The Elder Scrolls Online

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
Well after look over what Beth said I have come to a conclusion.

It's gonna suck.

Yes I will have fun playing and yes I'll say it was worth the money but in reality. Theres gonna be sooo many newbies and soo many Elitest Dbags that I'm gonna be insulted just for speaking my mind.

BUT
If I find some good freinds and a great group to hang with and play TESOL with then It'll be worth it. power in numbers. I envision its gonna be total war for a couple of weeks after release. then clans will side and then it will be organized war One clan will stick to its part the others to theirs with minor battles in between. Forget story eveyone is going to be hunting each other if it's PvP. But i will love it. I'll get to march around in my shining armor and defend my erm... plot 'o' land. along side some of my best freinds... It's gonna be hell getting there but face it. you'll buy it and see that in the end it was worth the pain and trials.. as for graphics Idrc if theyre bad. My laptop cant run not HD 5-D insane LED STD stuff. I'll be fine with WoW graphics. :p

Can't wait til our hunt :D

Ragnar

The Red One
Hmm. To be honest, my first reaction to hearing about this was:

"Great, that's pretty cool, but how much is it going to cost? I'm not buying it if it's one of those monthly subscription games."

As you can see I'm a very dedicated fan of the Elder Scrolls.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
There's a video of a recent interview with one of the execs in another thread. I haven't watched it yet but I like what I hear. Anyway, this isn't coming out anytime soon so we're all idly speculating ...

This made me a little happier.

What Elder Scrolls Online Offers Skyrim Fans, MMO Players - The Elder Scrolls Online - PC -
Home - www.GameInformer.com
There is a HUGE article in this months Game Informer magazine about this. Much more detailed than this online article. I'd scan it an upload it but I am sure that's against the rules so if you can stop by a Game Stop and read through it, I recommend doing so to all.

BigPond13

I'm not sure if I believe it yet. I probably wouldn't even play it if it did happen, but I just hope this wouldn't mean that they aren't making another normal ES game :eek: Who is playing Asda Story?I gave up this game and I had a mage character to send.
The Elder Scrolls Online will make its debut in E3 2012, following its announcement in May by Zenimax and Bethesda.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
I will get the game because I have been a big fan of the series for so many years. This does not mean that I have to like it :cowboy:

But I am all in to get a little suprised. Maybe the game will be good? I still doubt it thou.

Sean

lost somewhere
I hate MMOs, I really do.

Not just the idea for it being a Massively-Multiplayer-Online game that just happens to devalue any part of plot because you can watch people interact with the same object that you are which breaks immersion, but because if the company that initially made the series makes a huge profit on it, then they will start focusing their energy on MMOs instead of RPGs.

I would be alright for maybe a 2 player co op, as long as they don't have to diminish the rest of the game, and just treat the second player as a mercenary for the plot.

Yeah lets hope this isn't another Blizzard thing where they become successful in the MMO genre and sorta forget about their other fans for years and years.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Player vs player sounds good but wouldn't you think they would think about making loot share? So people don't steal loot and so it's not fair to other people?

I mean it could be like world of warcraft of rolling for the loot.

Torchlight II has a sick loot system. When player One opens a chest, it spawns loot for him and loot for player Two that exist seperately. Player One can't see player Two's loot or pick it up, and vice versa.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I'm starting to think I might be obligated to trying it being a big fan, even though I am pretty opposed to the Idea of a TES MMO. Atleast this isn't the way the series is going and just a side, or new platform all together. I'm cool with that.

But then I start to think how burnt out on MMO's I've gotten. I can't even look at them lol. it's been a year since I was in a WoW group that was really successful, and really close but I just got sooooo sick of Raiding. I couldn't put myself back thru years of anything like it again.

DovahCap

I'm starting to think I might be obligated to trying it being a big fan, even though I am pretty opposed to the Idea of a TES MMO. Atleast this isn't the way the series is going and just a side, or new platform all together. I'm cool with that.

But then I start to think how burnt out on MMO's I've gotten. I can't even look at them lol. it's been a year since I was in a WoW group that was really successful, and really close but I just got sooooo sick of Raiding. I couldn't put myself back thru years of anything like it again.

Yea, TES is just not suitable for MMOs.

Or, so we think. Maybe this new studeo will make a good MMO (and maybe a TES spin off, the TES Adventures - Redguard was), while Bethesda makes the next TES single player game.

Although, I wouldn't mind a co-op TES.

Hargood

Yea, TES is just not suitable for MMOs.

Or, so we think. Maybe this new studeo will make a good MMO (and maybe a TES spin off, the TES Adventures - Redguard was), while Bethesda makes the next TES single player game.

Although, I wouldn't mind a co-op TES.
The funny thing is, I like the Idea's they are bringing to the game... Like the PVP Aspect. (It seems alot like Dark Ages of Camelots old system, and that is the Only PvP that was worth anything) although I'll never play another MMO in this lifetime (Seriously burned out on MMO's lol)

but I wouldn't put any of this in a TES universe. The Whole "Bretons Side with Orcs" and Yada Yada is all WAY Far fetched for TES. I see so much "Retcon" coming down the pike to the Lore for this game, and the Lore was the last thing this game had going for it to a "TES fan".

and I agree on the Co-op. Seeing how Companions have worked out I think next time, we'll see it

DovahCap

The funny thing is, I like the Idea's they are bringing to the game... Like the PVP Aspect. (It seems alot like Dark Ages of Camelots old system, and that is the Only PvP that was worth anything) although I'll never play another MMO in this lifetime (Seriously burned out on MMO's lol)

but I wouldn't put any of this in a TES universe. The Whole "Bretons Side with Orcs" and Yada Yada is all WAY Far fetched for TES. I see so much "Retcon" coming down the pike to the Lore for this game, and the Lore was the last thing this game had going for it to a "TES fan".

BRETONS SIDING WITH ORCS?

I THOUGHT I KNEW EVERYTHING ABOUT TESO.

LINK NOW.

DovahCap

I don't have the link but there are three faction

Nords, Dunmer, Argonians
Altmer, Bosmer, Khajitt
Bretons, Redguards, Orcs

THAT IS A LORE BREAK.
RAAARGH.
OR ATLEAST NOT LOGICAL.
RAAARGH.

Hargood

THAT IS A LORE BREAK.
RAAARGH.
OR ATLEAST NOT LOGICAL.
RAAARGH.
Yep. They kind of forgot that the Tamerial world was written so long ago and the "Honorable Orc" Idea only came out with Warcraft II, III. Even the Original Warcraft had just came out during Arena, and even then the Orcs were still suppose to be the Bad Guys. The "World Of Warcraft-Green Jesus Guides us" idea's only came much later. I don't mind Orcs being a Playable race in the Elder Scrolls, because they earned their rights in Daggerfall, but Before that... They have to "Retcon" stuff to make this MMO work, and I'm just not "Ok" with that. :sadface:

I hate to sound like a "Nazi-Nerd" but to change crap around just to make an Shi**y MMO is still not cool to me. Even after this MMO fails and falls, the cruddy lore that's left behind will be in The Elder Scrolls IP forever. :sadface:

DovahCap

MAN RACES
ALTMER/BOSMER/KITTIES
ARGONIANS/ORCS/DUNMER (so they aren't left out, this last grouping's a bit poor though.)

:C

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
I will not be playing this, I hope all the people involved in making this get diarrhoea for a week.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts