Private The Grand Adventure (IC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Envii

"I don't know how to describe it, but I feel different now,"

"Then everything is as it should be" said Freyr smiling "You will find that you will have a new connection with your blade...and with your body...more in tune almost. Redguard are fearsome warriors, especially with the blessings of the divine"

He stepped down off of the platform in order to make room for Elsa who had not yet been able to approach the stones. He gestured for her to move foreward with a wave of his hand. "You have been missing out for far too long my fellow nord." He said smiling

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex let the Mage stone do it's job. He felt his mind clearing and the veins in his body seemed... lightened. His eyes grew brighter and he stepped away from the stones to make room for others. "Wow..." He said. He lifted his hands and he could feel magic running through them.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    As the stones came into view Elsa suddenly felt nervous. The pull and hum of magic was undeniable and as she watched her companions step up in turn she felt more and more unsure. She knew that the Warrior would be the honourable choice, it would help fine-tune her bow skills and perhaps help her abilities with her daggers. The mage stone made Elsa uneasy, as she truly felt no need for magic. As for the thief stone, she was already quite gifted in that area after being trained by a member of the Thieves Guild, but with the blessing she was sure to have luck on her side.

Looking between the stones she closed her eyes, hoping to let the pull of one do it's work. Standing between with her eyes closed she leant to one side, allowing the ancient magic to guide her. Opening her eyes she saw herself before the Thief Stone and before she was aware she felt a strange energy run through her. It was over as quickly as it had begun and as she stepped back she looked around, the shadows around her seemingly darker, and the glint of her companions gold and trinkets brighter and more enticing. Looking at Freyr she bit her lip, wondering what the group would think of her. "After all these years...I just wish I could have had my pa with me."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    After Freyr emerged from the woods and a slightly tense discussion, the group got going on its way toward Riverwood. In a little while they were at the Guardian Stones, and Farth, Sorex, and Elsa had each taken blessings from the different stones. Tacitus was himself a bit unsure. "So, are there more of these all over? I ask because none of these seem like they're for me." Tacitus was fairly indifferent when it came to any magic. He used Restoration occasionally, but only when necessary. The physical world had been pretty satisfactory for him so far.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    "There are an unknown number of other stones around Skyrim," Relyn said. "But I have no idea if we'll come across any others on our journey. The blessings can be switched, however. If you feel you could use an extra boost to an area of your skills, there's no harm in using one of the stones."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Aw, what the hell," Tacitus said with a shrug. He stepped up to the Warrior Stone, looking at the ancient carving of the warrior constellation. "I don't know how to improve on this," he said, laughing and flexing his right arm, showing the average-sized but quite toned ball of muscle on his arm, "but it can't hurt." He placed his hand on the stone, halfway inside the hole between the center and the top, and magical light sparked into the hollow, running along the ornate carving and shooting up the top into the heavens. "Hmph, how about that. Maybe a bit novel, nothing to write home about, if you ask me," Tacitus said, glancing back to Freyr and seeing that the Nord wouldn't like what he saw as some prissy Imperial insulting his traditions, then adding on, "...but at least I can say that I'm one of not many other Cyrodiil natives who will ever do that."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa rolled her eyes at how dismissive Tacitus was about the guardian stones but she held her tongue all the same. At lest he had the decency to acknowledge the importance in his own brash way.

Hitching her pack further up her back she looked to the road. "Riverwood is really close by, we should get going so that I can sit down in the tavern for a while." Looking to Freyr he nodded in agreement before heading off the group to Riverwood.

The walk was short but pleasant, the rushing water acting as a comfort to Elsa's mind. She was already planning exactly what she would do as soon as they reached Riverwood. Food. Lots and lots of hot food beside a fire. Sleeping outside during the night had let a chill settle in her bones and she knew she would need to warm up properly. Feeling particularly brave Elsa looked to the dunmer. "So Relyn, just how well do you know Skyrim? You seem to have a great deal of knowledge and yet, no sense of direction." She hadn't spoken to Relyn much the entire trip but she was genuinely curious, as well as mischievous enough to risk irritating him. In truth she greatly admired his skills, and having heard so much about the House Telvanni she couldn't help but feel like she was meeting some kind of hero from a fable.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Birds chirped, children were playing, and the sun was shining. How sickening. The group had finally reached Riverwood. As they walked into the town, Elsa spoke to Relyn. "So Relyn, just how well do you know Skyrim? You seem to have a great deal of knowledge and yet, no sense of direction."

"There is a difference, my dear," Relyn said, a small smile on his face. "Between knowing one's home and knowing how to find one's way around it." They reached the small inn at the end of the town. Relyn politely held the door open and allowed Elsa to be the first inside. Once they had found a table, the two of them sat down and continued their conversation. "Going back to your earlier question, I know the land of Skyrim very well. But, as you just witnessed, my navigation skills are rather sub-par. I can give you a brief summary of nearly every monument you'll ever see, but I still need a map and my magic to actually reach them." Relyn waved over a barmaid. "I'll have a glass of Colovian Brandy and a sweetroll." Relyn looked back to Elsa. "Do you want anything? I'm a Telvanni Master, I have more than enough coin."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Do you want anything? I'm a Telvanni Master, I have more than enough coin."

Blinking in surprise at the act of kindness Elsa nodded. "Uh, just an ale and a boiled creme treat? Thank you." Resting her elbows on the table Elsa quickly sorted through the numerous questions she had for Relyn. "So, have you ever visited a dragon's burial site? I hear there are several across Skyrim. And have you ever fought a frost troll? I heard they regain their health even after you strike. And The Throat Of The World! I don't supposed you've ever made the trek up the seven thousand steps have you?" Elsa's eyes were wide and her words quick as she hoped that Relyn would have stories he wouldn't mind sharing with her. So starved of her homeland she was eager any and all information she could gather.

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex followed the rest of the group into Riverwood. He sighed and walked into the tavern, seeing Relyn and Elsa talking at one of the tables. He went to the counter and bought some food with the coin he had found at the tower. He walked out of the tavern and over to some training dummies that were on a small island connected by a bridge to the rest of Riverwood. He took his pack off and dropped it down on the grass. He took of his bow and arrows as well, unsheathing his sword. He walked over to the grindstone nearby and started sharpening his sword. After he was done, he walked back to the dummies and sat down on a large rock, waiting for Farth to arrive and continue their training.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn felt somewhat overwhelmed by the girl's barrage of questions, but he did his best to try and answer them. "Um... Let's see. I've visited a few dragon burial sites, they're rather boring. Though I suppose now I'll probably be trying to avoid them, what with the dragons and all." Several people turned and gave Relyn strange looks. "Said that a bit too loud, didn't I?"

"Anyways," Relyn said, pressing on. "I've fought many, many frost trolls. It's true they heal themselves, but they have a weakness to fire. Mage lord that I am, it's all too easy to send a few fireballs their way. I actually encountered my first frost troll over one hundred years ago, during my pilgrimage to the Throat Of The World." The barmaid came back with the food and drink they had ordered. Relyn took a sip of his brandy, savoring the taste. "Colovian Brandy, truly a drink for the ages. Ah, right, my story. When I had just arrived in Skyrim for the first time, back when I was a mere apprentice wizard, I heard many tales of the Greybeards. Naturally when I heard of the power of the voice, I wanted to learn how to use such unique magic. I climbed the seven thousand steps, and when I finally reached High Hrothgar, the Greybeards refused to allow me inside." Relyn took a bite out of his sweetroll, and washed it down with another swig of brandy. "House Telvanni had a bad reputation amongst the Nords in those days. They seemed to think all we were after was power and riches. To be fair, that's exactly what most of us got out of our service to the House. But it's not like that's what we signed up for."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa was silent with awe as the mage spoke. Having been brought up to distrust magic and those who use it she was naturally fascinated by it. It was a shame, she thought, that he had been denied entrance by the Greybeards, but she supposed it made sense considering the political standings of the time.

"Tell me more about the House Telvanni. I've only read what seemed like stories in books...but if it's all true...for instance, is it so that the towers are built without stairs as some form of test?" Belatedly realising her order had been placed beside her she lifted the ale to her lips, sighing happily as she felt it warm her veins. Biting into her creme treat she thought up more questions to ask the mage while she had his attention. "I'm sorry I have so may questions. You don't have to answer them if you don't want to. I just, I'm speaking to a Telvanni Master! It's surreal."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn gave a laugh and a warm smile. "Is it really? You'll excuse me if I find that concept rather entertaining, most people these days find speaking with a Telvanni Master more irritating than surreal. I'm glad to see that some still remember the House's former glory. Yes, it's quite true that the mushroom towers grown by the Masters were made without stairs. You had to use Levitation magic to ascend the tower. Only the truly worthy mages could cast a spell of Levitation, thus they were the only ones allowed to freely roam the towers."

Relyn finished off his Brandy, draining out every last drop. He asked the barmaid for another, and ordered a few apples for the next leg of the journey. The elf turned back the Elsa. "Look at that, more than five minutes in a tavern and no one's insulted me! I think some your luck might be rubbing off on me, Elsa." Relyn gave a short laugh. "The House is nearly wiped out by now, so I don't have a complete history on me, but I can give you a few interesting facts. During the Alliance War in the Second Era, House Telvanni refused to provide aid for the Ebonheart Pact. I was a soldier at that time, and I harbored no small grudge against the House during those years. After the war ended, however, the Mages Guild had no real presence in Morrowind. Wanting to continue my research, I had nowhere to go but House Telvanni, and I quickly learned what I fool I'd been to doubt them. When I fought in the war, I could brew a few potions and cast a few spells, but after my training with the House Telvanni..." Relyn reached into his satchel and pulled out the machine he'd been tinkering with earlier. It was a small dragon, made from Dwarven scrap. The automaton took flight, going in circles above the table, it's metal parts clicking and whirring. "I've picked up a few more tricks."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Elsa grinned with delight as the small metal dragon took flight. "I wondered what it was you'd been tinkering with. That's fantastic."

Chewing her lip in thought Elsa asked a question she would have never expected to ask. "Do you..could you teach me a few tricks? I mean, I uh, I know one spell. I just think that this is a pretty unique experience and if you could maybe teach me just one thing, that would be pretty special."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn was rather surprised by Elsa's request. "I... I would be delighted to. It's funny Elsa, I never figured you'd be interesting in spell casting. It would have to be something fairly basic, though. How about you tell me what spell you want to learn, and then after we finish eating I can teach you. Probably best to go outside, I nearly burned down a building when I was learning to use magic."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Smiling softly Elsa nodded. "Uh yeah. Well I'm trying my best to keep an open mind about things. Learning magic from a dark elf seems like a good start. No offence of course."

Shrugging Elsa rubbed at her neck. "Well I can make a small flame. It's not enough to do any damage but it's enough to spark a fire when I make up camp." Though she knew she had no reason to be ashamed at her lack of knowledge she couldn't help but feel horribly outmatched by Relyn's talents. "If you could help me improve that I think that would be a good starting point."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn nodded his head in approval. "A basic flame spell is always good to know. Since already know how to make a primitive fire, it should also be somewhat easier to teach you. Just tell me when you're ready and we can get started with the lesson." While he waited for the young Nord to finish her food, Relyn pulled a small book out of his satchel and began to read it.

Rextoret

top kek
    Sorex sighed and realized Farth was most likely reading a huge book somewhere, completely forgetting their arrangement of training. He sat up off the rock and stretched. He looked around and decided to do some training. He walked over to the dummy and pulled out his sword. He slashed a few times at it, trying out the best slashes and stabs. He quickly got bored of this and proceeded to take off his armor. He stood in nothing but his casual clothes. "Well here goes nothing!" Sorex said. He jumped into the small river separating the small island from the rest of Riverwood. Chills ran up and down his body and he swam about a bit. He finally came to a rest across from the door of the tavern. He leaned up against the bank of the river and closed his eyes.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    With childlike enthusiasm Elsa quickly finished off her food, eager to have her lesson. She was beyond caring if her actions were viewed as immature, she was simply excited that Relyn had agreed to teach her.

"Okay, I think I'm ready." Grabbing her pack from beside her chair she slowly stood up, mentally trying to calm herself. Looking around the tavern with her divine blessing at work was strange. When before she would have noticed only obvious tells and tricks, now her eyes were drawn to the minutiae of the room and it's patrons. Raising her eyebrows she couldn't help but feel impressed with her new abilities. Even her footsteps seemed to be lighter as she walked out of the tavern, Relyn close behind her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts