The Elder Scrolls Online To Use a Monthly Subscription

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HarleyQuinn

Administrator

It was announced during Gamescom 2013 that The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO) will use a monthly subscription model. According to Matt Firor, GM ZeniMax Online, using any other model would have forced them to make changes and sacrifices that they did thought would hurt the gaming experience. An initial purchase of The Elder Scrolls Online will cost gamers $60 USD. The subscription fee will be $15 per month, with one free month of usage included. There will also be a cash shop available to buy "fun" things that are not integral to the core gameplay.

The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO) is scheduled for release in 2014. For More information, visit the official website.

Gamescom is an annual video games trade fair held in Germany. According to an official Gamescom press release, 340,000 visitors were in attendance during its 2013 convention. For more information on Gamescom, visit the official website.

web-teso-1859ESO_Breton.jpgweb-teso-1860ESO_ColdHarbour_FlameAtronach.jpgweb-teso-1861ESO_Daedroth.jpgweb-teso-1862ESO_Deshaan.jpgweb-teso-1863ESO_FireAtronachs04.jpgweb-teso-1864ESO_RedguardArmor.jpgweb-teso-1865ESO_SpiderDaedra.jpgweb-teso-1866ESO_Stormhaven.jpg

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 62,828

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Boy, I hope for that price it will be good. For many peoples sake. Good to know though on the pricing range! Thanks!

HAple870

What a money making scam...what they mean is that it will cost 60 USD for the first month, and the following months it will be 15 USD per month to continue playing the game. I'm an Elder Scrolls fan certainly, but that's worse than Runescape. No F2P area?

Domino

To be honest, I think this is bullplops. I was waiting for MONTHS for it to be released! I even sent countless applications for the beta. And now they pull this stunt. It's like the FF MMO's....

utael

@lotus, please read actual press releases, they are planning xbox and PS releases as well as PC

It was announced during Gamescom 2013 that The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO) will use a monthly subscription model. According to Matt Firor, GM ZeniMax Online, using any other model would have forced them to make changes and sacrifices that they did thought would hurt the gaming experience. An initial purchase of The Elder Scrolls Online will cost gamers $60 USD. The subscription fee will be $15 per month, with one free month of usage included. There will also be a cash shop available to buy "fun" things that are not integral to the core gameplay.

The Elder Scrolls Online (TESO) is scheduled for release in 2014. For More information, visit the official website.

Gamescom is an annual video games trade fair held in Germany. According to an official Gamescom press release, 340,000 visitors were in attendance during its 2013 convention. For more information on Gamescom, visit the official website.

[Source: Tom's Hardware, Destructoid]

Im low income. The economy hit me hard, I got laid off from my job. I understand that game making is a business at heart, but I won't be able to play it. Looks like my Elderscrolls gameplay ends with Skyrim until they get rid of the monthly subscription fee.

I play online poker for cash, I actually stand a shot at making money playing that (and I do if anyone wants to know more about online gaming for real money send me a PM) , and besides the rake, it costs nothing.

But a game for pure entertainment that also costs $15 a month subscription? This is a wealthy persons form of entertainment, at least much wealthier than me. I don't understand why they would do this to their fan base when poverty in the United States is at the highest it's been in multiple decades. I could swing maybe $5 a month, but $15 and it's eating into essentials that I can't go without, such as gasoline for my car.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I'll still pay for this game, I think it's well worth it. And if I feel it's not, well... back to WoW.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts