• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
How do I get the side quest "The Gift" so I can turn my wife into a vampire? Is it entirely random, or is there a way I can increase the chances of getting the quest?

From what I understand, you can't be married to Farkas, Vilkas or Aela, but that's all I know.

Any help would be awesome!

CaptMorgan72

I just turned my wife and now her eyes are like pre-dawnguard vampire eyes. They are a dark red but other than that, she has no fangs or grayish skin. I guess its better than nothing.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I believe you got to do some odd quests for the vampires in Volkihar Castle in order for it to trigger.

On PC, the Better Vampires Mod allows you to turn ANY NPC into a vampire and makes them fight for you. Their appearance changes too. Eyes and skin color change plus they gain the Vampiric drain spell. That Preacher in Whiterun is now a vampire in my game. He is still screaming about Talos too. They don't follow you, however, if you get into some trouble in that town, they will attack all your enemies. Not bad having multiply forms of back up in a time of need. :) Also, you can feed on a dead body and, sometimes, they'll awake as a vampire.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I'm trying to get this quest as well. I've done like a dozen or so random quests for the Volkihar, including turning all the three people Vingalmo asks me to. But still, whenever I'm directed to Vingalmo, he always gives me the quest to turn one of those who I've already turned. This is ridiculous, how hard can it be to get this one quest?

So, currently I'm supposed to get the Elder Scroll from Blackreach for the vampires, and as I said I've done a lot of random quests already. Accoring to Skyrim:The Gift - UESPWiki I have all the prerequisites. Is there another one I'm missing, or is this just ridiculously bad luck?

JClarke1953

Ain't no telling on this game as glitchy as it is. I have 3 char's, losing a fourth out of my ignorance. And each time, thing's change a bit. The dialogu is different, subtle. Like Cammilla gave my char some brew the day after the Claw was returned. Hadn't seen that before, so I wonder if she's hustling my char?

As far as the Vampire thing, I did the Vampire Lord thing before, and it was like being the Guildmaster or Listener, always being sent out to do this or that when my char is supposed to be in charge. I'm going to see how Selena roles this time, and if she decides to not be cured (I have one that did, and another that didn't. And she gets put off when I ask, lol), might try and see about ruling Castle Harkon together.

Nace11

Hey guys i have a problem. see i already turn my wife to a vampire before getting the gift quest so when i got the gift quest in turning your wife anything you do to make your wife a vampire doesnt work anymore. for example using the vampire seduction the feed option doesnt show up anymore instead the it goes to a normal conversation and if my wife is asleep it does not work too. what should I do ???

Nace11

I accidentaly feed on her there was no one inside my house except my wife my thane was gone and my two sons is not feedable (if thats a word) after i feed on my wife the gift quest pop up even though i dint got it in the first time then i came back to vingalmo and finish the quest. after finishing several quest vingalmo ask me again to make my wife a vampire but she already is and i already done it

and Im using ps3 console

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts