1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by Rextoret, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Rextoret

Rextoret top kek

Garrus comes out into the main room when everyone else is asleep. After reading Garrus' journal, he can't sleep and he wanted to look at the moons. (Masser and Secunda.) You will understand more when I post.

2. Farthlion

Farthlion I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.

Farth is not an alcoholic. He's a bard with a lack of sleeping aids.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Rextoret

Rextoret top kek

A just got a PM from a brand-new member, Ponder. He asked to join this RP, and his grammar looks great. He appears to be rather interested in joining this RP. I told him I would talk to you guys, seeing as the situation in the RP might not warrant a new member. What are your guys' thoughts?

4. Farthlion

I'd love to have 'em join. Would be interested in how another character would do in the mix. :cool:

edit - They DO know they need to go through an intense initiation process, right? You must draw each of us a picture, write a wonderful poem to describe your favorite Skyrim character (must be 10+ lines), be mailed the official jacket, and be able to beat my bard in a drinking contest. Do you think you can last, Ponder??

Just kidding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aerin

Aerin IOK's Token Brit

I suggest a hazing process...that involves fire. Everything is better with fire.

Also, just a heads up, I'm visiting my parents for a week and they have severely limited broadband so I may not be able to post regularly, but believe me I'll try my best.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rextoret

Rextoret top kek

Ok, Aerin. I hope you can still post when you get there.

7. Farthlion

Hope the trip goes well - stay safe. Limited broadband is a scary place.

8. Rextoret

Rextoret top kek

I am allowing two new members to join our RP. I know this might break a little of the 'feelings' that the RP would have had overall, but both these applicants seem to have a aptitude for RPing. I am now inviting them to join us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Farthlion

I can't wait. Honestly, adding more people to the mix makes a RP much more interesting. I love the different personalities, friendships, and mistrust new people bring.

How should they be "invited" or incorporated into the group? I feel like if they meet us at the inn before we leave then they would benefit the most.

10. Mesmerize

Mesmerize Your favorite cajun

About
    Name: Jadoric Delnares
    Race: Breton
    Class: Vampire Necromancer

Cosmetics
    Eye Color: Orange
    Hair Style: Long hair, reaching down to his shoulders
    Facial Hair: Clean-shaved
    Hair Color: Bright yellow
    Scars: A scar marks his left cheek, which was a result of a failed experiment
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 165
    Skin Tone: Pale
    Personality: Jadoric is a fierce man. He is not easy to get along with. However, if you are lucky enough to be a friend of his, he will protect you from all threats. He has vowed to never experiment, or feed, on friends.

Equipment
    Ranged Combat: Jadoric uses his Vampiric Drain spell for ranged combat
    Melee Combat: Jadoric will summon a bound sword for melee combat
    Apparel: Jadoric wears a black robe of which he enchanted to allows his magicka to regenerate faster. He also wears a silver-sapphire circlet enchanted to enhance magicka regen, and a bone hawk amulet enchanted to fortify conjuration
    Miscellaneous: Jadoric is accompanied by his pet Death Hound named Vapor

Skills
    Master Skills:
    Conjuration
    Illusion
    Expert Skills:
    One Handed
    Alteration
    Restoration
    Adept Skills:
    Sneak
    Destruction

History
    Jadoric was born in the outskirts of Wayrest to a father who was a master necromancer, who had turned Jadoric's mother into an undead nightmare. This man was the exact example of what a father should not be. For instance, when Jadoric would get into trouble, his father would lock him inside a small room, where the corpses awaiting future experimentation rested. His father even contracted Jadoric with the dreadful Sanguinare Vampiris disease, turning the nineteen-year-old into a creature of the night. Jadoric's father then trained him in the art of necromancy and illusion magic, hoping the young Jadoric would follow in his footsteps.

Several years later, when Jadoric was ready to begin experimenting on his own, he murdered his father by slicing his throat while he slept. Jadoric had found his first test subject. Successfully raising his father from the dead, he continued murdering people, finding people to experiment on. Often times, Jadoric would steal the souls of his victim's, using them to further progress his enchanting studies. One night, just as Jadoric had killed another victim, he was discovered by a guardsman. Many people witnessed Jadoric turn the guardsman into a mindless zombie. The Breton then fled High Rock, hoping to continue with further experimentation within Skyrim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Mesmerize

I read the IC thread. But I'm not too sure where you will want me to jump into the group. I'm a necromance/vampire..so maybe I'm getting ready to suck someone's blood or something like that? It's y'alls roleplay, so y'all can decide if it suits you. I'm good with whatever

12. Gentleman Adventurer

Gentleman Adventurer A True Gentleman

It seems to me like Jadoric would make an excellent foil for Relyn. Since his travels with Sorex, Elsa, Farth and the others have mellowed him out a bit, it'll be fun to explore his reaction to someone who acts a lot like he did a few hundred years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Farthlion

Love the character, Mesmerize.

Personally I don't think we'd want to travel with you if upon our first meeting we saw you suck someone's blood. Nothing against you, just seems a bit strange for us to be inviting after that. I think (here goes my ideas again) the best way is to strike up a conversation with one of our characters and figure out some excuse to be invited/accepted.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mesmerize

So...no blood sucking? Jadoric no happy. But yeah ok. Just a word of advice, he won't be cooperative at all at first. And he does get hungry...so his blood thirst will need to be satisfied...but I guess you see me sitting in the Inn? I'm stalking out easy victims or something?

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Farthlion

Farth is pretty friendly, he'll strike up an innocent conversation if you want one. When I say innocent I mean it'll be about poetry or something and he will refer to you as a friend.

16. Mesmerize

Ooooh that was my 100th post..and yeah if Farth isn't afraid of being cussed and spit at when Jadoric first meets him. But if you prove the adventure will be beneficial to Jadoric's studies and dark experiments, he might just warm up to you

17. Farthlion

Because he had a great amount of mead last night (and can't think straight with a hangover), he'll accidentally spill where they are headed. And perhaps for some reason Jadoric will want to join them? That's the only realistic situation I can think of. Then it's up to Garrus to accept you. Which is the fun part.

18. Rextoret

Rextoret top kek

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mesmerize

Woohoo! Ok how about this...you mention a small little thing about your adventure. And Jadoric uses his Illusion magic to calm you and make you tell him the details. Then he decides how it will be beneficial in some way that I'll have to think of

20. Farthlion

What do yooooou think? Help me, I'm lost.

Farth doesn't know the details. He only knows where they will be headed. We're mysterious and plops.

• Like Like x 1