The Game of Thrones thread! (Warning: Spoilers will be present!)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
I just came across the chapter you mentioned earlier, where Robb names Jon his heir "until such time as my wife and I produce an heir of our own". I didn't actually remember it, to be honest.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
abbqxLv_700b_v1.jpg

Reaper87

吉光
Hey guys, should I read the Game of Thrones books first and then watch the television series? or vice versa?
(I can read English books well enough, and I could probably get Portuguese subtitles for the TV show, if needed)

EpicVakarian

Depends. I would say read the books first, but other people might say differently. Honestly, it doesn't make all that much of a difference; so long as you're thinking of both reading and watching it.

EpicVakarian

So I read a little further into Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold. Got to the preliminary Battle of the Wall, when the Thenns and Jarl's men attack Castle Black from the south. A few things:
  • I forgot how short a time Ygritte was actually present in the books.
  • Book battle of the Wall >>>>>>>> Show battle of the Wall
  • The move Donal Noye pulled with the switchback stair, lighting it on fire above and below the Thenns, was AMAZING, I don't know how I forgot about it. Also, Martin's writing in that scene is perfect. "Some continued upwards, and died. Some retreated back down, and died. Some stayed where they were. They died as well. Some tried to leap from the stairs to escape the flames, and died from the fall."
And bear in mind, I've not even re-read the ACTUAL Battle yet. Mance and his army are still yet to be spotted, and I vaguely remember the actual battle in the books being amazing, like show-Blackwater-amazing.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
Those visions in the books and show alike involving the snow covered throne room are most likely ash, due to the dragon we see above kings landing in separate visions and Danny not touching the throne. She probably caused this herself.

Or it could signify the obvious coming winter. Or both.

Ash is cool. And scary.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Those visions in the books and show alike involving the snow covered throne room ...
That vision wasn't in the books, actually. I believe they included it in the show as a stand-in for some of the book visions they couldn't include, like the blue rose growing out of a chink in a wall of ice—an obvious metaphor for Jon Snow, and some of the strongest evidence we have for R+L=J, and therefore for Jon being the true heir to the Targaryen dynasty. Since the show hadn't established the significance of the blue rose, that vision wouldn't have made sense, so instead, they put literal snow on the throne to hint at Jon's possible future.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
I am about 90% the dragon above Kings Landing was in Bran's vision in the books at least, but you're probably right with the throne room.

I'm reading them again while I wait anyway.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I am about 90% the dragon above Kings Landing was in Bran's vision in the books at least, but you're probably right with the throne room.
Nope, that wasn't in the books either. The only visions Bran had in the books (aside from those of the three-eyed crow that Bloodraven gave him) were through the eyes of Winterfell's heart tree.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Do any of you play Telltale's little epic saga in this series? I just finished Episode 5 and I just can't even begin to can right now.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
azVmmGK_460s.jpg

JoeReese

I haven't even watched the rest yet, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for the opening scene.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
aPG8rjB_700b_v1.jpg

Karen

boop.
Hello everyone, I marathoned all five seasons within a week this summer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts