yes okay
    [‎9‎:‎10‎:‎48‎ ‎PM] Ponder: But they also become entirely alien
    [‎9‎:‎10‎:‎49‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: That's a pretty dope idea
    [‎9‎:‎11‎:‎15‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: I think you should go for it if it's what you want to do
    [‎9‎:‎11‎:‎15‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Alien in their thinking, that is. And I'm glad you like it. So it's kosher?
    [‎9‎:‎11‎:‎50‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: If by kosher you mean cool then yes it's cool lol
    [‎9‎:‎12‎:‎00‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Cool. Good to know. Do you have anything you want me to do for the adjacent feif
    [‎9‎:‎12‎:‎08‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Any rules? Anything you want to implement?
    [‎9‎:‎12‎:‎24‎ ‎PM] Ponder: I'm just loosely defining it to give my character just a little bit of background
    [‎9‎:‎12‎:‎27‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Nothing too complex
    [‎9‎:‎12‎:‎46‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Nope, I've just been focusing on the fief in question for the RP. Any kind of culture you want to, you can go for - go wild
    [‎9‎:‎13‎:‎14‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Only rules are it's a fief of an overarching kingdom
    [‎9‎:‎13‎:‎59‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Sounds good! I won't be doing to much with it. Just a town, religion, basic premise of social structure. That stuff. Also, since you went Scottish, I'm gonna go Welsh
    [‎9‎:‎14‎:‎07‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Woo!
    [‎9‎:‎14‎:‎11‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Nice!
    [‎9‎:‎14‎:‎24‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Or, as the Welsh say, Wytthygh!
    [‎9‎:‎14‎:‎33‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Aight lol
    [‎9‎:‎14‎:‎48‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Cool. Thanks Rex! I should have my CC up by tomorrow afternoon
    [‎9‎:‎15‎:‎04‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Great!

EDIT:

Ponder: Also, one more question. Besides suffering from this disease, I'm torn on what my character should be. I was thinking either a sort of medicine-man/doctor (for the irony of slowly dying from a disease, and the struggle of being unable to treat himself) or maybe the disease gives him natural resistance to magic, and the kingdom employs him as a magehunter/witchhunter
    [‎9‎:‎16‎:‎20‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Hmm
    [‎9‎:‎16‎:‎48‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: The latter sounds cool to me, but the first option is also nice since it's ironic
    [‎9‎:‎17‎:‎17‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: IMO I'd go with the magehunter
    [‎9‎:‎17‎:‎22‎ ‎PM] Ponder: And what is life without irony, right? But I also kind of like the idea of this order of magehunters who are all wrapped up in bandages and slowly dying from a magical disease
    [‎9‎:‎17‎:‎33‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Sounds pretty badass lol
    [‎9‎:‎17‎:‎40‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Cool
    [‎9‎:‎17‎:‎41‎ ‎PM] Ponder: Thanks!
    [‎9‎:‎17‎:‎46‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Np

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Ponder: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052839896/

Of course at it again with the Rise of Legends callbacks, haha. All three of our kingdom RPs died out too early and I never got to fully explore all the desert mysticism stuff I wanted to, so here's a second (actually like fourth) chance at it.

Also, should we like get a skype chat together? That honestly doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

Delusional

Rex... looks like we already had each other on Skype?

Rextoret

top kek
    Rex... looks like we already had each other on Skype?

It's probably one of my old accounts, just add my new skype at ohplopsthatusernamedoe.

Okay, so I wanted to start getting the foundations of the RP itself set up.

Who for sure wants to be a part of this? Just want a definite number of people who are going to be in it, so I know if we have too few and if I need to recruit more.

Delusional

So I obviously didn't get my CC finished last night lol, big surprise. I'm continuing work on it and plan to have it posted very soon tonight.

Rextoret

top kek
    Version 2 boys
    27179438945_b5a79546e4_b.jpg

Descriptions of settlements, top to bottom on map.

• Srah - Massive ruin nestled in the mountains. Belonged to a long forgotten civilization, wiped out by an unknown force. Scholars today still debate on what killed all the inhabitants. A few common theories include disease, the gods, or the legendary dragon to the east.
    • Akrar - Another, smaller ruin of the same civilization as Srah. This one has been picked clean by scavengers due to it's relative ease to reach compared to Srah.
    • Stornaway - A small village, most of the trade coming through here is the illegal plundering of the nearby ruins. Originally its main export was fishing products from the nearby lake.
    • Nodsta - A huge monastery, occupied by the Monks of the Balance. They believe in walking a moral middle path between good and evil.
    • Thurso - A large city well known for its craftsmen. All kinds of things are exported from here,but mostly lumber and the city's famous cuisine. There is also a hidden underbelly of the city, trading artifacts bought from the village of Stornaway.
    • Kilmahog - Small village dedicated to farming, sends its products downriver to the capital.
    • Bathgate - The town serves mostly as a crossroads between Argylle and the neighboring fiefs.
    • Kilbride - A military city, known for producing many sailors of great renown. Like Bathgate, serves as a crossroads to neighboring fiefs.
    • Tarbert - A village dedicated to the lumber trade.
    • Scourie - A port city, home to a large tourist industry. Many people arrive here to go visit the monks of Nodsta. Also has a large fishing industry.
    • Aviemore - A small village dedicated to fishing.
    • Coll - Another small village dedicated to fishing.
    • Mull - x3
    • Whithorn - The capital of Argylle. Massive city filled with nobles and more political intrigue than most countries. The Lower Tier of the city is filled with tradesmen, common workers, beggars, and other undesirables. The Upper Tier is home to the nobles, royalty, and the Lord Selkirk himself. Many people in the Upper Tier own slaves, often from Tirga. They are the only ones in the fief allowed to own slaves, as put forward by the laws they themselves created.
    • Callander - A small, isolated village. The inhabitants here are mostly self-sufficient and rarely trade with other settlements.
    • Arran - A port city that handles all of the trade coming from the west of Argylle.
    • Turrif - A mysterious small village on a island, hard to get to due to storms surrounding it.
    • Dornach - The largest port city in Argylle. Home to a ship-making trade. Most ships used in Argylle, whether for fishing, war, or any other purpose, are made here.
    • Kintore - Home to mages who terraform the surrounding land to increase it's fertility. The produce made here is sought after worldwide and is used in the meals of kings and emperors.
    • Balinluig - A crossroad town in the center of Argylle. Connects the capital to the delta, and the east of the peninsula to the west.
    • Braemar - Famous, or infamous to some, for producing some of the world's finest mages.The tower is filled with libraries, classrooms, laboratories, and thousands of students and teachers. Access is prohibited to those without magic capabilities.
    • Altnahara - The mages living here manipulate the land to produce trees of all types. The lumber they create is used in the finest buildings and products in the world.
    • Dunblane - Positioned above the delta, this city is home to one of the most naturally fertile farming trades in the world.
    • Iona - A town slowly dying as most of its prosperity has been stolen by Dunblane.
    • Berwick - The mages here influence the river tides to create one of the most reliably successful fishing industries ever.
    • Chaill Morachd - In ancient times, this was the most prosperous city in the world. The island it is located on was said to be blessed by the gods. The city towered into the sky and had a massive labyrinth of tunnels stretching far beneath it. But the inhabitants angered the gods, and the island was reduced to a deadly desert. The rivers dried up and are now filled with soot rather than once clear water. The city was abandoned, and now its endless halls might contain the forgotten sins they committed.
    • Fifri - A village on the Chaill island, survives however it can on the dead land.
    • Tirga - The largest of the desert camps, filled with skilled fighters and the main export of slaves in Argylle. Those living here are the descendents of the cursed inhabitants of Chaill Morachd.
    • Air Ais Morachd - While most inhabitants of Chaill Morachd went on to found Tirga, some dedicated themselves to the god they angered and traveled southwest. The city they created and the island it is on were blessed and while only a mere shadow of the splendor of ancient Chaill Morachd, it is still considered the most beautiful location in Argylle.

Fantasy RP in this fief, in the most barebones of explanations.

EDIT:

Descriptions of settlements, top to bottom on map.

• Srah - Massive ruin nestled in the mountains. Belonged to a long forgotten civilization, wiped out by an unknown force. Scholars today still debate on what killed all the inhabitants. A few common theories include disease, the gods, or the legendary dragon to the east.
    • Akrar - Another, smaller ruin of the same civilization as Srah. This one has been picked clean by scavengers due to it's relative ease to reach compared to Srah.
    • Stornaway - A small village, most of the trade coming through here is the illegal plundering of the nearby ruins. Originally its main export was fishing products from the nearby lake.
    • Nodsta - A huge monastery, occupied by the Monks of the Balance. They believe in walking a moral middle path between good and evil.
    • Thurso - A large city well known for its craftsmen. All kinds of things are exported from here,but mostly lumber and the city's famous cuisine. There is also a hidden underbelly of the city, trading artifacts bought from the village of Stornaway.
    • Kilmahog - Small village dedicated to farming, sends its products downriver to the capital.
    • Bathgate - The town serves mostly as a crossroads between Argylle and the neighboring fiefs.
    • Kilbride - A military city, known for producing many sailors of great renown. Like Bathgate, serves as a crossroads to neighboring fiefs.
    • Tarbert - A village dedicated to the lumber trade.
    • Scourie - A port city, home to a large tourist industry. Many people arrive here to go visit the monks of Nodsta. Also has a large fishing industry.
    • Aviemore - A small village dedicated to fishing.
    • Coll - Another small village dedicated to fishing.
    • Mull - x3
    • Whithorn - The capital of Argylle. Massive city filled with nobles and more political intrigue than most countries. The Lower Tier of the city is filled with tradesmen, common workers, beggars, and other undesirables. The Upper Tier is home to the nobles, royalty, and the Lord Selkirk himself. Many people in the Upper Tier own slaves, often from Tirga. They are the only ones in the fief allowed to own slaves, as put forward by the laws they themselves created.
    • Callander - A small, isolated village. The inhabitants here are mostly self-sufficient and rarely trade with other settlements.
    • Arran - A port city that handles all of the trade coming from the west of Argylle.
    • Turrif - A mysterious small village on a island, hard to get to due to storms surrounding it.
    • Dornach - The largest port city in Argylle. Home to a ship-making trade. Most ships used in Argylle, whether for fishing, war, or any other purpose, are made here.
    • Kintore - Home to mages who terraform the surrounding land to increase it's fertility. The produce made here is sought after worldwide and is used in the meals of kings and emperors.
    • Balinluig - A crossroad town in the center of Argylle. Connects the capital to the delta, and the east of the peninsula to the west.
    • Braemar - Famous, or infamous to some, for producing some of the world's finest mages.The tower is filled with libraries, classrooms, laboratories, and thousands of students and teachers. Access is prohibited to those without magic capabilities.
    • Altnahara - The mages living here manipulate the land to produce trees of all types. The lumber they create is used in the finest buildings and products in the world.
    • Dunblane - Positioned above the delta, this city is home to one of the most naturally fertile farming trades in the world.
    • Iona - A town slowly dying as most of its prosperity has been stolen by Dunblane.
    • Berwick - The mages here influence the river tides to create one of the most reliably successful fishing industries ever.
    • Chaill Morachd - In ancient times, this was the most prosperous city in the world. The island it is located on was said to be blessed by the gods. The city towered into the sky and had a massive labyrinth of tunnels stretching far beneath it. But the inhabitants angered the gods, and the island was reduced to a deadly desert. The rivers dried up and are now filled with soot rather than once clear water. The city was abandoned, and now its endless halls might contain the forgotten sins they committed.
    • Fifri - A village on the Chaill island, survives however it can on the dead land.
    • Tirga - The largest of the desert camps, filled with skilled fighters and the main export of slaves in Argylle. Those living here are the descendents of the cursed inhabitants of Chaill Morachd.
    • Air Ais Morachd - While most inhabitants of Chaill Morachd went on to found Tirga, some dedicated themselves to the god they angered and traveled southwest. The city they created and the island it is on were blessed and while only a mere shadow of the splendor of ancient Chaill Morachd, it is still considered the most beautiful location in Argylle.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts