• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I don't much like time skipping. We can fast forward a bit, but the empty space should be filled with something at least. We'll see when we get there. It should be simple enough to arrange

Yeah, I just mean a two week fast forward so that it only takes one post from each of us to go through two weeks. But in our posts we fill it with whatever happens. Which could be training or whatever you suggest. It's mostly being suggested because it helps me a lot, but I'm certain it can help all of you as well. Because I'm seperated it's easier for me to do it, but I hope you guys still fast forward because I've got some seriously cool stuff going on. Plus, with how long this RP has been going and how little time has passed in RP time it'll help make our characters as homesick as I feel they should be! XD

I write about Nathan missing his sister back home then realise it's been like a day.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I've been copying and pasting my writing all the time because of huge losses I've had and for some reason I've lost such a huge chunk?? Half of it's there but I wrote so bloody much. I wrote two weeks in advance because even if you didn't time fast forward, I'd be set until you caught up. I wrote an arena fight too and it was awesome. Now I've got to do it all again, but bloody hell, I didn't even lose the whole thing. Normally it's a case of losing a file or a note being deleted. This time it's just as it someone has gone in and removed just half of it. I don't understand :sadface:
    Tried desperately to find it saved somewhere else just in case.

But I prided myself on being way ahead of schedule, now I've got bits and pieces missing all throughout the post that I've got to fill in :sadface:

This post is basically just me moping :sadface:

Just
    This makes no sense.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I've been copying and pasting my writing all the time because of huge losses I've had and for some reason I've lost such a huge chunk?? Half of it's there but I wrote so bloody much. I wrote two weeks in advance because even if you didn't time fast forward, I'd be set until you caught up. I wrote an arena fight too and it was awesome. Now I've got to do it all again, but bloody hell, I didn't even lose the whole thing. Normally it's a case of losing a file or a note being deleted. This time it's just as it someone has gone in and removed just half of it. I don't understand :sadface:
    Tried desperately to find it saved somewhere else just in case.

But I prided myself on being way ahead of schedule, now I've got bits and pieces missing all throughout the post that I've got to fill in :sadface:

This post is basically just me moping :sadface:

Just
    This makes no sense.
    Ouch... I think most of us sympathize with you on losing posts. Sucks

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Yeah, but at least I didn't lose it all. I don't understand why I lost any of it though. It's just a huge chunk in the file. I've never heard of that happening before and I know everything was saved properly and that I didn't do it by accident.

But it's alright, with the increased activity here my motivation to write on it has also increased. I will be able to fix it.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Speaking of which, whatever happened to Hjalund? (Probably butchered his name, Sorry. XD) Did he ever say anything about posting an intro since you added him?

Staff member
    I do not believe @Skyrimosity is going to post, and I haven't heard anything from @fellowknight. So I will give it a little time. If we hear nothing from them it will be us 3 planning and coordinating the fight sequence using their characters as NPCs until we can bench them.

Staff member
    In the mean time I will be considering new recruits. I do not believe random people from a recruitment thread will do. We will have to do some groundwork scouting and reach out to people whom we can trust to evaluate their interest. With the slow pace of this RP scheduling shouldn't be a problem, though less members could mean a faster pace in the future.

Staff member
    What do y'all say? Wonna just keep it us so maybe we can move along faster and only consider those members which reach out to us, or would you rather me actively try and russle up some new recruits? Personally I have no qualms with keeping it tight knit for now so that we can get things moved along. I have a plan to safely remove all comatose members without having to kill them.

But first we have to get through this combat, which I would rather not rush for the sake of rushing. I would rather have a discussion between the three of us, especially with you @CapObvious, to produce the plans for our post OOC first. The upside of lots of inactive writers is that we can more or less script them like NPCs, which should speed us along even more. Less people to coordinate with.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I really just want our pals back, but I don't think it's worth trying to find others. The best thing that could happen is the crew comes back, the worst is one of you guys also drops out.

Which I doubt will happen.

Although this decision has an impact on you guys more since at the moment I don't have anybody to coordinate with no matter what happens. I've stopped writing because I'm exactly 2 weeks ahead of this unfinished fight. I found out what deleted my posts, if I go back and write sometimes it'll remove what's ahead. So going back to edit is risky.

When you finish the fight, whenever that may be, I should be good to post but it depends on if you do the fast forward or not. If not, I may have to tough out two weeks in RP time. And considering we've got 6 RP pages and 63 OOC... Oh man.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Yeah, let's through the combat first, and park everyone who disappeared, after that, I'd say we should just keep it among us until we get far enough ahead that we can feel comfortable adding more to the mix again. Hopefully our old friends will return, but I'm slightly skepticl.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Also, I will be on at least once a day from now on, now that I have the time. So I will be able to collaborate with you all whenever you need me. Just hit me up!

Staff member
    Then we're agreed! The first challenge is going to set the fight up to feel natural, thinking about it so far. The first order of business is going to be the approach. Obviously the other team is gonna be cocky and they're gonna play up to the crowd. This means their approach is going to be rather straightforward, showy, and reckless. But also extremely powerful and unified.

Staff member
    By contrast I think our group's approach is gonna be slower, more cautious, but also much less unified and rather sloppy as several strangers adjust to the noise and working with each other for the first time in a serious fight.

But how to translate that into words and specific actions...

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Happy New Year!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts