• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Some screencaps from my 5 dragon battle mentioned above:

TESV 2014-11-29 20-56-58-58.png There were a multitude of other baddies involved in my battle. Here's a gargoyle and a gargoyle brute. I also had 2 bears, a mammoth and a sabre cat attack me.

TESV 2014-11-29 21-00-53-52.png Reupping on dragonhide after absorbing the soul of one of the 5

TESV 2014-11-29 21-09-11-68.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-16-04-08.png Finishing blow on one

TESV 2014-11-29 21-17-54-95.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-18-48-78.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-19-09-75.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-21-13-42.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-22-15-24.png
Kill shot on number 4

TESV 2014-11-29 21-24-22-51.png After getting into it I got pretty adept at dodging the Drain Vitality attack with a well timed jump

TESV 2014-11-29 21-25-04-90.png
Critical shot on number 5

TESV 2014-11-29 21-25-56-21.png
The fifth and final kill

TESV 2014-11-29 21-26-58-28.png The aftermath

--------
A few blooper moments

TESV 2014-11-29 21-04-13-82.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-04-16-62.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-06-23-82.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-06-25-05.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-07-20-72.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-07-21-62.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-07-22-50.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-07-24-28.png TESV 2014-11-29 21-09-54-27.png

Last edited:

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
My level one playthrough I have finally resolved to start. Doing it on adept so that the playing field is even between me and the AI.

Didn't follow the guy out of Helgen for once. Went out on my own. Met this guy, who thought he was something.
20141223_211123.jpg
Killed a spriggan, because I can at level one.
20141223_212227.jpg
Began my career as a bounty hunter. Poor chief never stood a chance.
20141223_214118.jpg
Another Spriggan, because I think I'm hard enough.
20141223_214757.jpg
Another one who talked a big talk.
20141223_220646.jpg
I had never seen this before at Bonestrewn Crest in all of my 3000+ hours
20141223_222034.jpg

LuChao

The Martial artist
I wish to have a challenge but have no way of proving they are done alas I shall never receive the title of Bada**

Staff member
I wish to have a challenge but have no way of proving they are done alas I shall never receive the title of Bada**
You can prove it by writing it out creatively and entertainingly :p

LuChao

The Martial artist
then how do people know I not faking

LuChao

The Martial artist
lol if only there was a way to be a badas* for having many builds done XD and yea good point lol wasn't sure if this thread was one of dont believe it till its seen lol

Staff member
We're going to blow up this site with pictures of our badassery.
20141226_213221.jpg

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
My level one playthrough I have finally resolved to start. Doing it on adept so that the playing field is even between me and the AI.

What prompted you to begin a level one pt? Are you going to be roleplaying, or just having at 'er?

Hopefully you will have just as much fun as I do with them!

Edit: And if I may add: You will see a lot of things you'd never seen prior to a level one pt. I'd wondered for the longest time what those coffins were there for. It wasn't until I began a level one pt that mystery was solved... Though it looks like you've already progressed too far, there is a fell tree and ambushed caravan East of Helgen before you talk to the blacksmith in Riverwood. Just another neat touch to Skyrim that most everyone will never witness.

Good luck in your experience!

Staff member

What prompted you to begin a level one pt? Are you going to be roleplaying, or just having at 'er?

Edit: And if I may add: You will see a lot of things you'd never seen prior to a level one pt. I'd wondered for the longest time what those coffins were there for. It wasn't until I began a level one pt that mystery was solved... Though it looks like you've already progressed too far, there is a fell tree and ambushed caravan East of Helgen before you talk to the blacksmith in Riverwood. Just another neat touch to Skyrim that most everyone will never witness.

The challenge of it, of course. And both, just depends on my mood. And already found that ambush, it was a fun fight, though an easy one.

Staff member

Also, the skeletons and ambush are not a result of being level one, just exploring. The skeletons specifically are a result of going to a word wall before the first dragon quest.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Just what is a Level 1 playthrough? Do you just go through the game and never level up? How do you get perks? Do you play without them? How do you ever defeat some of the bigger enemies? What about followers? Won't they always be at level 1 too? What about weapons and armor? Don't you want any of the good stuff?

Just wondering. I hear you guys doing this and I find myself intrigued.

Staff member

Just what is a Level 1 playthrough? Do you just go through the game and never level up? How do you get perks? Do you play without them? How do you ever defeat some of the bigger enemies? What about followers? Won't they always be at level 1 too? What about weapons and armor? Don't you want any of the good stuff?

A level 1 playthrough is doing everything possible at level 1 without leveling up. No perks. And with a great deal of practice, patience, and experience. Followers stay at their base level as well. And I could get daedric weapons and armor if I wanted at level 1, but it would trivialize the playthrough.

HouseHosted

Also, the skeletons and ambush are not a result of being level one, just exploring. The skeletons specifically are a result of going to a word wall before the first dragon quest.

The two went hand-in-hand for me. It wasn't until I'd decided to do a level one pt that I put off the the main questline. Figured you did the same. Your clarification for anyone else is helpful, I'm sure.

HouseHosted

Yea, what Gidian said. No perks, no levels, and no gear above Steel Plate. There are a few exceptions, but require knowledge of the game to acquire. The bigger enemies just take a crazy amount of preparation. It looks like Gidian has chosen to play on Adept, so he hasn't much worry. Any difficulty above that will require you to level up a combination of armour skills (takes an incredibly long time), schools of Alteration, namely for Paralyze; Alchemy, for poisons and such.... well, I think you get the picture.

A lot of the good stuff is available. There are a number of static items in-game. Yet again, this all requires prior knowledge. Though it helps a lot to know about the items and that, it isn't mandatory... It really just adds more colour. Of course, there are a few exceptions. Many of the Daedric artifacts are unavailable, and Orcish does not exist at all, except in weapons-- and even these are quite rare!

For a new experience with dashes of creativity, I'd certainly recommend a level one pt. As I said earlier, you'll do a lot of things that you'd never done before. And some of the rewards for doing so are great!

And I could get daedric weapons and armor if I wanted at level 1, but it would trivialize the playthrough.

Hmmm... Well, if you're worried about trivializing your gameplay, turn it up a notch!

Staff member

Yea, what Gidian said. No perks, no levels, and no gear above Steel Plate. There are a few exceptions, but require knowledge of the game to acquire. The bigger enemies just take a crazy amount of preparation. It looks like Gidian has chosen to play on Adept, so he hasn't much worry. Any difficulty above that will require you to level up a combination of armour skills (takes an incredibly long time), schools of Alteration, namely for Paralyze; Alchemy, for poisons and such.... well, I think you get the picture.

A lot of the good stuff is available. There are a number of static items in-game. Yet again, this all requires prior knowledge. Though it helps a lot to know about the items and that, it isn't mandatory... It really just adds more colour. Of course, there are a few exceptions. Many of the Daedric artifacts are unavailable, and Orcish does not exist at all, except in weapons-- and even these are quite rare!

For a new experience with dashes of creativity, I'd certainly recommend a level one pt. As I said earlier, you'll do a lot of things that you'd never done before. And some of the rewards for doing so are great!

And I could get daedric weapons and armor if I wanted at level 1, but it would trivialize the playthrough.

Hmmm... Well, if you're worried about trivializing your gameplay, turn it up a notch!
Is that a challenge?
WdbLYkF.gif

This playthrough was originally one of experimentation and leisure, but if you are formally challenging me, I will go full masochist (which is exactly what the higher difficulties are, and why I avoid them when I am playing casually).

HouseHosted

Haha! 'Full masochist', he says! I like that...

Well, you don't have to think of it as a formal challenge, Gidian. Think of it like a gentle suggestion to man up.

I'm not sure how long it's been since I played this game casually... That's a bloody good idea. I think I'll try a Redguard with that in mind.

Cheers

Staff member
Haha! 'Full masochist', he says! I like that...

Well, you don't have to think of it as a formal challenge, Gidian. Think of it like a gentle suggestion to man up.

I'm not sure how long it's been since I played this game casually... That's a bloody good idea. I think I'll try a Redguard with that in mind.

Cheers
Your attempts at belittling me are amusing. However, if you don't have the backbone to challenge me outright, I'm afraid I cannot formally accept your challenge. However, just to prove a point, I will slay an Elder Dragon at level 1 and take 0 damage from him. Maybe a few giants until I can get there, just to hold you over.

HouseHosted

hmmm... Well, see that's the problem right there. Slaying a Dragon without taking damage is easy-- at any level... Honestly this topic reminds me a lot of Crawmerax speed kills. There was a fellow who could take out Crawmerax in ~10 secs as Mordecai with a Penetrator... Oh, I love Dahl! ...Anyways, because I know you hold it so dear, to truly impress me, you'd need to take out an Elder Dragon with a Woodcutter's Axe on Legendary at level one. One-Handed and Smithing shouldn't exceed 50. A combination of Shiv and WC Axe doesn't seem too overpowered either. You could do that too.

Late edit: Oh, and that Redguard you convinced me to start is coming along quite well... I'm enjoying a bit of lax progression, in a way I'd forgotten even existed. You know, it pays off to take a breath every now and then, eh?

Last edited:

Staff member
hmmm... Well, see that's the problem right there. Slaying a Dragon without taking damage is easy-- at any level... Honestly this topic reminds me a lot of Crawmerax speed kills. There was a fellow who could take out Crawmerax in ~10 secs as Mordecai with a Penetrator... Oh, I love Dahl! ...Anyways, because I know you hold it so dear, to truly impress me, you'd need to take out an Elder Dragon with a Woodcutter's Axe on Legendary at level one. One-Handed and Smithing shouldn't exceed 50. A combination of Shiv and WC Axe doesn't seem too overpowered either. You could do that too.

Late edit: Oh, and that Redguard you convinced me to start is coming along quite well... I'm enjoying a bit of lax progression, in a way I'd forgotten even existed. You know, it pays off to take a breath every now and then, eh?
I've already slayed dragons bare handed and in the nude. Besides which, an Elder Dragon on master gets an auto finishing move under those circumstances. On Legendary it is nothing less than idiotic. And besides which, dual wielding for the fight is utterly retarded. You are sacrificing block bashes, and you would die painfully.

This was funny at first, but I'm not entertaining your trolling any longer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts