• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Honestly, everything could use more strong female warriors. Preferably well dressed for battle at that!

My problem with female warriors in movies like these: the better their armor, the sluttier they look -_-
TERA_ScreenShot_20120512_214735-1.jpg

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I've heard that she won't be Thorin's love interest, but one for his nephews, presumably for them to fight over. Which, again, is less offensive. But still offensive. Sort of like a public bathroom freshly stunk-up but half-heartedly sprayed with Febreeze.
Oh I see,

Yeah that's more believable they'd try that and just as dumb.

Ugh! How could you even write that into the Hobbit?!?!

Are they going to see her on the side of the River and say "Heya Baby! Wanna Ride my Barrel? Remember it's not the Size of the Barrel, but how one floats it down stream!"

Pretty dumb, and pretty forced if they really go along with it.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
tumblr_m4myzpukna1r4qjdr.jpg

A little off topic, but this is one of my favorite female game characters you can play as. Back on topic, this new woman character is a coin toss right now. Heads = it'll turn out good. Tails = it'll turn out bad. Guess we will see soon enough.

Docta Corvina

Oh I see,

Yeah that's more believable they'd try that and just as dumb.

Ugh! How could you even write that into the Hobbit?!?!

Are they going to see her on the side of the River and say "Heya Baby! Wanna Ride my Barrel? Remember it's not the Size of the Barrel, but how one floats it down stream!"

Pretty dumb, and pretty forced if they really go along with it.

Someone said she was in a Lego/action figure pack with the nephews and someone else. I can already imagine it. Aww, how cute! The feisty nephews' antics eliciting coy half smirks from the supposed tough as nails elf lady. Oh, they're both so cute! Which one will she pick?

...Dude, hand me a bucket, ffs.

Hargood

So Wiki said about Tauriel:

Actress Evangeline Lilly, known for her portrayal of Kate Austen in the ABC drama Lost, was cast in the role.[2] Lilly, who had been a fan of Tolkien's books since she was 13,[3] expressed some trepidation at the reaction of Tolkien purists to a character that does not appear in Tolkien's written works, but stated that creating the character for the adaptation was justified: "I believe she is authentic, because Tolkien refers to The Woodland Elves, he just doesn’t talk about who they are specifically… [Peter and Fran] know that world so well. They’re not going to create a character that is not true to Tolkien’s world."[2]

Docta Corvina

Hell, I'm sure somewhere, someone has tried to reason out Jar-Jar's existence, calling him true to the world of Star Wars. Alas. :p

I remain skeptical at best. :cool:

Hargood

Someone said she was in a Lego/action figure pack with the nephews and someone else. I can already imagine it. Aww, how cute! The feisty nephews' antics eliciting coy half smirks from the supposed tough as nails elf lady. Oh, they're both so cute! Which one will she pick?

...Dude, hand me a bucket, ffs.

Speaking of Lego's, Have you seen this video?

Martin Freeman is Hilarious

Go to 4:30 "Legless Lego Legolas"

sticky runes

tumblr_m4myzpukna1r4qjdr.jpg

A little off topic, but this is one of my favorite female game characters you can play as. Back on topic, this new woman character is a coin toss right now. Heads = it'll turn out good. Tails = it'll turn out bad. Guess we will see soon enough.

The Suikoden games do tend to dress their female characters a bit more practically. Unless it's Jeane, but she's protected by her magic!

As for this elf woman, I do think people are freaking out about it prematurely.

Docta Corvina

BUMP for the first teaser trailer was released today for The Desolation of Smaug! :D Looks good!

I also found more about Elf Chick. Sorry, still skeptical. Especially with the actress' confirmation of "a love story". But, hey. I'll just pretend it's not there, as much as I can. I have better things to pay attention to anyway. Like Bofur and Thorin. :D

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
BUMP for the first teaser trailer was released today for The Desolation of Smaug! :D Looks good!

I also found more about Elf Chick. Sorry, still skeptical. Especially with the actress' confirmation of "a love story". But, hey. I'll just pretend it's not there, as much as I can. I have better things to pay attention to anyway. Like Bofur and Thorin. :D
Sweet Jesus......only thing that stands out is Beorn is missing.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!

Wow, they actually showed Smaug's face in the trailer, that's a surprise. Very glad it's a nice basic dragon look. Nothing too fancy.

Reaper87

吉光
I liked the book - But the movie was cool too.

:D

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
The movie was awesome. It was even better than I had anticipated. The whole dragon storyline has me wanting more too. Lord of the rings has been my favourite movie trilogy up to now, but I sense these movies have the potential to be even better. I haven't read the book but when I'm finished reading the game of thrones books I'll definitely get into them. Can't wait for the next movie! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts