Private The Evening is wiser than the Morning.[EWM]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    The corridor was eerily quiet, and there were no signs of the two bandits who had disappeared within just moments before. Crouching low to the mossy stone floor, she listened intently for signs of movement within, but even with her astute sense of hearing the only sound came from the splintering wooden door behind her. It creaked forebodingly in the light breeze as it hung open, spilling a bit of light on the neglected interior of the fort. She closed it gently and let her eyes adjust to the dim light of the few torches glowing in their sconces, devising her next best course of action.

Cautiously, she progressed down the hallway carefully watching her step as not to cause any undue disturbances. Glancing from side to side, she noticed she'd entered into a sort of dungeon, with thick iron bars lining the walls. A thick smell of old blood whisked around her and she covered her mouth and nose in disgust, hurrying along as quickly as possible.

The corridor led into a more open area, with decidedly fresher air, should one prefer the smell of ancient mold to that of stagnate blood. She took a few short breaths to clear the old stench away. Nearby, there seemed to be what sounded like running water, but she couldn't be sure; needless to say whatever it was caused quite a bit of interferece when trying to detect approaching threats. Suddenly, there was the sound of clanking metal on stone, and a hurried shuffle. She pressed herself into the shadows, dagger drawn and in-hand and waited as silently as she could manage.

"Kill 'em if he talks to me again like that..." A staggering bandit, stumbled around the corner and into the room, wild eyes looking intently for something. "...get him when he's sleeping... or poison his meat... see how he likes that." He made his way clumsily to a table by the wall and started rifling through the collection of ale bottles strewn across it, obviously looking for more alcohol. Her grunted in defeat and sat down roughly when he found the bottles all drained.

Andante scoffed with distaste. Not only was he a thieving low-life but a miserable drunk as well. The scavenging life suited him, she thought, what was left of it anyway. With a nimble move she seized the drunken bandit by the jaw and covered his mouth, and he roared in panic before she could bury her blade in his throat.

"Hrng? What was that?" She heard stirring within an adjacent room and didn't pause long enough to rifle through the drunken bandits pockets as he slumped to the floor. Without hesitation she made a quick, and hopefully stealthy dash down a nearby corridor. The strange noise was becoming louder, surely she'd find the source soon enough.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    Bruynzeel hear noises through the prison door and decides to try and help out, and then there's a creaking noise from the ceiling and some dust falls but he is dedicated to helping Andante.. "Who's there? I'll find you, you can't hide from me!" stealthily Bruynzeel turns the corner to see a bandit bigger than any of the others searching franticly in the cells for Andante his orcish helm and armor flashing about his elven war hammer at the ready. "Ah there you are!" He raises the hammer to swing.. Bruynzeel takes a breath holds it time appears to grow to a crawl loosing an arrow at the bandit stricking him in the side he starts to turn....

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
    [Camp near Shimmermist cave : Whiterun hold]
    J'Zahriir busys himself packing, luckily his tent is really just a few extra animal skins his bed the same plus some wild grasses, the cooking equiptment is the bulkiest of his gear but with a poor hunt easily fits in his pack. "Companions, I am ready and to head out, I know a short cut across country, as long as we avoid one camp of bandits, and one of giants, we could cut about a day out of our travels."

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath watches J'Zahriir gather his belongings. (Hmm well I never took anything off so I guess I'm ready.) Rath breathes in deeply. Suddenly his Red eyes narrow. (Haha coin! Somone here has a bit of gold on them... Wait what am I think I cant steal from these people theyre my.... freinds... I never had freinds before... I was the only child in the clan at the time. But its been soo long since i stole... I must get back into it soon.)

"Yes. I'm ready too. Since J'Zahriir knows the way you take point I'll Ready my bow in case we run into a bear or something" Rath pulls out a shiny Daedric bow and quickly shoots an arrow at a nearby tree for practice. he readies another but this time slacks iit to where it wont wear him out."Lead on."

Rath smiles looking up at J'Zahriir...

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
    Camp near Shimmermist cave : Whiterun hold

Watching as J'Zahriir packs his things Michael notices Rath looking at J'Zahriir in an odd manner. "Guess he likes something he saw" he thought to himself. Turning his attention back to J'Zahriir as he spoke. "Avoiding a camp of bandits and a camp of giants seems simple enough" said Michael as he chuckled. "Lead the way then, I shall watch the rear".

Shew

As Storyteller((Reiji, Rathalos, and Obscure, your travels go well and you see Fort Greymoor and the crossroad leading to Markarth at the horizon line in front of you, having successfully navigated past the bandit camp at the base of Whiterun, and Halted stream camp also, you are now slowly circling at a safe distance the Giant camp: Bleakwind Basin.))

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    She had barely made it into the shadows of the next corridor before she heard a door swing open behind her and the bandit, probably a leader of some sort based on his attire, stumble angrily into view. He was obviously incensed, his weapon already drawn and ready to strike at a moment's notice. There was no way he hadn't noticed her, and the way his eyes glared in her direction did nothing but confirm her fears.

She took a few more hurried steps backward into the shadows, but he was already headed her way. Turning to look behind her, she saw there was a doorway at the end of the adjacent hallway. She could try to make a run for it, and probably reach the doorway before he could catch up but on the off chance it was locked or a dead end, she'd only be trapping herself for him. Without another thought she tossed the dagger in her hand aside, it would be no match for his thick armor at this rate, and drew her swords in anticipation of battle.

As he approached, she noticed another figure over his shoulder and her stomach sank in a moment of terror before she recognized them. She saw Bruynzeel creeping stealthily up behind the bandit, his bow at the ready. She hadn't seen him since entering the fort, and in truth had been a bit worried. It wasn't her nature to typically be concerned with the welfare of others, but something about him was different and she was glad to see him, for the most part, well. Resisting the urge to call out to him, she raised her weapons defensively, ready to strike as Bruynzeel's arrow made contact.

In a swift movement, almost the blink of an eye, the arrow flew with staggering precision and buried itself deep into the Bandit leader's side, staggering him quite a bit. He roared in anger and pain, looking over his shoulder for the source of the attack, and Andante saw her opening. With a quick dash she barreled at the bandit, regaining his attention only just before it was too late. He raised his hammer to strike at her, just before her blades found an accessible gap in his armor and pierced into his gut, raising him slightly off his feet. With the last of his strength the warhammer came down sharply on her back, narrowly between her shoulders and sent her face-first into the ground. The heavy bandit collapsed on top of her, not quite dead, his thick armor cutting deeply into her face and neck.

"Tch..." The bandit spat angrily. "...you, filthy little harlot, you...I..." He fumbled around blindly searching for his weapon in the heap of bodies and crumbling stone.

Shew

This one is a tough kill, Bruynzeel thought, nocking another arrow, again takes a deep breath slowing time, he also hears the slowed down response to Andante's well timed attack "T-c-h . . .", ". . . y-o-u,--f-i-l-t-h-y--l-i-t-t-l-e--h-a-r-l-o-t-,--y-o-u . . . I . . ." Bruynzeel releases his arrow and sends it neatly into the extended neck ending both his sentence and his life, seems he was trying for a weapon. "Are you alright my dear?" lifting the Orc cheiftain off her frame... -CRACK- looks up "I think we need to leave in a hurry", "I beleive we have arrived at the end of this structures existance"

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Andante coughed weakly as her lungs filled with air as the massive Bandit was lifted off her. Drawing herself to her knees she raised a shaking hand to wipe a stream of blood away from her lips, looking up at Bruynzeel, managing a half smile.

“Impeccable timing…” She said hoarsely, gathering her weapons and sheathing them. “…I-I’m alright, but you, hn, nearly thought you were lost.”

Getting to her feet she heard a deep rumbling crack resonate through the stone corridor, as dust fell from the crumbling ceiling. “Come…” She said urgently. “…there’s a door just this way, hurry.”

Shew

"Thanks, and for your concern too but, no I have experience with arrows and ... uum knees." uses heal other on Andante's back then assists Andante in their run to and through the door, the room they just left collapses and more loud cracks and dustings continue as they seeming stay just in front of the entire fort coming down, they get to a watery passage with skeevers coming at them... "Ugh, I hate these creatures, they are always blighted."

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    She stumbled a bit trying to start running, the pain from where the warhammer had made contact radiated into her arms an lower back making them numb and sore. Bruynzeel's temporary healing would have to be enough for now, as she wasn't keen on being buried here, and letting a den of filth like fort Greymoor become her tomb.

"Thanks..." She said hurriedly. "...I'll not worry so in the future."

Using her sheathed sword as a sort of support, she kept herself one step ahead of the collapsing corridor. Ducking through a crumbling doorway she found herself wading through standing water, surrounded by moist, mossy walls.

"Ach!" She said in disgust as she noticed the filthy skeever gnawing at the leather covering her ankle. She kicked it roughly and it skidded pathetically through the shallow water, colliding into the wall with a dull thud. It squirmed a bit and fell silent. She spat in distaste as she saw it had made a hole in her boot, and broken the skin. "Disgusting little-" She was cut off as this corridor too began to crumble. The doorway through which they had come collapsed, sealing the way back.

Nowhere was safe, it seemed the entire fort was meant to fall. She turned to Bruynzeel to make sure he was still following, just in time to see some of the cascading debris crash into him from behind, sending him face first into the murky water. With the strength she could muster she hurried to his side, unsure if she could withstand his weight on her injured back. Nevertheless, she wasn't about to leave him behind, certainly not in a place like this anyway. Grabbing his arms she threw them around her neck, and hoisted his body onto her back fighting forcefully through the pain to carry him to safety.

Though short, the corridor seemed to drag on forever before she found an escape. She could just make out a few rays of feeble sunlight through a narrow passageway up ahead, and made her way toward it, nearly tripping over squealing skeevers as they too fled the collapse. Opening the door, a few of the filthy little beasts tried to scramble out before her and she elbowed them roughly in the sides to drive them back. "Get...back you...nasty little..." Forcing her way past them she and the unconscious Bruynzeel emerged into the diluted daylight, collapsing onto the dusty plain. With the last of her strength she pulled him away from the collapsing fort to a safe distance, and fell painfully onto her back in the scrubby grass, trying to catch her breath.

[Shew is having some connection trouble, and gave me permission to script some actions for his character, before anyone asks. :)]

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
    -Loud Rumbling in the distance-
    J'Zahriir looks in the distance as two figures emerge from the now crumbling Fort in the distance
    "Come friends looks like something is going on perhaps were needed" readies bow just in case, and breaks into a run, approaching the figures he goes into a stealth crouch till he notices both figures seem in real need of assistance. "Rathalos I think we need your healing skills are you sufficiantly recovered to help them? I have a few extra potions of health in my bag here."

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
    Near the Fort
    Seeing the two figures in the distance nearly escaping the crumbling fort, Michael rushed over to them.
    "I'm not too good at it but I can do some healing" said Michael to the group. As they got closer Michael noticed the two figures were a male Khajiit and a female Bosmer. "Rath, the Khajiit doesn't look like he's moving. Since your better at healing take care of him, I'll tend to the Bosmer" said Michael as he hurried over to the injured people.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    leaving the city, she traveled north, while hunting for food she heard the sound of crumbling stone "What was that?" heading towards the noise, sneaking along the ground in case of it being a group of bandits, she saw a group of different races around the crumbled building, readying her bow for an attack, she saw that some of the members where hurt thinking to herself "Should I help them?" knowing the answer, she slowly approached the small clan

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    "Aye. I'm on it. J'Zahriir get us some water please we will need it." Rath rushes over to the downed Khajiit (Whats with all these khajiits getting injured?) Rath grabs him and straightens him out on his back. "It seems as if the majority wounds here are from fallen debri." Rath pops his neck and takes off the wounded Khajiits chest armor. "hmm. I prolly shouldnt talk to myself but oh well." Rath says out loud as he runs a hand over th khajiits back "Hmm Nothing feels broken. possible fractures." Rath checks for a pulse surprised to feel it at a normal pace. "Ha this ones gonna hurt in the morning" Rath takes a bottle out of his bag and bites the cork off. "Here this'll wake you up." He pours the liquid on his face. "Actuall I think you were just supposed to smell the liqiud but oh well. Wake up!".

"Oh and Michael Have the Bosmer girl drink at least a cup that should clear her throat possible make it easier to breath." Rath looks up... Then beck to the khajiit, which looks as if he's beginning to wake.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
    Outside the Fort
    Michael rushed over to the Bosmer. "Don't speak, your safe now" said Michael as he looked over and took the potion from Rath. "Here drink this, it should help you breathe easier" Michael said as he placed his hand on her back and helped the Bosmer up to drink. "Hmm, that's odd. There's a tender spot between your shoulder blades" he said as he felt her back. She must have been hit pretty hard and she carried the unconscious Khajiit out of the Fort. She must be in serious pain. "Rath this one seems to have a wounded back aswell. I can ease the pain but we must get them to a bed".

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath looks at Michael "Yes I agree. Here i have some blankets in my bag" Rath pulls out a Rather fluffy blanket. "It's not very big so I hope they don't mind being cramped together." Rath looks at the khajiit. Rath grabs him under the shoulders and drags him to the blanket that he spread out on the ground. "There ya go buddy Your gonna be alright." Rath casts a healing spell on the khajiit. "there that'll ease your pain. Alright this one is stable but not in the worlds greatest condition. Get yours over here and I'll see what I can do for her."

Shew

Bruynzeel starts coming around at the smell of a medicinal liquid, feels his armor off and some ones caring hands searching his body for further wounds, "Oh Andante, you shouldn't take advantage of my weakened condition." he purrs. and immediately regrets it...
    Wait that's not her smell and those hands are more hesitant than hers would be. He continues to fain semi-sleep till he hears that they are caring for them not robbing them.
    "Well sir I thank you for your help, how is my companion?" pauses "And did anyone else make it out of the fort?"
    as his eyes open he sees the young Khajiit retrieving water from the stream, an is it albino altmer with a red tattoo giving Andante a drink, and a strange sounding Breton with some sort of speech impediment causes by (something in his mouth?) caring for his injuries. which must have happened as he was navigating the collapsing fort. How did he get out?
    And someone no one else seems to have noticed in the high grass. Fires a candlelight bolt at the altmer in the grass striking her on the head and spotlighting her and hopefully dazzling without harming her.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Rath hears the khajiit say something about Andante. (Hmm well he seems to be using it as a refrence so it must be that girl over there. he purred too. odd.)
    "Don't metion it. Don't try to get up you'll only hurt yourself. Your companion I do not know yet. Michael is tending to her. My name is Rathalos but everyone calls me Rath. The khajiit over there is J'zahriir. And no no one else made it out of the fort. I'm sorry."

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
    Outside the Fort

Doing as Rath said, Michael picked up the Bosmer. Trying his best not to further injure her back, he set her down on the blanket Rath had laid out. Hearing the wounded Khajiit speak Michael felt at ease. "Andante... so that's her name.These two seem to have something going on" thought Michael as he looked over her, but the moment was cut short. Seeing the Khajiit shoot a bolt out towards the grass, Michael stood on edge. "Who goes there!" he yelled.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts