1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

18+ The Forgotten

Discussion in 'Active Stories' started by IntrepidVenture, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Aspen

Aspen Member

Vaella nodded at the imperial mans' questions. "I could indeed, but I have only one bow,amd there are certainly more than one sentry. Even if I could down one or two, it only takes a poor angle or a bit of luck on their part, and our approach will be known."

"Besides,"Valion added "The daylight works against us." He nodded to one of the three khajiit. " I say do as the khajiit suggests; wait until dusk, and then spring our trap. Those among us who won't sound like a moving armory-" he stared pointedly at the heavily armored human, orc, and argonian among them, "can slip up and do some quick blade work on the sentries. My sister will silence any that we miss."

• Like Like x 2
  2. Madrar

Madrar The Shadow in the Dark.

Merric stared at the patrolling forsworn, hand on the hilt of his sword. The suggested path was not a particularly bad idea, but there was a good chance the sentries would find them if they stayed in one place for too long. But a mad rush towards a fortified position was an excellent way to end up dead. The swordsman sighed at the lack of options, and nodded to the elven siblings and the khajiit. "Then we seem to be stuck waiting for the cover of evening. Or perhaps some other distraction that will draw those sentries away from the mine." With that, he found a small, moss covered boulder, and took a seat. He was out of direct line of sight, but in a position where he could leap to his feet and draw his sword at a moments' notice.

• Like Like x 2
    #42 Madrar, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  3. Thesius

Thesius The Imperial Paladin

Kallus' jaw clenched in barely suppressed fury, but he bowed his head to the masses. He knew he was an experienced warrior and leader, but all that experience wouldn't count for anything if none of the others would follow him. The point was rendered moot when the hooded figure spoke out, bringing up the point that they were wasting time by standing around and arguing about who would lead them, rather than making their way towards the captured mines. For his part, Kallus remained silent as the group of adventurers and mercenaries trooped out of the stone walls of Markarth. Out of all of them, only two really concerned the paladin. The hooded figure, whose motives seemed good but were still hidden from Kallus and the others. The second was the dunmer in scale and leather and with an aristocratic bearing. This task could not be deemed so important that a dunmer noble would throw in his lot with them.

Or perhaps the Silver Bloods had struck some deal with an obscure dunmer house that the breton had not heard of. That was not impossible-he was woefully ignorant of the dunmeri houses, and their motives. Whatever the case, Kallus was certain the truth would come out in good time. The knigh-paladin fell in with the others, aware of the gazes of the guardsmen on his back. He wondered for an instant if this whole quest was a mere ruse to remove some powerful individuals from the region. He dismissed the theory almost immediately. The Silver Bloods weren't so petty as to have Kallus and the others killed so long as they stayed out of their business.

They stopped after several hours of marching, a short distance from the captured mine. Far enough that the sentries could not easily make them out, but close enough to see the forsworn patrolling around the entrance. Their approach was concealed by a large growth of the scraggly trees with a few large, mossy boulders dotted around as well. The others settled down and discussed the best way to approach the mine without being discovered. After a short discussion, they decided on sneaking forth once darkness fell. While that was not his preferred approach, Kallus settled down, sitting with his back against one of the boulders. He nodded towards the orcish man in the armour of the imperial legion. "You served, did you? What legion?"

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheArgonianDrell

TheArgonianDrell Well-Known Member

Sothas and Aylira followed the mixed group out of the city of stone and towards the conquered mines. Neither Sothas nor his companion knew what the forsworn were planning. They were too close to the city to be allowed to remain in place for long. Despite the argument that had started outside the inn, they made good time and without anyone being too hostile to each other. When they stopped, it was within bowshot of the mine. Aylira clambered up one of the nearby trees and looked out at the scantily clad guards outside. She listened absentmindedly as the khajiit and the bosmer discussed strategy. For Sothas' part, he hunkered down among the others, out of sight. He looked slightly ridiculous, hunkered down out of sight, but there was not many places an argonian his size could hide comfortably.

His dark elf companion scowled and hopped down out of the tree, landing lightly and rejoining the others. "They're not doing anything up there. Just standing guard." The assassin glanced over at the only other dark elf in the group. His skin was slightly paler than hers and his hair indicated he was a great deal older than her. His eyes, however, held a vibrant light as if some inner strength was shining out. "What about you?" she asked him, "what brings you on this merry little adventure?"

• Like Like x 3
  5. Drahkma

Drahkma Dashing Imperial Officer.

Vorhael glanced up, surprised to be addressed at all even if it was by the only other dunmer in the group. He had seen her leave the inn with the large argonian. Both looked like they knew how to handle themselves. Then, the same could be said for everyone in their little group. Whether there was any truth to appearances would have to wait until they saw any actual combat. While it would be good to know who he could count on to hold their own in a fight, it would also benefit him to pick out the most dangerous of them. If things went his way, he'd be able to gather the more dangerous of the group to his side. Counting on others siding with him, however, was dangerous at best. He flashed the dunmer woman a thin-lipped smile and said "oh, you know. Lust for adventure and gold, perhaps a little...bloodletting on the way." He subtly nodded towards the accursed paladin, obliviously speaking with the orcish legionnaire. "What do you make of him? In my experience, his type are far too zealous for the welfare of everyone else."