• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Okay. Sorry for the hold up. Had a bit of an issue getting an idea together myself. But I have an idea or two that I'm tossing around, and I wanted to clear them with you before I threw it up there blindly.

The most fleshed out one, first. When Gidian saved Maere, he said some things that gave bits away, and that he was thrilled she had forgotten. Would you be against me bringing those up now, or would he even give any sort of concrete answer instead of just blowing her off?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    More or less concrete answer with a few exceptions.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Excellent. I'll throw something up soon then to get things started.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Maere continued to look about as the others got ready, as she did so, her mind wandered. Her thoughts traced through out the day, thinking over the time she had spent getting here.

Further than even she would have imagined, frankly. Her luck with situations like these seemed akin to the beginning plot to your average droll mystery novels she would read.

Well, except for who would investigate. It wouldn't be the guard, but mostly Do'Vassal scouring the province, hunting down those responsible and tearing out their throats.

He was...efficient like that.

Her mind shook away the sight of blood-faced khajiit as more recent events came into mind. Mostly when she was nearly removed from this all entirely. When the Elite Guard had tried to remove her from the arena entirely. Her mind wandered as she thought of where she would have gone, but realized it was futile shortly after. The moment was over, the location lost to the past. But the thought did linger some still.

Could it really have been much worse than all of this?

But a more interesting thought came to mind. Something she had ignored mostly, but something she had decided that should be brought to light, even if it was just to her. She had heard his comments to the Nord from earlier, but her curiosity was getting the better of her.

Gidian knew more about this than anyone else in the party, as far as she could figure. His conversation with the Elite proved that much. But what exactly gave him this knowledge.

She moved over to Gidian, her eyes watching his, ready to catch any sort of hesitance, resistance, or even signs of resentment, that would no doubt come from her line of questioning. But she was ready to fight for the knowledge all the same.

She felt she had the right to know what the hell was going on.

She spoke up, still quietly enough that Gidian wouldn't chastise her for being too loud with this information. She didn't want to end up like those guards. Especially since he was probably still a bit sore from those bolts to the back from before.

"Gidian," She started, nearly hesitating. "I wanted to talk about what happened, with the guard." He looked to her, his eyes began to narrow, just as she had anticipated, but she continued. "You two spoke for awhile while I was under his spell. Long enough for me to catch something you said to him." She inhaled before she spoke. "You know more than you've let on and I want to know what's going on here." She watched his eyes as her resolve strengthened and wavered both, waiting to see what the man would say.

Would he brush it off, or answer plain?

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    There we go. Sorry about that. Needed to roll it around a little before I could put it down. Hopefully it'll be a decent starting point to get us moving again.

Staff member
    Sorry it took me so long to get around to it. My phone no longer sends me updates via email, and I've spent all day trying to kill a rather stubborn boss in a rather annoying video game...

I'll begin working on a reply, however I'm going to try and start small due to being trapped on my phone. I'll just cover the important stuff for now, and worry about the fluffy details for later.

Staff member
    I would like to ask a question of you first. How up to date is Maere on current events, and how knowledgeable is she of the goings on specifically in Cyrodiil?

Staff member
    Especially in regards to the Emperor, to further clarify.

Give me a number from 1 to 10 if you feel it will help :p

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    As far as Maere is concerned, she isn't up to date for the most part. Her focus was on the company and her work. Even though these both brought her to cyrodiil, she has no clue why they were brought there, but assumes it has something to do with what she's gotten herself into now. Unfortunately she's clueless for now.

As for a scale, I'd say 3/10. She got the TL;DR option and fell asleep halfway through. :D

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Soo, being that Baroth was the main prier behind the Emperor's on-goings, would he need to respond in any according way or would a simple brow-raise suffice?

Staff member
    Soo, being that Baroth was the main prier behind the Emperor's on-goings, would he need to respond in any according way or would a simple brow-raise suffice?
    That's up to your discretion. The way this conversation will work, it will be private between Maere and Gidian (I'm assuming Maere intercepted Gidian before he got to the table he and Dolun were heading towards).

Staff member
    However, I could make it public or have it lead into something else if all of you guys want to get in on it too. I'm not done writing it, after all.

Skyrimosity

Running a bit late; my bad

Staff member
    Gidian's eyes narrowed in response to Maere's question, assessing her. He had been expecting to have to explain something to her eventually, but he hadn't had a lot of time to think about it. He also had no way of knowing exactly how much she remembered. So, he resigned himself to whatever came of this preemptively. He was going to have to think on his feet, and he disguised this thinking with a shift of his weight from one foot to the other, his left hand absently rubbing his bruised back, and his right arm supporting some of his weight on a shelf as he motioned for Dolun to go ahead. Dolun raised an eyebrow, but moved ahead to the table without comment.

"'What's going on here'? Isn't it obvious?" Gidian's tone was impassive but still mocking. His brown eyes were dark in the shadows cast by his face, but reflected a slight amount of amusement. But only slight. Maere could have, after all, started with a more direct approach, or a clearer line of questioning if she knew more than she claimed. But, she didn't seem to know what she didn't know, and telling her nothing or too little would only fester into a problem down the line.

He decided to be direct. "I was hired," there was another glint of amusement as the memory of Skadi's older sister and how he came upon his present circumstances flashed by in his mind, "to get Spero out of here alive." He paused briefly, coming to terms with the fact that he would have to settle this now, with as few questions left unanswered as possible, or risk Skadi being discovered. He didn't want Maere reasoning out her true origin, at least not until he was sure of her.

"She's a a young noble caught in the crossfire of a bloody political struggle, and I'm the hired thug her pompous parents hired to get her out. They hired me because I have a history with this place. It's where I started my career, after all. Now do you have any specific questions? Make them count. We're stressed for time, here." He didn't want to get too specific, too elaborate left more room for mistakes. His expression was one of resigned annoyance, as outwardly he saw this as a pointless discussion, but inwardly knew that he couldn't afford to push these people too far away just yet, especially not the only one Skadi had likely become attached to, and especially not just before a fight.

Staff member
    Even if it's just one or two lines, you don't have to do a complete post. You just gotta do enough to keep the conversation going, and we can string the details together when we post in the actual RP

Staff member
    *pokes head in*
    I'm not required yet am I?
    Oh good, I see some progress.

Staff Morale increased.
    Metal Gear Solid 5 reference spotted :p

Not yet, but we're getting there. Really we just need Sky to either post or pass, although depending on if everyone else is ready or not we may have to move things along faster than planned.

Our first real combat is so close...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts