• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Docta Corvina

I have to agree, Kili really just strikes me as a short human rather than a Dwarf in any way. The more I think about it, the clearer it becomes that he was designed to be "cute" because he was the one that was going to get a romance. Probably sounds cynical, but hey...

I also agree on preferring the live action instead of overboard CG route that they took. I find that distracting as well. There's a certain cinematic realism that comes from applying a lot more costume makeup on the actors, and scenes with Azog and Bolg definitely demonstrate that. I found the fight scenes with Legolas and Tauriel actually sorta goofy for that reason as well, the excessive CG. The last time Legolas fights in Desolation, the switches to CG are painfully obvious, to an almost comical extent.

KattSand

Premium Member
Also, I also have no need for Legolas in this movie at all. I don't find him charming in this or LotR, and would just as much have wanted him to disappear as Tauriel. You know that that's the only biggest reason why Legolas was added: fangirls and their $$$. Lame.
^This, THIS! So true. Legolas and Tauriel both get too much screentime, it's such an obvious and cheap move, it's just all about making as much money as possible. And they went a little too far with the whole cgi thing, it looks ridiculous most of the time.

sticky runes

The dwarves are a lot more fun to watch in combat than the elves. The elves are just ninjas with fancy bows and knives, but the dwarves have got all kinds of different weapons, and they improvise a lot as well.

Docta Corvina

Yeah, I agree. Overall, I think the Elves robbed the Dwarves of screentime. Like Nordic Cowboy suggested elsewhere, I think they could have scaled back some of their excessive screentime and given it to others like Beorn.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
I liked it, I liked it more then the first Hobbit. Less of a G-rated movie and more LOTR-esque. I liked Legolas in the movie, especially shooting the orcs when the dwarves were in barrels. Hate on that.

Docta Corvina

I liked it, I liked it more then the first Hobbit. Less of a G-rated movie and more LOTR-esque. I liked Legolas in the movie, especially shooting the orcs when the dwarves were in barrels. Hate on that.

15fgg92.jpg

Harc

Big Hog
I think I should've read the books first, but I kiked both parts so far. First part was a little slower than I liked but it picked up, the second part although, was evenly blacked through and through

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts