PS3 The Forsworn Conspiracy Glitch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
So I've done all the investigating in this mission right up until the point where I have to return to Eltrys with the evidence. The thing is, he's dead and there's two guards and an imperial Legate there.

From what I've researched, the guards are supposed to arrest me, but the Legate just talks to me about the war then leaves me alone! And the other guards just stand there. If I attack them, then they arrest me like normal without starting the 'Noone escapes Cidnha Mine' mission. I cannot progress with this storyline!

I did manage to save Margeret's life, and I only was in markarth after waking up there from the Sanguine mission. Does that have anything to do with it? Is there anyway I can get the guards to do the normal thing and start the next mission? Any help will be muchly appreciated!

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
It is possible for two guards and an imperial soldier to spawn at the Shrine of Talos instead of three guards, with the middle guard being replaced by the imperial soldier. The imperial soldier will not give dialog options that allow the completion of the quest, instead preferring to talk about the war. The other guards will not initiate dialog. There is no way to complete this quest by being framed for the murder of Eltrys and sent to prison in this case. If you still have Margret's Journal, Nepos's Journal or Weylin's Note in your inventory, they will be stuck there. You can remove them by storing them in Eltrys's corpse.
Just read this on UESP.net, apparently this is a bug.
I don't think there's a fix, sorry.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
rats, it looks like that quest will forever be in limbo for my dovakhin. At least I know how to get rid of those pesky journals now though, thanks :)

DragonBoneBow

I had the same problem then i just went and did another quest in markarth and after that i went back to the shrine of talos and the third guard was there

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts