The Elder Scrolls Online

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Yomite

When I heard news about it, I started to throw money at my screen but nothing happened... sadly :sadface:

Yomite

This better be on PS3, if not I will be forever pissed!

I highly doubt it. However, it would be really cool to have PS3/X360/PC Integration. For example, when you bought Portal 2 for PS3 you could play with PC users. But again, something this size will most likely stick to PC.

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
There are some real in-game footage now....
Its basically WoW. Seriously?
DAM YOU ZENIMAX!!!!!!

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Ah, yes, the joys of capitalism. They probably have worked out that enough people will pay for it whatever it is, so they will make a quick profit even if the game dies out in a year.

Which game do people think is the best MMO currently?

Yomite

There are some real in-game footage now....
Its basically WoW. Seriously?
DAM YOU ZENIMAX!!!!!!

Could you link us to this in-game footage? As much as I hate World of Warcraft, I would still be tempted to play ESO. The lore on it's own is enough to suck me in. I guess it will all come down to how much it costs monthly. I pray to the Divines that it'll be a one time payment!

Ah, yes, the joys of capitalism. They probably have worked out that enough people will pay for it whatever it is, so they will make a quick profit even if the game dies out in a year.

Do you really think Zenimax would do that to us? I guess you're right, as much as I hate to agree with you.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Which game do people think is the best MMO currently?
Probably Star Wars: The Old Republic. I haven't played it since beta testing it but I liked it a lot.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I'm still iffy about the whole TES MMO thing. I won't listen to what other people say nor pay for something I can't test first. Unless they allow a free trial for me to try it for myself then it won't matter to me because I won't get it.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
There will definitely be a free trial...

Co-op gameplay and lock-on targeting sound good to me, the article that Gandalf linked to sure makes it sound very appealing.

Seems to me all of the extreme negativity comes from people who think Morrowind and Oblivion are the best ever games....

I don't see how they can take out first person twitch-based combat and still call it Elder Scrolls. At its very core that's what Elder Scrolls is, and has never been anything else.

First-person twitch-based combat.... the worse aspect of Skyrim as far as I go... archaic animation and just lame all round...

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There will definitely be a free trial...
It's not really a free trial. They factor the price into the purchase cost for the software, but yes they do hold it out as a "free" trial.

The only real free trial is through beta testing.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
I read the gameinformer article about this, and it seems like just another version of WoW without the worlds, some species and most enemies. I'm not that serious when it comes to looking into the details of games, though, so if someone proves me wrong, please do not be that mean.

Homework

The Greybeards Master
Player vs player sounds good but wouldn't you think they would think about making loot share? So people don't steal loot and so it's not fair to other people?

I mean it could be like world of warcraft of rolling for the loot.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts