OOC The Great Journey Retaken

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Viarco Strong-Head

By Azura, By Azura, By AzuUURUURAUURAARA
    Too late to hop in here? If there's anything you'd like me to clarify on in the form, just ask :)

Name: Viarco Strong-Head
    Race: Nord
    Class: Spellsword
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight (without armor): 225 lbs
    Appearance: Viarco is light-skinned, and is a fairly muscular fellow; not to the extent of shirt-ripping biceps, necessarily, but he's fit. He has eyes of a pale blue, with braided blonde hair and a short-cut beard of the same color. There's a small scar underneath his left eye, which Viarco is quite reserved on explaining the story of other than he's had it since childhood.
    Typical Clothes: When not in battle-related situations, or anything that would require his armor, really, Viarco wears a dark blue robe that goes down to about his kneecaps, over a white and royal blue worn woolen garment and pants, and leather shoes. He keeps a hilt for his sword underneath the aforementioned robe, just in case he encounters an unexpected adversary of some kind.
    Battle Armor: Viarco typically prefers to wear light armor, favoring maneuverability, but he's able to make the best of the situation if he doesn't have that; though he may be a tad over-encumbered should he be having to wear heavy armor.
    Personality: While he is a bit reserved of a man, Viarco is always happy to share a bottle of mead with any man or woman, and he's one of the first to step forward when someone is in need. However, due a lot of the inner struggles he faces, Viarco tries to not let himself get attached much anymore, so he may begin acting rather abrasive around those whom he cares about, and whom he knows care about him as well, but he makes sure it's not to the point where it's considered hostility.
    Background: Born and raised in Morthal to honorable working parents in 4E 170, Viarco led a peaceful early childhood until he was 5 years old, when the White-Gold Concordat was signed that gave the Aldmeri Dominion clearance to eliminate Talos worship. As the Thalmor made their initial rounds around Skyrim doing so, they stumbled across Viarco's family, who were open Talos worshippers and proud patriots of Nordic culture. With quite the struggle, Viarco's parents were seized from their home, with the young boy left with tears in his eyes as his parents yelled back at him, reaffirming that everything was fine as they were shoved into the Thalmor's carriage; and, additionally, a hatred for the Aldmeri Dominion that took his parents.

Fast forward to Viarco now, at 31 years of age. Waiting for the perfect time to fight back against the Thalmor and, he prayed, find his parents, he had been training himself in the use of the blade for years, as well as going out and doing mercenary work around the holds to earn his keep. Upon encountering and dispatching a certain bandit caravan one day on a job, he discovered one of the bandits had an old book of spells on his person; Viarco's curiosity was piqued, and studying it and Destruction magic in general more revealed to him new ways he could combat his foes, and led to him fully embracing the "spellsword" identity. Now, he sympathizes with the Stormcloak cause, keeping his eyes and ears open for openings to possibly cause damage to the Thalmor whenever possible.
    Skills: The one-handed sword and the school of Destruction are Viarco's two weapons of choice, being incredibly skilled in both areas. Viarco also knows his way around a blacksmith's forge, thanks to some of the knowledge he retained from seeing his father work the forge when he was young, and is also able to maintain himself in the heat of battle with restoration magic, having learned a few spells from the school from the expansive spellbook he recovered from the bandits.

MB_52

Sounds like a fun RP if you guys have enough room. Here's my Character, tried to keep the background at a minimum:)
    Name: Emric Greenham
    Race: Breton
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'5
    Appearance: Short black hair with brown eyes, has tan skin with an athletic but not overly muscled body. Prefers to wear clothes over armor typically he wears a combinations of browns and greens.
    Fighting Pref: Prefers to stay at range with his worn but trusty hunting bow, but is able to hold his own at close range with a sword, though he is by no means a master swordsman. Knows some minor healing spells as well as a conjure familiar spell that takes the shape of a bear.
    Personality: Reserved yet kind, Emric prefers to stay quite around those he doesn't know but try's to make an effort to be polite. Also try's to avoid conflict when possible.
    Background: Emric was born in southern Cyrodiil near Chorral. And was brought up by his parents to be an inn keep but by the age of 15 he decided he would rather adventure. So he set off west to Hammerfell spending a several years there as a mercenary before deciding to head north to Skyrim.

Sounds like a fun RP if you guys have enough room. Here's my Character, tried to keep the background at a minimum:)
    Name: Emric Greenham
    Race: Breton
    Sex: Male
    Height: 5'5
    Appearance: Short black hair with brown eyes, has tan skin with an athletic but not overly muscled body. Prefers to wear clothes over armor typically he wears a combinations of browns and greens.
    Fighting Pref: Prefers to stay at range with his worn but trusty hunting bow, but is able to hold his own at close range with a sword, though he is by no means a master swordsman. Knows some minor healing spells as well as a conjure familiar spell that takes the shape of a bear.
    Personality: Reserved yet kind, Emric prefers to stay quite around those he doesn't know but try's to make an effort to be polite. Also try's to avoid conflict when possible.
    Background: Emric was born in southern Cyrodiil near Chorral. And was brought up by his parents to be an inn keep but by the age of 15 he decided he would rather adventure. So he set off west to Hammerfell spending a several years there as a mercenary before deciding to head north to Skyrim.
    I like your character man. I can picture him pretty well from a short description. I need to make a shorter card for mine, the one I made was so long.

MB_52

Hey, thanks man, I had a lot more information on my character but I always felt that it is more fun to reveal more background during the story rather than all at once in the very beginning. I really liked you character though, he seems like he would make Emric more than a little nervous:)

I like that, sound like there's a good mix of characters. I figure we can make short posts about how we get our letters end whenever Ysarth is ready he can write the setting for the meeting. or however he wants to do it, I'm new to this just making suggestions haha.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    Awesome. MB 52 and Viarco just need to post their initial posts getting the letter etc and I will have Ysarth arrive at the Winking Skeever first and set the scene

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Seeing a new RP brings tears of joy to mine eyes.

Last edited:

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Are you still accepting applications to join?

Ysarth the watcher

Of course, please do! Just paste your character card and post up on the official rp page linked in the description of this thread

Ysarth the watcher

I have the same with Alla'Amir, still fine tuning his personality so sure. An rp for a fresh character is the best way to mature one

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    upload_2016-11-20_18-59-31.jpeg

Cosset Beaulieu
    23 YEAR OLD FEMALE BRETON
    THE SERPENT
    PERSONAL DETAILS:

Alias: None

Sexuality: Not defined and I'm quite sure asking would elicit and odd look and an uncomfortable exit from the current conversation.

Marital status: Single

Occupation: Is compiling information in the written form as many scholars tend to do on oddities, anomalies, and just generally unrecorded subjects across Skyrim. She will also take on the odd jobs that strike her fancy in the moment and procures a decent quantity of coin this way, this vary from the usual adventurers grind to simple jobs of enchanting.

Residence: Obviously enough to those that would be privy to any kind of information as to her living quarters she would have some sort of space within the bounds of the college of Winterhold, though in truth she rarely passed within its bounds and occupies different inns for ever varying reasons and durations. Her family once owned land, far from these parts. She does not return to it if it does still exist in their names. Speaking of family...

Family: The "Manmeri" has no family to speak of or perhaps simply chooses not to speak of them. Especially to you, stranger that you are.

Affiliations: She is certainly affiliated with the college of Winterhold as is made obvious by the ever popular response to those that pry: "I'm on college business." Whether she is or not at the time is another affair entirely.

Note-worthy Personal Relationships:N/A (Open for editing)

Political Views: "Neither side is without fault, this is clear. However, more important than any small detail is this; the war must end. One way or another."

Religion: The Nine Divines

Affliction/Disease/Ailments: Is plagued with a suspected "Paranoid Personality Disorder"

upload_2016-11-20_18-59-51.jpeg

When decorated with war paint it is a dusty blue that flows in fluid lines over her skin, running from her face and disappearing from her neck into the hidden parts of her body.

PHYSIOLOGY:

The Breton is slight in stature, as is in line with the general standards of her people, standing at roughly 5'3. Though she is a traveler, an adventurer and spends much of her time moving about she has so far avoided the squaring of feminine features that often comes to those with heavy weapons and even heavier armor. Her body has a decidedly soft, womanly shape about it despite good muscle tone. Generous curves and ample bust only further this popular opinion, though in no way are used to draw attention. She has a natural conservative way about her, perhaps stemming from the fluid cloth that adorns her and finds her covered, though not hidden.

Contrary to the subtly hidden figure her face demands attention. It is framed by a halo of soft caramel curls touched with varying shades of blonde and in its darkest parts, the slightest hints of a copper auburn colouring. These stray strands tend to fall to the sides as well as in front of her face demanding to be tucked behind slightly pointed ears. Her own pigment is slightly deeper than a majority of her kin being a healthy lightly sun-kissed colour. The sun had also gifted her a sprinkle of hardly visible freckles dotting sparsely her button nose along with the warm glow. The eyes, filled with a brilliant fire burning under thick lashes, hold many a tint that mingle for a rather beautiful show. The base colour of the iris is a pale blue nestled tightly within a ring of deep indigo. Spirling throughout the colours is a network of webs white as snow, and finally, a rather large brown spot occupies the inner corner of the left eye. A small oddity but still they smile still just as jovially as any other set when called to meet a smile passing over the plump soft rose lips. That being said, this isn't the most common of looks. Her eyes tend to look somehow haunted, the lips often pulled to one side in concentration or contemplation.

Voice: Dulcet

PERSONALITY:

In short, she is no simpleton. The layers and depth of character are vast and often elusive and tainted by hidden mental illness. As an overreaching rule, Cosset is an intellectual to the point of being astonishingly bright and subscribes to logic as most other scholars would do, though individual logic may be tainted. For this reason, she finds shelter within facts and unbiased observation, obviously contributing to her current fields of study. She appreciates any sage though reacts aggressively to her own brainpower being challenged, questioned any perceived threat to it. She also does not stand for others belittling her either as you may have been able to deduce. These are some of her most evident traits to any acquaintance. However beneath the surface, and all other traits aside,a sickness festers.

A deep seeded paranoia stalks every conversation, every reflection that mirrors in her eyes of those around her. There, behind the icy eyes,a basic lack of trust lives entrenched. She harbors no belief in the commitments, promises, or general trustworthiness of others and in every word sees an attack on her person, a hidden meaning that may be nothing more than a ghost. These perceived wounds are met with no less than swift and unforgiving retaliation often paired with a long-held grudge. If not one can be assured that she is plotting her next calculated move, simply waiting for the right moment. All of this suspicion makes relaxation a difficult goal to achieve and a dangerous and unpredictable host. The process of acting upon such suspicions can happen with little to no notice and lack all mercy. One might go from jovial laughter to having a knife in between their ribs, it is a secret peril that is all too real.

Positive Traits: Highly intelligent, Open-minded to diversity, Fiercely passionate

Negative Traits: Unpredictable, Paranoid, Untrusting, Detached, Hostile

Intellect. Charm. Are they not one in the same?
    Literature, scholarly primarily.
    Soft materials and luxurious furs
    Dislikes:
    Overly deep bodies of water, especially those with strong or unpredictable currents.
    Dullards and their ilk.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral to Neutral Good (varies based on current severity of paranoia)

upload_2016-11-20_19-0-11.jpeg

COMBAT STATS/ DETAILS:

Cosset is without question a pure mage. A great wielder of destruction magic the woman prefers the element of fire and uses a great variety of fire-based spells when in the throes of battle. Whether it be a blast of flame or a rune placed carefully there is a tendency to get somewhat lost in the heat of those more involved altercations. Therefore those around her are suggested to carry caution in more intense situations.

Other schools of magic may be called upon as she possesses a firm grasp on these however the parallel to destruction, restoration, is her second strongest field of study. Providing balance in this way she is able to both heal her own body and those of her compatriots. This makes her a valuable asset to a team or group setting, at least on paper.

One peculiarity that is worth mentioning is the odd way in which her body reacts to depleted magicka stores. One might notice that this individual seems to be able to push beyond what would be a proper estimate for her capacity, however, it also appears to take a great toll on her body. Once the stores are depleted she begins to draw on her own health, replacing the magicka. It is a dangerous trade-off, though with the combination of restoration and high damage output it is clearly a boon.

Class: Mage

Major Skills:
    Destruction
    Restoration
    Alteration

"Minor" Skills:

Sneaking
    Varying degrees of all other schools of Magic
    Unarmed Combat and One Handed
    Enchanting

Weapons: A number of finely made daggers, hidden on her person.

Gear: As a majority of those mages dedicated to the study of magic the young Breton is rarely if ever seen without her robes. That being said the robes that swaddle her form are in no way ordinary. The fabric that makes up the custom-made, tailored garments are of astounding quality, the craftsmanship being equally impressive. Blue dominates the landscape of the cloth, a colouring mimicking that of the faded paint found upon the shields of Winterhold. Woven into the folds are accents of white and pale silver embroidered threading. All buckles and other hardware fade seamlessly with this scheme, being silver themselves.

Upon the vestments is the handiwork of the mage herself. With an impressive handle on the process of enchanting the robes are heavily enchanted with 2 enchantments each. Everyone revolves around her favored schools of magic rather than regenerations of magicka. This pairs well with her rather odd style of magicka regeneration. A glint of a fine silver chain disappearing to hide within the cover of her clothing also suggest jewelry of some sort, claiming health properties rather than those of magicka.

Laterality: Ambidextrous

Inventory: (COMING SOON)

HISTORY: (COMING SOON)

Last edited:

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    My post might run a little long but I will post it tonight. I have a few questions to ask of you though.

1. SIMPLE: What season is it.

2. In most RPs we pick a colour for the NPC's and everyone has a designated colour for their characters thoughts and speech. Can we standardize those? I would like this colour and II'm not sure what you would prefer for npcs

MB_52

I've been using this but I just noticed that Tommy was using a different yellow so if it's to confusing I could go back and change mine.

Ysarth the watcher

Using one colour for NPC speech can get quite confusing when your character is interacting with more than one in the same paragraph and also more than one after another. It becomes a 'he said, and then she said and then he said' and kills your literary rhythm. I don't know, maybe I'm finicky about that sort of thing, that's why I prefer using different colours for different NPC's in the paragraph. It will also become a clash with actual characters though but that is where your chosen colour will come from and any NPC speech along with interaction of playable characters will be a different colour.
    Example: Ysarth speaks in this and is answered to by Hlif'Ulfr in this whilst an NPC enters the action phase speaking with this. It might get a bit confusing but it allows the singling-out of different characters

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts