• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What do you think?

• Total voters

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
First, it's important that you determine that the guide has not already been done by someone else on the forums. There is a handy search feature in the upper right for this.

Then you need to do the research and really know your subject inside and out because you will be fielding questions later; glitches, can it be missed, who do you talk to, where to find everything, etc.

Type it up in a browser that has spell check, or my preferred is in Word for the grammar catches too. Get any supporting pictures together and posted so you can use them, either here in a private album or someplace like photobucket (no copyrighted material).

If you use someone else's material in your research then give them credit. Do not plagiarize.

Search the site again to make sure your guide idea is still not here before you post.

If in the process of doing all this you get scooped and someone else beats you to the punch, then don't post a separate thread, be cool. Just add things missed or left out to by posting a reply to their thread. After all it's the information that is the star, not you or I. No one comes across this forum by thinking, "I must see what PurpleShew posted today". They were searching for Dragon priests or Daedric items or whatever.

I know my signature lists all my tutorials but those are there for the people who need the info, not for my rep.

Beran

Official Writing Team
Definately needed, should clear up this section and add quality guides

Shew

Thank You

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer
Wise words indeed. It can be challenging running a forum (i run a forum for something else).

Information that's posted is and always should be the star of the show, because its the info that keeps people coming back. Good guides and tutorials are a staple to any decent forum and its nice to see that this is one of the better ones especially in terms of the information, the willingness of the people wanting to help, and the quality of information offered.

This in turn attracts a higher quality member base that doesn't feel the need to spam or troll or flame, which makes for a good forum.

Shew

I think this needs a bump.....

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
'Determine it's not already done by someone else'... I cannot count how many times I've seen duplicate threads for the same things. But it's not like that's bad. Everyone will have different opinions on what to do, and we don't have to all follow what the first guide writes; this is in particular for those posting character builds.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
This needs to be Pinned as it should be compulsive reading for anyone who is thinking of making a Guide.

Shew

Thank you Dave, And thanks Rayven for the quick edit and sticky.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts