• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Maere's eyes went a bit round, as not only did he answer her question, (which alone was a feat beyond imagining, from his personality), but he included details that she hadn't anticipated. But it was more than enough to explain what exactly brought Spero and Gidian here. She shifted her weight on her other leg, soaking in the information as he spoke. The look on his face gave the impression that he didn't believe any of this was relevant, or even her business. Which he was right. In this situation, it did seem unnecessary at best, nosy or prying at worst. But it was important to her. She wanted to know these people. Her life depended on them, and whether they acknowledged it or not, theirs on her. She spoke again, not willing to miss the opportunity to know more.

"I do admit my question was rather...vague." She said, not letting his look faze her. "But that was more than enough to answer your involvement, so I can say that question is answered." She moved a bit closer, keeping her eyes on him. "You say you've been here before. Got your start here. That answers what you were saying to the elite guard. But you also said that you were sent here to get her out. By her parents. Who are nobles. Why would she be here in the first place, if she is of royal blood? Surely they wouldn't put her in battle like this? She'd be a far better bargaining tool, used as blackmail for money by...whoever is in charge of this place." She looked about, pondering still. That much sounded like common sense. Even to someone who believed putting someone like Spero in here was abhorrent, her worth as nobility would go further than spilling her blood here. Her mind realized it was drifting, and she shook her head, looking back to Gidian. She realized that she didn't really have any more substantial questions at the moment, and she knew any further line of questioning would lead to Gidian getting bull headed. She couldn't afford to push him away now. She wasn't going to last long in here on her own.

She spoke up again. "No, I won't bother you with my questioning anymore. I believe this will suffice." She stepped further away, but looked back to him as she steadied the staff in her hand. "But I will warn you. I will have more later. I hope you will remain this forthcoming then." She then made her way to Spero, giving her one gear one more look, for Spero's safety, as well as her own peace of mind. Thanks to Gidian's explanation, it showed that Spero was now more of a target than before.

She wasn't going to lose her only friend, not if she could help it.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Sorry Gid. I had lost track of time, didn't realize so much time had passed. I didn't mean to take that long.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    It's fine :p

It looks like the post is together now, so you can go ahead and post it. You can have an exclusive PoV in yor post, as I'm probably not going to post Gidian's :p

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Aye aye, boss. Gonna go ahead and do that when I get home. Can't afford another delay.

Staff member
    I loved it Cap. There was a part where you included Gidian's (it feels so weird to type that while it's my username) perspective, which seemed odd though I understand you probably didn't have time to pretty up the copy/paste job.

Next, we assume we are all gathered round the table we're converging at, and we start hashing out our characters' strategizing together before the fight.

This can be brief, more than likely. Just formation type stuff, and advice to the less experienced in the group, etc. Since we don't know IC what we're up against, there's not much else I could see happening.

I can work on putting a post together to get us started, I don't think a great deal of OOC work will be warranted. If one of you guys want to open for this part, you're more than welcome.

@Skyrimosity I will expect a post or some form of expression of interest soon, else I'll have to have Belzebub fade into the background.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Shoot, where did I leave it in at? I'll correct it now.

Hjalund Erikson

The Madman! o.0
    Here to apply for this RP, here goes nothing (Only been RPing for about a year, still room for improvement)

CC first:

Name: Maximus Delcius Vulso

Race: Imperial

Height: 6"2'

Eye color: Heterochromia iridum (Left Eye Blue, Right Eye Green)

Hair: Raven black, short cut

Scars: Sabercat claw right face, several sword and burn scars across chest and back

Armor: Armor of Thorns

Armament: Spear of Thorns

Misc: Maximus suffers from amnesia, not remembering anything past when he woke up one day in the wilderness of Skyrim with his strange armor and weapon.

Personality
    • Honesty
    • Justice
    • Unique traits/armor/weapons
    • Hunting
    • Slaughtering bandits
    Dislikes:
    • Lies
    • Adhering to the norm
    • Daedra
    • Being bored
    • Corruption

Personal Quirks
    • Tends to lose focus easily
    • Cannot resist a good woman
    • Easily annoyed by what he classifies as stupidity
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a sample post, to display the best of my writing skills.

Whiterun, as usual, is bustling with activity. Being right smack in the center of Skyrim, it is the main hub of all sorts of trade and caravans. Or, adventurers seeking a good place to rest before going out to hunt a giant or two.

This and many other things are on Maximus' mind as he passes the Warmaiden, nodding to the woman currently hammering away at a piece of metal. Ignoring the comments of rude children, annoying guards, and giving a death-promising stare to one certain Redguard who thought himself superior to others for 'going to the Cloud District' or something or another. Why Maximus should give a damn, he'll never know...

He shakes his head, who's features are covered in a wolf-like helmet, as he reaches the place he is looking for. Through the market and up the stairs, lies the entrance to the famed Bannered Mare, a tavern with good drinks and beautiful women, as well as good stories. An all around fine place to pass the time and get a room for the night. When he pushes the door open, his head pivots around, steel eyes scanning the room before heading over to the bar and slapping a few septims on the bar, removing his helmet and setting it in front of him when his mead arrives. He gives a nod to a nearby mercenary, before downing his pint.

Staff member
    I'm gonna leave it to you guys to review and vote on the new applicant. I will be distracted by trying to write a post amid my homework and lack of energy

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I'm for all for it, he can write.

I'm just casually sitting here in my military compound ready to fire this mini nuke.

Aka, waiting till you guys catch up with where my post ends so I can post it. Aka when you fight.

Staff member
    Well, I would count on it because you seem to be able to write and your CC is good. it's just they are slow

Hjalund Erikson

The Madman! o.0
    I just looked at some of ya'll's posts and... I am scared as hell by them. How am I gonna be able to match up to them when my average RP post is about a paragraph long? Maybe two or three, at most. I feel so... well, inadequate compared to them. Also, I can't seem to post a link to my google docs character sheet...

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Well, this could be a chance to work on that. Trust me, length isn't everything when it comes to making a good post. It's more about substance; putting effort into your writing. So as long as you post quality work, you should be able to make one to two paragraphs work. But I think you'll make it up to a greater length in no time. Gods know I have since I joined here.

I was a little hesitant to have another hat tossed in, but after some thought I can say I'm up for letting Hjalund join. Should the others say the same, which I don't doubt they will, I'll be looking forward to your post.

Also, Gidian, I am offended, when have I ever been slo- Gods, I can't even type that with a straight face. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts