OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    Huh. I guess time flies when you're having fun. Yeah, starting this RP up would serve as a fine anniversary marker. To start, we'll need a name and also decide who'll post the thread.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I could start it, I guess. No ideas on names though.

Also, my little overview of the types of magic is done. So, I'll try to explain my vision for the magic types in a bit of detail though they're like suggestions, broad strokes to go off of.

Discipline of Vythis, or, simply Vytha - the color of anger is red, and Vythean magic often is manifested as fire. Both the orderly and chaotic paths of Vytha are largely combat-oriented; orderly possibilities include creating fiery defenses, clouding a foe's mind with anger, imbuing one's weapon with flame, and buffing one's defense or offense. Chaotic possibilities include manipulating raw fire offensively, driving an enemy to go berzerk with rage, directly sapping an enemy's life force, causing objects to become superheated, and summoning manifestations of anger. A quirk of Vytha is that interacting with it for a sustained time leads to the breakdown of one's very essence - this means that even the illusory effects of Vytha can wound or kill, but the mastery of the Discipline is also a risk (chaotic path especially).

Discipline of Julerne, or simply Julea - the color of joy is yellow, and Julean magic is usually manifested as sunlight. Julean magic of both types is generally constructive, though the orderly path usually acts in a predictable way, while chaos is much more unruly - and due to its nature, less well known and practiced. Orderly possibilities include healing oneself or others, restoring objects, buffing one's health or stamina, calming enemies, and it is even said that a master of Julea can control time. Chaotic possibilities include turning one's enemies into allies, casting painfully hot and distractingly bright sunlight, and numbing oneself to pain. A quirk is that use of or subjection to Julea over time will lead to breakdown in the brain's proper function and thought.

Discipline of Selone, or simply Selona - the color of love is green, and Selonan magic is usually manifested as simple warm green light. Selonan magic is similar in some ways to Julean magic, but its chaotic side sets it apart. Some orderly possibilities of Selonan magic are healing oneself and others (more in-depth than Julean), charming/thralling others, buffing the strengths of others, and detecting life. Some chaotic possibilities are giving one's own life force or that of one's enemy to one's allies, and stealing all love from an enemy's mind and causing them to go mad with despair. A quirk of Selonan magic is that in ancient times, Selone made a pact with Selonan mages, exchanging greater power for control of their fates; anyone who uses Selonan magic regularly is fated to die for someone they love.

Discipline of Nulet, or simply Nulea - the color of sadness is blue, and Nulean magic often manifests as water. It deals more directly with life force than the other disciplines, and chaotic mages can often be more powerful, but they hold a great deal more sadness than orderly mages. Some orderly possibilities are clouding an enemy's mind with sadness, draining an enemy's life force, and draining the life from an entire area. Some chaotic possibilities are directly flooding an enemy with one's own great sadness and controlling them, causing an enemy to age incredibly fast, and literally drowning them from the inside. An obvious quirk is that Nulean mages kill themselves when they achieve mastery of Nulea.

Discipline of Ent, or simply Ena - the color of fear is orange, and Ena manifests as an orange miasma. Ent has the capability, in addition to spreading fear, to act directly on the circumstances that produce fear. Ena is unique because it is somewhere between orderly and chaotic; some possibilities are blessing oneself with luck, causing others to flee, and interfering with time in short bursts. A quirk is that because of a restriction Ent put on his magic in the beginning, every Ena mage is fated to one day have their meddling in luck and time backfire.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Wait, so you guys started this thread on Valentine's Day?

Well plops.

Delusional

Yeah, magic sounds great. It's a lot of give-and-take with our system, which I really like. Magic shouldn't just be this universal, non-consequential part of every person, and you should have to make sacrifices in order to use it.

Delusional

Also--perhaps we should consolidate everything we have regarding this world, summarize it and put it all together in one location before we start the RP thread? All of our concepts for the world are strewn haphazardly throughout the past 20 or so pages of this thread, and I think we need one location for all of it.

Delusional

That's an idea.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Wow, it's hard to believe this RP's only been going for a year. I had assumed by the amount of posts that this was something that had been going on for longer. Anyways, congrats guys, and here's to hoping for another year of roleplaying.

So, concerning the month/day thing, I really don't think it matters too much after thinking it over. I hardly imagine we'll be using the calender we create at all aside from our character cards. Still, if you guys like the system that was made, I'm not against having it at all.

Rex, I don't think we really need a map. Judging by how Valora operates on a strict isolationist policy with the Outlands, I hardly imagine there'd be any cartography charting what's outside the wall. For now, I think a map is unnecessary. As the roleplay progresses and our characters explore the Outlands, encountering landmarks and locations, then I think would be an appropriate time to make a map.

Right now, I say we come up with names for both the entire RP world, and the roleplay's title, detail our basic lore points in a single post, finish our characters, then start either tonight or tomorrow.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Yeah, a consolidation is in order. Since you put forth that dragon idea, MSD, would you be up to it?

Also, who wants what color? I'd like this.

Rextoret

top kek
    Alright. Well, I'll take it on myself to make that map while we RP. For now, it'll just be a dot and the name of the city.

I'll take this color.

And I'll work on my CC, and see about coming up with some names. I think something symbolic would be best.

Rextoret

top kek
    Yep, then we can easily view it. At least, that was my suggestion. Then we won't have to remember what page it was on.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    First, let's come up with a name for the entire world, and also the RP's title.

For the world, I vote something simple and easy to remember. How would you guys feel about simply calling it Sol? It's both a reference to Dark Souls, with it being a homophone with the word Soul. But it'd also be a reference to Mass Effect, where our solar system is called the Sol System.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I hadn't thought about that, but I guess the people could view the sun as being some manifestation of their god or whatever.

I'll start on that blog post.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts