18+ The Fae Folk: A Skyrim Fanfiction

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
So I figured I'd premise this fanfic with a little intro. First of all, Fae are part of Tamriel's lore, they're just obscurely glossed over in Daggerfall, I believe. This left the entire thing open ended enough for me to write a fanfic using multiple characters I've created over the course of playing Skyrim. Sounds cool right? Well the idea kind of exploded, and the long and short of it is that this is now a massive (albeit single person) 23-main character 3-way war type fanfic that involves all walks of life, all races, and all forms of characters. It's massive, and without giving away too much of the plot, I thought I'd preface with saying it's definitely a WIP. I write this when and if I can, but I decided to hold off posting for a bit just so I'd always have something in a pinch. Picture the story as a roleplay with 23 characters, all written by me. So to keep things organized, here are the basic rules the story follows:

1. Setting and time are variable. Because the story is told in thrid person limited, it takes a limited perspective. Just because I set an event at the beginning of the story doesn't mean it's happened yet when it changes perspective. If Johnny is attacking Sue in one scene and then the perspective changes, it could be before Johnny even meets Sue.

2. There are no good guys and bad guys. In this story, there are three sides and they all have goals. Some people on side A will use moral tactic, some people on side A will be highly immoral. Some people on side B will be moral, some will not, etc. Don't expect to like an entire "team".

3. Not everyone is perfect. Granted, I left a few very typical heroes in the story. There's a classic Nordic warrior and a powerful mage. There's a thief and an assassin. But there's also a sickly cannibal, a fat nobleman, a mother, the list goes on. There's 23 of them. If they were all obvious heroes, it would be boring. However, keep in mind they all, EVERY ONE OF THEM, have one major contribution to the story.

4. Lore is not as important as story to me. I'm sorry if my image of a springtime Skyrim laid out wider then the game doesn't match your vision, but the importance is not following lore, but plot. If I make a critical lore error (ie: Dragons suddenly swim or something ridiculous) drop me a line to let me fix it. As I said, this is a WIP, I'm not above editing my work.

5. Updates come when they come. I am not working on a schedule, so don't expect a weekly update. At first it will be very regular, because I'm about 1/6 of the way through the story, but after that gets posted, I'm sure I will fall into a less regular pattern.

6. There are mature themes. Sex, drugs, alcohol, extreme violence, strong language. It's all here. If this was a movie, it would be rated R. And that's how I want it. Skyrim is rated MA anyway, so if you can't handle it, don't play the game.

7. Enjoy it, and please refrain from posting on this thread. With sooooo many things to write, it'll help me stay organized and keep updates on a regular basis. Please PM me, give me a rating, write on my wall, anything other than posting here to give me feedback, which I would most definitely love.

Without further ado, Welcome to a Skyrim unlike any you've seen before....

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
The white, bleak place was everything and nothing.
“Who are you looking for, traitor?” came the voice of a woman. Something about it was different. Powerful.
“Traitor. Coming from one of those who put me in a cyclical prison. Interesting.”
Emerging from the clouds of white, the man who spoke took on a domineering presence. He smiled coyly ahead into the fog. “After all Meridia, I come in peace.”
Emerging across from him, the woman showed no relaxation at his words. “You betrayed your own kind. Becoming more powerful than us is one thing, but this is unforgivable Jygalagg.”
“You should know better Meridia. This is the way things are meant to be. I can sense it. The time for the Daedra, for the Aedra too, is over.”
For a brief second, fear struck across her face. Something about his words held a power even the gods need fear. “Is that all? You come to my realm, my home to threaten me!? LEAVE THIS PLACE.”
She pointed, sparks of light firing from her fingertips. A void, black against the brightness of the clouded space, began sucking the air from the realm.
Jygalagg countered, throwing his massive blade towards the void. Sparks echoed from the chasm as the sword collided, sealing the void she’d created. “This isn’t a threat Meridia. This is a warning. Call your champion off. In fact, spread the warning. It could save me some time.”
A smile crossed her face. “Does this mean that we have gotten the great Jygalagg to fear mere mortals?”
“It goes against the order of life to condemn these people. To name regular mortals champions. And while I cannot stop the Aedra, I can try to stop you.”
“You’re a fool Jygalagg. I control life. I am life. Don’t tell me the order of things can continue without me, because I know better. Sygria will not awaken. And my champion will be sure of it. And should she fail, then I will intervene. I will stop you. And you cannot stop me.”
As she finished her final words, she faded off into the clouds, leaving Jygalagg alone in the fog. He sighed.
“Then the only fool here is you.”

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Eldergleam Sanctuary was alight with life that day. Many a person had made pilgrimage in celebration of Kynareth, wholly taking in the beauty of the goddess. Nothing could have been more beautiful than the Sanctuary alight with butterflies and life. Alight with smiles and the prancing of Kynareth’s followers, her people. Children, adults, all ages had come in celebration on this special day. So full of life. And such a mistake. A young girl pranced over the branches of the Eldergleam, moving swiftly in and out of its natural form. She was running from her friends, playing among the form of the holy tree. She moved swiftly to the apex of the Sanctuary, where the tree stood marvelously tall. She smiled, moving over just to touch it. She placed her hand softly on the tree, smiling and squinting.
Crack.
She frowned, looking beneath her hand. A crack had appeared. She looked closer, wondering if she had hurt the tree with such a simple touch.
Crack.
She looked again as the crack widened without touch.
“Wha-“ she gasped.
Crack.
The crack was enormous now, lining the tree in its entirety.
Crack.
It was getting wider.
Crack.
She gasped in horror, watching as the tree began to contort and… move. Was the tree moving?
CRACK.
The crack was hugely audible, silencing the people in the Sanctuary. The girl gasped in horror. The crack was huge now, breaking the tree nearly in half.
BOOM.
Then the girl was gone. The tree collapsed completely, crushing her under its weight. It opened like a flower from the stump, holding a bright light within it. People crowded up to the light within the remnants of the tree, gasping in horror at the dead girl beneath the metamorphosis.
The light dimmed, revealing a girl curled in a ball. She was older, maybe 25 in appearance, and beautiful. But she was odd. Draped in the petals of flowers and her hand sitting atop her head, she seemed like a part of the Sanctuary. Her skin was chartreuse in color, and her nails were instead long talons, her eyes were black as night. She stood up onto the stump, smiling at her audience.
“And here we have them. A group of people worshipping false gods.”
She began to cackle, and the people simple stared. She was something they’d never seen before. She was… new. In awe, they watched as the woman raised a single talon in the air. Wordlessly, she moved her hands over the roots of the broken Eldergleam tree. They reacted, moving up to greet her hand. She smiled, leaning over like she was going to kiss the root, saying, “Kill.”
The simple whispered word was enough. The plants in the sanctuary came to life, moving and waking up. In a familiar fashion to the Eldergleam itself, flowers curled open, trees cracked and moved, and more of the dim lights popped up across the Sanctuary. She wasn’t alone. Creatures just like her, in all colors, genders, and sizes, some with wings, began moving in on the now surrounded crowd. Fear rapidly overcame the awe, and the cloister turned into a shrieking mass, victimized by the sudden outnumbering of these unknown creatures.
“What are you!? WHAT IS THIS!?” a man cried out.
The apparent leader flicked up her hand, temporarily arresting the creatures from moving in. “My dear, we’re the Fae. And we’re the end.”
With that, she lowered her hand. The creatures advanced as the crowd broke, erupting in terror and bloodshed. The unarmed worshippers had no defense. Children, men, women, all were targets of these Fae. By the end of it, no one was alive. Their bodies covered the floor of the Sanctuary.
“My my, what a mess we’ve made,” the leader laughed.
She flicked her wrist, and roots began to move, coating the bodies and pulling them down into the Earth. The blood and mud mixed in a disgusting churn as the bodies disappeared one by one. Finally, the plants reemerged, and the Sanctuary moved back to the way it had been. No trace of the bodies. With everything reset, the leader turned, glancing at the only loophole left. Her own tree, still crackled and broken. “I think leaving this will serve as quite the message to the Lady Kynareth, don’t you all agree?”
The sprites tinkled in agreement, and the leader began to leave the Sanctuary. The hordes of Fae followed, jovially bouncing behind. The war had begun.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Drawing back her bow, Eltria huffed a minute breath. One second longer. Hold.
Release.
The arrow flew, finding the hide of the deer precisely as she’d planned. The great beast moaned, falling over on its side, still breathing. She walked over, looking at the poor thing. She pulled her mane from her face, smiling at the idea of venison for dinner. “Hircine be praised.”
She pulled out her knife, preparing to finish the job.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Looking down in the pool of water, Mira knew she’d been blessed. Her blonde hair fell in lovely, perfect ringlets around her heart-shaped face. Her red lips, naturally so, sat ideally beneath her cute button nose and alluring eyes. She smiled at her visage. Pulling some water against her skin, she rinsed the ceremonial makeup that tainted the image of her face. She then looked up longingly at the temple.
"I know you have greater plans for me, Lady Dibella, but I wish I could stay."

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
As the man held the fire in his hand, he could feel the pressure of once again having to exterminate life.
“I’m sorry, creature of Hircine, but this is your end.”
He drew back, pulling the fireball into a raving, massive force. The heat made him sweat as he looked at the pitiful werewolf, drawn and tied in its captured net. A howl erupted from its lips, dying.
“Stendarr have mercy on you.”
He unleashed the flames, crackling over the fresh corpse.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Sensari rushed in at the necromancer, firing off like a beacon of light. Sweep after sweep of her massive sword cut into the necromancer’s flesh. The novice mage stood no chance against such trained hands. But even after the last breath left the mage’s lips, Sensari continued to butcher her. The corpse became a broken pile of flesh. Sensari finished with her blade, depositing it behind her as blood dripped to the ground. Then, as her eyes filled with light, she charged a bright flash, unleashing it midair as a signal of the mage’s demise. The body turned to ash, ensuring it could not be used for further malevolent purpose. She deposited her sword in the dirt, leaning over in prayer. She murmured a last wish for the pile of ash, then left the altar, now purified from its torturous purpose.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
As twilight broke over the mountains of Azura’s altar, Kvyn cast up a ball of light, climbing closer and closer to her lady’s throne. The massive statue was visible from where she was, but she knew she had still a half day’s journey left on her pilgrimage. Pulling a slice of bread from her satchel, she began chewing as her stomach sighed in agreement. Even as night fell, she could still see her breath in the cold Skyrim mountainside. She looked around, seeing a nice plateau a few feet ahead. She decided that would be a good place to stop for the night, combing back the long dark tresses from her face. Slowly she emerged onto the plateau coated in a light dusting of snow, and pulled a log she’d had buckled to her back. She leaned down, brushing the snow from the surface of the rock, and placed the log where she’d decided the center of the camp was. She then moved to the side, placing the bedroll close by. Then, using the basic magic she knew, she spit flames onto the log, lighting a low fire on the mountainside. It was a small, meager camp. But it was enough.
The howls echoed eerily close. Kyvn turned, suddenly on full alert. She could see nothing now as night claimed twilight. In the darkness, the howls continued, coming closer and closer. Wolves. An entire pack. From the dim light of her ball and the campfire, she could make out the eyes. Pairs of them. Circling her. She shot frost at the fire and dimmed her light. She wasn’t going to give them any advantages. She wasn’t a fighter though. She gulped back terror as she realized this could very well be the end. She tried to make out the wolves in the blackness, but as they got closer, she could only see teeth. The teeth leapt.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
The dark catacombs were almost silent. The dark of the place was fully consuming, choking. Deep in the heart of the tombs, a figure leaned over a corpse. Cloaked, no details could be seen as the figure hunched over the body. It became apparent what the figure was doing. Piece by piece, the figure consumed the corpse. Treating it like a bloody delicacy, the thin fingers ran across the open wounds, tugging and pulling at the flesh. The ring on the bony fingers displayed the only way to identify the person.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Gathering the people around, Helena smiled at them. Draped in the finest raiment available, her guests showed both status and pride. Helena continued to smile, pulling them closer.
“Come friends, it’s time to eat.”
Helena drew her guests into an elaborate dining room, motioning for them to sit. They did, continuing on about trade and their homes and their families. The guests gorged themselves on the delicacies of candies and sweetrolls, of venison and chicken, of mead and firebrand. Helena ate nothing, smiling and conversing with the guests. As many began to sit back, full now, Helena stood up.
“Now that we’ve enjoyed ourselves. I’d like to thank you all for coming. It was a real pleasure knowing you all.”
The guests looked at her, puzzled by the finality of the statement. She smiled, moving back to the great fireplace and pulling a gargantuan axe from the mantle.
“Beautiful isn’t it?” she asked.
One guest nodded in acknowledgement.
“I knew you’d like it.”
In a deft move, she beheaded the nodding guest. Panic struck through the guests as they attempted to get up from their seats. Engorged with food, they were too slow. Helena advanced on them, one by one, the same smile never leaving her lips.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Asher removed his pants, looking at the naked woman lying in his bed. He smiled seductively at her, humming a tune as he moved in closer. He mounted her, smiling and nibbling at her skin. “Beautiful. You’re so beautiful.”
She moaned in ecstasy, and just as she cried out, Asher moved to her neck. Continuing to thrust, he kissed at her, grabbing and holding her close. Then he leaned in below her ear. Moving his mouth just below the earlobe, he pulled out his fangs. Slowly, he bit into her skin. She moaned again, this time in pain as blood began to seep out of her. Asher bit harder, sipping in the life as the color left her face. Her eyes rolled back into her head and she became limp in his arms. Asher removed his fangs, smiling and licking his bloody lips. “That certainly was beautiful."

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
The beggar man ran at the nobleman, moving around him erratically. “Spare a coin kind sir? A coin?”
The nobleman ignored the nuisance. “Leave me be urchin.”
“A coin sir, just a coin?” the beggar continued, erratic and obnoxious.
“Leave me be, I’ve a long way to go.”
“The Divines bless those who give. A coin sir? A mere coin?”
“I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE MY PRESENCE URCHIN!” The nobleman stopped moving now. He turned to look at the decrepit, hunched man who’d been pestering him for the past two blocks. They stood at the edge of an alley.
“Just a coin sir. Just a coin?”
The nobleman sighed, pulling for his coin purse.
Upon seeing the purse, the beggar pulled a dagger from his belt, stabbing the man square in the stomach. He smiled gleefully as the nobleman collapsed, dancing around the bleeding corpse. He removed the clothing, coated in blood, and pulled it over his rags. Then he continued to dance, grabbing up the rest of the valuables and leaving the naked corpse in the street. “I’m the nobleman now!"

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Moving through the woods with his hawk on his arm, Cowen sighed as he lost trace of the elk. He looked to the sky, throwing the hawk in the air.
“Find us some dinner Grace.”
The hawk rose up, dodging through the branches up into the sky. It flew over the woods, scanning the ground. Finding a rabbit, the bird dove, collapsing on it with a speed mirroring lightning. The creature shrieked as the hawk pulled it back into the air, bringing it back to her wood elf friend.
The rabbit’s corpse fell into Cowen’s hands from above and he smiled. “Thank you, Grace."

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
The plump man reached into his coat pocket, pulling out the golden watch. “I do believe it’s about time to collect friend,” he motioned to his companion, a brutish orc mercenary. “Refuse them any offers. They signed the contract.”
“Yes Sir, I understand my job.”
“If they don’t have it in coin, extract it in blood.”
The orc moved closer to the farmhouse, pounding in on the door. “Open up. Collection services. You’re late on your payment.”
Inside, the family whimpered. Knowing full well they didn’t have the money, the nobleman stood with an impish grin, watching as the orc charged into the family’s homestead. Looked like he was going to get a payment in blood.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Gavin pushed up against the dummy, striking with the edge of his battlestaff at full force. The dummy’s head collapsed, releasing sand onto the empty field. He continued hitting at the broken sack, becoming swifter and more accurate with each successive hit. He knew training would never stop. He collapsed, out of breath, and puked.
“You’re driving yourself into sickness,” a woman appeared behind him, presenting him with a mug of water. “Come in and rest a bit, please.”
He pushed the mug away, twitching his blue-gray ears in disdain. “Don’t tell me I’m pushing myself too hard while I still fail. I will not submit myself to weakness.”
He pulled himself back up, grabbing his battlestaff stronger. He whopped the broken dummy further, breaching into the sack as more and more sand leaked from it.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
The spiders’ lair was pretty dark, but it wasn’t much for Virse to handle. She crept up onto the cold rock wall, clawing along the webs to get an eagle’s eye view of the lair’s cave-like entrance. She was arched over the wall, looking down onto the ground. Now she just needed to be patient. It could take days for one of the creatures to kick start the trap, but Virse was nothing but patient. She pulled the web over herself, cocooning her in the shadow and silk.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
The ancient texts were almost a home beneath Clicks’ scaly fingers. She had been working at the college for ages, becoming accustomed to the smell of scrolls and ancient texts. It was a rare opportunity, especially for an Argonian, to be able to work with such texts. She figured Urag-Gro Shub liked her because she was quiet and she was efficient. Plus, she didn’t try to read the texts like some of the other students. She was perfectly content where she was. It was really interesting just to watch the mages come in and research. Just to watch what those who could do what Clicks couldn’t do.
“Some people just have magical blockages,” Mirabelle had told her. “You must be one of them.”
She sighed. She was a masochist.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Amidst the blizzard, the masked girl struggled to continue up the mountainside. She had to see the Greybeards though. She needed information. She needed to know why she was hearing him. She needed to know if she was special or she was crazy. She had to know. If anyone could tell her, it was the Greybeards. She groaned as a hefty wind swept past, knocking her into the snow.
“Damnit,” she cursed as the scrolls she carried fell into the snow. She moved to pick them up, but the snow began to move itself in concealing folds, pushing her away from the scrolls. “Damnit!”
The snow and wind pushed at her full force, and before she knew it, she was pushed to the edge of the mountainside. She screamed in terror, falling to the ground in an effort to regain her footing. Too late. The wind came with a massive blow, pushing her out into the open air. She began to fall.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Tinkering away in the laboratory was what Sheeva did best. Having worked endlessly beside Calecelmo in researching the Dwemer influence that was so potent in Markarth, she was a rare breed of Redguard. Her brain worked faster than Calcelmo’s though, and she was truly the work behind the genius. She didn’t care for the fame, for the notoriety. She was perfectly content to know. Know how these mechanisms worked and one day how she could use them. She tinkered away, pushing a gear in the Dwemer mechanism currently in her hands. “Shi-“
Before she could finish her curse, an explosion coated the room, throwing her back against the wall. Half her body was desecrated. She screamed in agony, feeling her mind go unconscious.

Vixen Blackbriar

Call Me Vix
Sareesha sat in the library, hidden in the shadows. Her feet touched lightly atop the bookshelves, hidden from the orc and argonian who frequented the room. She scurried across the shelves, staying silent as best she could. She was directly above the Argonian girl now. She grinned toothily, and detracted her claws. The Argonian maid sighed, and Sareesha placed her hands on the edge of the shelf, prepared to pounce. Just as she prepared to leap, a screeching noise pervaded the library, disabling her momentarily. She collapsed in the darkness, her sensitive Khajiti ears breaking in agony. She pulled herself back up, leaping from shelf to shelf and leaving the library. So the Argonian had something protecting her. Sareesha’d be back though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts