Private The Evening is wiser than the Morning.[EWM]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    the beggar comes upstairs, hands me the letter, I hand him 10 septims and he leaves us to our business. I take a few minutes to read it and take in the information.

"Friends and companions, the details are such without naming names, Our patron wishes us to clear a local cave that apparently connects to a Falmer stronghold of its intrusive inhabitants, we keep any treasure found minus his requested items a notebook and artifact of power which he says we'll recognize by its tone when touched" sips mead "He also states he will pay the amount of 30,000 septims to be divided amongst any troupe I recruit. He goes on to detail there are several traps and possibly a danger of activated Dwemer automotons." Sips "Any that wish to bow out now would be the time before I reveal location"

Jermeh

"This sounds like a good time; I haven't laid eyes on any Dwemer creations in many a year. I am choosing to stay and face whatever lies ahead." {Fariil continues to take a large gulp of ale, finishing his rather large glass; while he hopes that he made a correct choice.}

Lemviticus

Signy remained seated, simply providing a nod of approval to show her decision. She would stay, for if she stayed it meant she could fight, and fighting was in her blood. The mere thought of laying waste to the pitiful creatures known as the Falmer tugged a small smile at the corner of her mouth, and her sharp, blue eyes perked in attention. She would not back down from a chance when it promised bloodshed.
    "I will fight," She murmured, the smile turning into a grin.

"Oh yes definitively i want to stay and fight but we must be careful because ive faced this dwemer contraptions before and you don't want to mess with them"

Jermeh

"Oh yes, I've seen them do much damage. But all it takes to take them down is to cut a few wires while they don't even know you're there." {As he finished his response, Fariil made a small wink to show that it was a clever plan that was proven to work, but could easily go wrong and end badly.}

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Andante drew her attention away from the small knot of partially inebriated patrons who had been watching the unlikely group ascend to privacy in the loft, and gently closed the door to seclude them. Despite the dull humming of the crowd below, everything seemed very quiet. She kept her back pressed to the wall, almost disappearing into the shadows at the edge of the room the dimly burning fireplace could not light. She listened intently as Bruyn'zeel examined the newly delivered letter, and spoke its details to the group in a deceptively gentle voice.

"Though I have made much of my living by collecting small bounties throughout the province, it has been quite some time since I've had reason to draw either bow or blade..." She crossed her arms over her chest, and stepped closer to the group. "My desires are few, but perhaps I shouldn't be so swift to ignore opportunity when it knocks."

She nodded to the others, counting herself amongst them.

Shew

to all "Then with that, we will start out tomorrow for Marthark, so I can meet with our patron and get the key." finishes mead " I travel by foot but if you have a mount that will be fine, I ask that it just be us, so if you have hired help please release them. Enjoy the rest of your evenings, your rooms are paid."
    "I look forward to our association, and learning more about you all, even those too shy to share with us yet."
    "excuse me a moment" stands moves to door "here's a few septims for those who require another round"
    to Andante "thanks again for extricating me from that fool of caravan lover, and my dear I would still love to get a read of your work sometime"
    turns to leave...

Jermeh

Fariil rises from the table after exchanging goodbyes. He slowly walked to his room in order to not stumble from all the alcohol he consumed. He had a nice sleep and awoke early in the morning. He was luckily not hungover when we woke up, so he headed swiftly down the stairs. Fariir ordered a sweetroll from the barmaid and sat down at a table, to see if anyone else would come soon for him to journey with.

(I'm going to bed now, if anyone wants to take over my character and journey to Markarth with me feel free until I come back tomorrow)

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Andante scanned the small group, who had dissolved into excited murmurs, until her eyes came to rest on Bruyn'zeel with whom this entire evening had begun. She smiled and nodded in his direction.

"Leaving so soon are you? Hnh, gone as swiftly as you came." She said in a dark, but friendly tone. "I'll see you by the city gates by morning's first light." With another shallow nod she disappeared from sight and into another room for the night.

Though she attempted rest, sleep did not easily find her that night. Her mind was heavy with the thoughts of the night's events, and what was to come. Perhaps it was the beginning of something new and different, perhaps the beginning of her chance to get out of Skyrim. If not forever, then at least for awhile, to know that something beyond the mountains existed in the world. Things had begun to change, literally, in the course of a single night and there was no telling where it would lead.

She woke early the next morning, while the light was still pale blue before the sun had risen above the horizon. Gathering all of her things into her pack, she took one last look around the small, unwelcoming room and headed down into the tavern. Several patrons were there, downing mead already so early while others snoozed away last night's hangover on benches by the fireplace.

Scanning the small crowd, almost nervously, she spotted Fariil a familiar face from the night before and made her way toward his table. She cleared her throat lightly to announce her presence.

"Good Morning." The greeting sounded a little strained, as if pleasantries were something foreign to her. "I hope you will not mind..." She took a seat, and asked the barmaid for a mug of hot water. When it arrived, she produced a small glass vial from her satchel, and poured what looked something like crumbled bark into the steaming cup. She stirred it a bit as a strong-smelling black tea began to steep. "I...trust you rested well?"

Shew

After a restful night Bruynzeel awakes in his room at the Drunken Huntsman a good place to sleep and a better place to restock on glass arrows. Since his bag was already packed his travel leathers treated with unscented oils and in good repair he dons the dark brown he prefers when going to the wilderness. adding a circlet enchanted for bow damage, his muffled boots and waxes his bow string then stowing on his back. And leaves. Is surprised to see alik'r warriors talking with the guards at the gate, but its not his affair, and heads to the Mare for abit of a repast. Entering the door of the mare in search of food and drink before travel he smells many things, most importantly a rare homey smell he hadn't partaken in since Hammerfell. approaches table with Farill, and Andante
    "Who has the tea?, I would gladly give you a sample of roasted bean concoction I acquired from a group of sailors, they called it Caw'fe', sorry may pronunciation my be off on that one."
    sits and beckons barmaid
    "glad I got you two alone for abit, what are your thoughts on Sara? And our clumsy but lovable Nord? I know my thoughts on you two and even though in honesty I trust your motives Farill I find your over honesty at meeting a touch over the top"
    to barmaid "Two chicken eggs poached and a bit of roasted horker thinly sliced please, a small flagon of very hot water and a cup."
    to Farill "Might I suggest a little more discretion"

Lemviticus

Signy glanced at her battered Iron Helmet, and ran a finger over the gauges and dents in the old piece of equipment. She had never felt the need to exchange it, for it had done her good in all the battles and mishaps she had partaken in. She let out a content little sigh, placing the helmet on the bed, before pulling the last of her Stormcloak uniform on: boots and the tattered blue robe that went across the chest. She tugged at the amulet of Talos hung around her neck, flipping it out from underneath the Cuiress for all to see. When she fought, she liked to fight with Talos at her side. Fully dressed, she took a last look around the little room, before heading down to the eating and drinking area.

The Bannered Mare was surprisingly full for this early time in the morn, but it came as no surprise to the Nord when she found Andante, Bruynzeel and Fanriir sat at a small table, conversing quietly. She approached them, offering a nod and a, "Good morning, companions." She leant her weight on the back of a chair, thinking of the battles that were to come, a small smile brushed her lips, "I trust we are all ready for our journey?"

Shew

"Ah..." Andante smiled,{why does that capitvate me} gently swirled the steaming liquid in her mug. It had achieved the appearance of tar pitch, but was still smooth, and releasing a very pungent, aquired scent when disturbed. "...yes I was certain someone would mention the scent, as they always do. It's not a common drink here, but I never have too much trouble getting a hold of some near the border in Falkreath. Either you enjoy it, or you don't. For most, it's the latter."

Signy approaches "Good morning, companions." She lent her weight on the back of a chair, thinking of the battles that were to come, a small smile brushed her lips, "I trust we are all ready for our journey?"

awkwardly as he had just asked the others their opinion of Signy "Indeed, care to join us in a meal before setting out.. or perphaps last nights drinking has given you a upset stomach?" "I find a good tea solves many a tightened head and stomach"
    barmaid brings order "Ah this looks and smells fabulous, thank you dear" produces a small metallic sphere unscrews it drops in a few beans and then closes it and gives it a few extra turns grinding the beans inside touches a button on it and it then what look like engravings appear but are actually holes too small for the grindings to fall through and places in the flagon to steep... pulls dwemer knife and fork out of sleeve cleaning them with a cloth and proceeds to cut his poached eggs, then produces a couple of small spice containers and spices his eggs as he prepares his first bite. "I so love a good meal, I once had the honor of a meal cooked by the gourmet himself, at least this one believes him to be a male, never saw him but his cooking guide seems to imply it" to Andante"have you read it?", takes and savors first bite

"Oh, yes. Uncommon Taste, I have skimmed it a time or two. To say the least I found it a bit...uncommon." She tried not to smile at her own cliche,the smirk didn't go unnoticed "I dabble in cooking occasionally, but found his approach to cuisine a bit...campish for my taste. Heh."

"Oh and I have a gift for each of you in honor of our association I did alittle shopping taking care to study your habits I think I did a fair job in translating some of your desires" Places a small leather covered bottle of ink(violet) on the table and a short travel quill "these are yours dear Andante" places a small honing stone and vial of oil on table "and these yours Signy" then places a small vial of paralitic poison on the table "And this of course is yours Dar'Farill" then nods at each of them to accept.{hoping the subtefuge of the others gifts doesn't give away his distraction} while returning to enjoy his meal. Pouring this ca'fee he meantioned from the flagon lid in place to keep the custom steeper inside.

edited to account for later post and character interaction that happened in conjuction with this post

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Andante was taken quickly off guard as Bruyn'zeel appeared suddenly at the table, breaking the strained silence. She crossed her legs and leaned back from the table, nodding in greeting as he approached.

"Ah..." She smiled, almost a little embarassed as she gently swirled the steaming liquid in her mug. It had achieved the appearance of tar pitch, but was still smooth, and releasing a very pungent, aquired scent when disturbed. "...yes I was certain someone would mention the scent, as they always do. It's not a common drink here, but I never have too much trouble getting a hold of some near the border in Falkreath. Either you enjoy it, or you don't. For most, it's the latter."

She leaned forward and cut off a crust of bread, buttering it lightly as the other two exchanged pleasantries. "Hn? Ah, yes, coffee. I like it well enough but in my experience you just can't brew it strong enough...at least not to suit my tastes."

"Glad I got you two alone for abit, what are your thoughts on Sara? And our clumsy but lovable Nord? I know my thoughts on you two and even though in honesty I trust your motives Farill I find your over honesty at meeting a touch over the top"

Eating quietly, she contemplated the question. Truly, as she was sure the others had, she had contemplated the two of them, the Imperial and the Nord. It was unusual to say the least to find the likes of their kind throwing in loyalties with those they did not know, much less when it came to Elves and Khajiit. As she made to speak up, another arrival stopped her tongue short and she managed a weak smile in recognition of Signy's entry. She shuffled her seat a short distance around the table to make room for everyone.

"I so love a good meal, I once had the honor of a meal cooked by the gourmet himself, at least this one believes him to be a male, never saw him but his cooking guide seems to imply it" to Andante "have you read it?"

"Oh, yes. Uncommon Taste, I have skimmed it a time or two. To say the least I found it a bit...uncommon." She tried not to smile at her own cliche. "I dabble in cooking occasionally, but found his approach to cuisine a bit...campish for my taste. Heh."

The group continued to eat, for a moment or so in silence and contemplation most likely of what was to come for each of them. She watched as Bruyn'zeel began producing what was apparently gifts for them each from his satchel. She nodded awkwardly in appreciation.

"It is not necessary, but I am thankful for your kindness." She said, wrapping the bottle and quill carefully in a piece of cloth and tucking them safely away. She took another long drink of her tea, hoping not to disturb her companions with it's stout, anise-like scent.

"It has been quite some time since I have traveled so far to the west. Tell me, what sort of time do you think we would make traveling together?" She proposed to the group.

Lemviticus

Signy glanced at the little bottle that had been presented before her, and smiled a small, thankful smile. "Very much appreciated," She nodded at the Khajiit, dipping her head gently, "Thank you, comrade." It was not in her tradition to present gifts to new friends, and she felt a small sense of guilt wash over her as she realised she had nothing to return other than reasonable protection from danger and the words of thanks.

After odering a drink to warm her cold bones, and a breakfast that would no doubt fill even the hungriest of travelers, she turned her attention to Adante's question. "It would depend on our mode of travel, hm?" She twiddled a fork between her thumb and forefinger, "Personally, I ride, but I suppose Faxi would not object to being pack horse if no-one else owns a steed." The fork flicked from between her fingers and landed with a small clatter under the table opposite. Signy glanced after it, before shrugging, and returning a question to the whole company, "What would be the preferred form of travel, do yo think?"

Shew

Andante says "It is not necessary, but I am thankful for your kindness." She said, wrapping the bottle and quill carefully in a piece of cloth and tucking them safely away. She took another long drink of her tea,
    "It has been quite some time since I have traveled so far to the west. Tell me, what sort of time do you think we would make traveling together?" She proposed to the group.

"It would depend on our mode of travel, hm?" She twiddled a fork between her thumb and forefinger, "Personally, I ride, but I suppose Faxi would not object to being pack horse if no-one else owns a steed." The fork flicked from between her fingers and landed with a small clatter under the table opposite. Signy glanced after it, before shrugging, and returning a question to the whole company, "What would be the preferred form of travel, do yo think?"

to Signy "Thanks for the offer I tend to travel light I intend to store most of what I usually carry in the Drunken Huntsman."

"And to speed that depends on obstacles in our path seen and unseen, speaking of which, though I am hesitant to say this." sips coffee "I have a family member that's been seen in Skyrim, he's looking to return me home. If we encounter him I need your discretion when I disappear for a bit." another sip "I promise to meet back up farther down the path as I'll shadow you til I am sure I am not followed"

Dalsaf was one of the last of them to wake up and greeted his companions with a "oh hi everybody" and then had immediately fallen asleep at the table. he woke up a few moments later with a sigh for he was not a morning person after having a drink of special tea brew he makes every morning he woke up fully as energetic as ever "Hello Everybody!, i suppose we set out now we don't want to be late for killing those falmer, eh"? Dalsaf then sat down to answer Andante "well if our mode of travel is mixed with horse and walking i suppose a day or two possibly, but i too haven't gone too far with a group before" Dalsaf answered..........

Jermeh

(Sorry a little late to reply)

"Thank you, brother, it is much appreciated. Although I sadly have nothing for you as I wasn't expecting any gift exchanging. I suppose I can make up for it later. And to you question, I tend to travel on foot, as we Khajiit are able to make great time without a steed." During all this conversing Fariil thought to himself about Bruyn's comment on his open honesty. It was nothing new to him to have told too much to his new friends, but he thought it would also be wise to slow down some. After finishing his sweetroll without any leftovers but a small belch, he continued to ask the group. "When shall we be setting out?"

Shew

Bruynzeel turns to Andante "Walk with me I have a couple small errands to run before meeting everyone at the stables"
    to everyone else gathered "We'll meet you at the stables in just a few minutes, I have a couple of errands to run first"
    turns toward the door and leaves not waiting for a response from anyone.

just outside the door "That's a good girl Chey Chey" crouches down to pet his dog "You've been good, sit-up! Bakies!" dangles roasted horker slice. Cheyanne sits-up and accepts horker
    {What am I doing? Leading when It would be so much easier to go alone? Damn it Bruynie you told your self you wouldn't get mixed up with a group again... and then theres grandpa somewhere out there looking to take you back to your responsibilities, you received the letter. Dads dead and the tribe wants you to lead them.No adventure in that. Sign this, Sign that, decisions that are meaningless but have to be made . You actually prefer the cold here unlike your brethren. Plus its been profitable being sneaky, but honest tons of bandits to raid because of the rebellion and lack of enforcement. But the distressing thing about this match up is that Bosmer, intelligent, demur, but she doesn't act as her brethren} the door opens breaking his train of thought.

Jermeh

Dar'Fariil stands up and leaves in a similar manner: "I'm going to do a bit of preparation and shopping myself and meet you all in the stables aswell." Fariil walks out of the Bannered Mare and to Belethor's general store. Fariil was good friends with Belethor, and often used his spacious shop as storage for his belongings. Like often, he didn't have any time to stop and chat, and Belethor was used to this kind of drop-in. He quickly made his way to the back room and to the musty old dresser in the back corner. He opened the wardrobe and tucked away his now-useless Shrouded Armor and pulled out his favorite yet rarely used fur armor. The armor was given to him some years ago by his uncle before he left for Skyrim. The armor was made to match his own fur, so people could often mistake him for not wearing anything. He also grabbed his trusty dagger, Nightwolf, which made of ebony. On his way out he snatched a few potions of the shelf; "I'll pay you back later." Once he left the store, he swiftly made his way out to the stable to wait.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Andante leaned back from the table as she drained the last of the odorous tea from her mug and crossed her arms as it filled her with an energizing warmth. She nodded toward Signy as she spoke.

"I don't mind to travel on foot, but, I'm sure I can aquire a steed if need be." She reached down and pulled a single, black leather satchel into her lap. "This is all I carry with me, weapons aside, so either way it shouldn't be a problem."

A few moments passed before she pushed back her seat and stood, running an idle hand along the front of her clothing, to smooth the worn leather into place. Quite different from the threadbare robes she typically wore, her armor was of snug-fitting black leather adorned generously in accents of silver. It was perhaps not the most flattering in appearance for her build, but it bore no remnants of having seen a harsh blow; a small sign of skill for the stout elf. Her attention was once again drawn to Bruynzeel, as he spoke.

"Walk with me I have a couple small errands to run before meeting everyone at the stables."

"Hn?" She looked toward him as she situated her satchel on her back, and adjusted the thick belt at her waist where a well polished ebony blade rested in its sheath. "Ah, very well then." Picking up her bow she walked the short distance around the table to join the side of her new companion, if not almost hesitantly. She was never entirely comfortable in the presence of new company.

"Well, well..." She said crossing her arms, half in confusion and amusement. "...there's something you don't see everyday." A Khajiit with a canine companion, it was quite an amusing sight she had to admit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts