• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    What I was imagining is that he is tortured within the confines of the arena, but they also hope to draw the siblings there by having Rolard on public display?

What do you think?
    Maybe. But would they really risk the possibility of their only source of information dying in the arena or escaping in the chaos within the inner working? There are far too many unknown variables for any competent antagonist to do more than imprison and torture him in the arena, since it *is* a nigh inescapable prison. But he would be kept on a short leash and would spend the vast majority of the time in a Cell. If it was an important enough interrogation, they would also have the Elite Guards on hand to torture you, and you would NOT be able to resist their torture indefinitely. There are some trained specifically for the purposes of torture and possess a great deal of skill with illusion magic (more so than the others, as it is a generally useful tree of magic for keeping prisoners in line and breaking up fights).

Staff member
    To clarify, while you wouldn't be able to escape the arena as a whole if they lost you, it would be extremely difficult for them to re-acquire you as long as you kept your wits about you and slummed it with the lowest of the low (whose life expectancy is so low no records are kept).

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Hmm, offering a sword to a low-ranking character would get Kiyoshi into the city, provided the buyer has adequate coin. Hang on! I got an idea!

Speciality swords are rather expensive, and the travel would tack on some extra fees as well. The buyer could try and cheap-skate Kiyoshi and through a rather heated argument - because travel is dangerous - Kiyoshi could lose his temper, assault the man, draw the attention of the guards, and get thrown into the arena. What do you think?

Staff member
    Hmm, offering a sword to a low-ranking character would get Kiyoshi into the city, provided the buyer has adequate coin. Hang on! I got an idea!

Speciality swords are rather expensive, and the travel would tack on some extra fees as well. The buyer could try and cheap-skate Kiyoshi and through a rather heated argument - because travel is dangerous - Kiyoshi could lose his temper, assault the man, draw the attention of the guards, and get thrown into the arena. What do you think?
    The dangerous travel would definitely cause the price to increase A LOT. That would definitely work.

Staff member
    I've decided on a design for the Arena Champion. It COULD change in the future depending on if I change my mind or not, but that's unlikely.

The reason I'm telling you all this is because his renown would be so great that all of this would be considered common knowledge.

The name he is known by is Interitus. Whether or not this is his real name is up for debate. Regardless, this is the name that he goes by now.

Interitus is an Argonian with black and sapphire blue scales. He's above average height, but despite the extremely exaggerated tales surrounding him he is not giant sized, although 6'6" isn't short and he is quite muscular.

Something that is extremely unusual about him, however, is his age. No one knows exactly how old he was, but he was mature before he came to the arena, and he came to the arena in the early days of its rise to prominence. His scales have grown wild, and are wickedly sharp, serving as natural weapons as well as natural defenses. For indeed, his scales are like armor all their own. Even his horns are wickedly proportioned, and he looks every bit a monster straight out of the deepest depths of Oblivion. It is unlikely that he is still a rational, sentient being, as when the arena overpopulates they begin to starve him, only to throw him into the ring with countless excess prisoners. It draws in quite the crowd.

He is completely undefeated, and the closest he has come to losing was when the former Archmage of the Wizard's guild was thrown in. This was one of the few occasions that Interitus actually used a weapon other than hand to hand combat, but regardless of the weapons he's been seen to use, and despite his apparent decreased level of sentience, he has proven to be an absolute master of every weapon he has picked up.

Note that he has been known to slaughter entire mobs single handedly, and there was one "incident" where he broke the chains, as well as the solid wall they were connected to, then broke through the steel gate keeping him contained and went on a rampage throughout the inner confines of the arena. The death toll was on par with that of a natural disaster.

Staff member
    This is NOT an opponent we are meant to be able to defeat. At least not under normal circumstances.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Soooooooooo basically he's endgame? :p

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Soooooooooo basically he's endgame? :p

I wouldn't think so. Gidian did say we wouldn't be able to defeat him under normal circumstances, so an Arena battle is out of the question. I'm getting the impression that he is our deadline. We only have so long before they pit us against him, that is, if we don't die first. However, I would assume our characters would run into him at some point, whether or not he'll be the last line of attack for the arena to prevent our escape, in which case our characters have to turn the tide in their favor; or something we have to escape from - forcing one or two characters to sacrifice themselves so the rest have enough time to get out. I've seen those scenarios used often, but both are good. However, Gidian hasn't followed much of any of the "commonly used paths." So I don't know what he's got planned.

.....That reminds me, I doubt the arena is our biggest concern. The way Gidian set up the intro seems like this plot goes much deeper than the arena alone. A way to mask what's really going on. I'm interested to see where this ends up.

Oh well, just my two cents on the matter. I'm probably waaaay off though :)

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Why am I reading everything in Kirito's voice!?

I mean he's a good narrator and all, but....

I've been watching too much SAO...

Staff member

If you have watched it far enough to get into the elf world where they can fly, you have watched too much.

Staff member
    Writing Skadi’s perspective has been slow going since I have an Xbone now. I am up to the point where they are trying to tackle the Boar. It hopefully shouldn't be too much longer before I finish, but I was really hoping @fellowknight would have left a post or something to at least say if he's busy or something. Either last week or the week before I DID see his activity as viewing the IC thread. Haven't seen him since.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast

If you have watched it far enough to get into the elf world where they can fly, you have watched too much.

Don't spoil it for me, Gidian. I'm only at the halfway - not even - halfway point of the first season. It's not long after Kirito and Asuna saved Thinker and met the...AI kid.

Staff member
    Enjoy every second of it as if it were the last! As soon enough you'll wish it had been...

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'm not gonna think about what that could mean.

Trust me, I'm enjoying the hell out of it...I laughed so hard when Asuna and Kirito fought over the frog legs.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    utwoots_sword_art_online_-_12_720pbc971091-mkv_snapshot_08-56_2014-05-31_16-07-3.jpg

HAHAHA!

Attachments

• Sword-Art-Online-Kirito-and-Asuna-Frog-Leg.png.cf.png
      Sword-Art-Online-Kirito-and-Asuna-Frog-Leg.png.cf.png
      317.3 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ok, I'm done. I'll be serious now.

Staff member
    A few more paragraphs (one or two tops) and it will be caught up to current events. I'll be thinking about how I'm going to move us forward, but I have a plan.

Cap, how well is Maere going to be able to handle the injuries of Gidian and possible injuries of Baroth? Belzebub and Dolun will get beat up pretty bad too, but nowhere near as severely. I plan on reserving the Wolf's ascension for last, if we survive that far.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts