The gate for Castle Volkihar won't open at all

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sofiafrr

The gate for the Castle Volkihar won't open at all. I always need to go in by using the wooden plate and shout. I went outside of the castle before I got the quest and apparently that causes the bug when I can't get in during the quest. But after the quest and using the wooden plate thing once the gate should be and stay open.

I am doing the vampire path and I have become the Vampire Lord etc but entering in is still not working. Even the wooden plate thing fails first for like ten times before I can get in.

I am playing with Switch, does that have something to do with that bug? Because my friend who is playing with Xbox doesn't have this issue and on Xbox you can also go through the gate with the plate on your first try.

I tried to google this also but didn't find any discussion about this issue.

Cybernettr

I had this problem because I visited/discovered the castle before I was supposed to. Even the clipping trick with the plate only worked once for me, and after that it wouldn’t work no matter how many times I tried it. I had to give up finishing the vampire quest on that playthrough. On the plus side, I had Serana as a permanent follower from then on, and I could also hire additional an follower, so I could have at least two followers at all times. On my second playthrough I have been careful not to visit the castle before the Quest.

Jcb

If you have discovered the castle before Serena takes you there or you have a map makers mod that discovers everything for you it won’t work. Part of the quest is her taking you there to discover it. Hope this helps

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts