• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    I think I'll stick around and try my hand at this, but I was just bringing up some concerns of mine.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I'm going to have to get some sleep now. Night/morning.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I don't like to talk myself up but I got a D+ in writing class. I think you will be quite impressed.
    Kidding.
    But I will develop him as believably as I can.

Staff member
    They would have to be pretty dang proven and amazing with their writing for me to just opt you out like that. You have the spotlight, I will be waiting for your CC.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Out of curiosity, do most people know Skadi is an heir to the emperor, and if they do do they know about how they aren't exactly... Getting along?

Last edited:

Staff member
    Out of curiosity, does most people know Skadi is an heir to the emperor, and if they do do they know about how they aren't exactly... Getting along?
    She is the second heir after her older sister. Most everyone in the palace knows about her, and the Emperor doesn't keep his distaste for his daughters a secret. The older one absorbs most of the... well for lack of a more fitting word, torture. Those not reallynconnected with the palace know of Skadi, and there is a general dislike for her, but largely no one knows what she actually looks like. I wil clarify the situation in the Emperor's CC, to give you a better idea of what we're up against and the situation of the daughters. If you've read the Lumeteran Chronicles (or however it's spelled) you'll be able to guess what's going on before I finish the CC and get it up. I warn you about the Emperor, he's not going to be a pushover, and is extremely dangerous. He's going to be an equivalent of a final boss or mission, us either taking him out by means of cloak and dagger, or a direct confrontation. The direct confrontation is much more appealing to me, but it depends on what we want to do once our characters get a chance to mull it over.

Staff member
    General Information

Name: Frigus Furor Acerbus

Race: Nord

Birth Date: Unknown

Birth Place: Unknown

Birthsign: The Lord

Class: Corruptor

Height: 6'

Weight: 167 Ibs.

Build: Fit, obviously takes care of himself

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Married

Properties: Emperor of The Empire

Affiliations: Unknown beyond the obvious.

Afflictions: Mad, cursed, unknown

Religion: He is all too aware of the Aedra an Daedra, but he seems to worship something else...

Patron Deity: Unknown

Habits: (I'd like to develop these in an RP so it feels more natural)

Hobbies: Amassing power and spreading ruin, unknown...

Positive traits: Extremely intelligent, cunning, strong, durable, determined, strong sense of purpose, charismatic, political mastermind, but maybe, just maybe, there is a human in there somewhere...

Negative Traits: Almost everything about him, extremely manipulative, talented liar..

Likes/Loves: Same as his hobbies, though deep down there might be something human left, it is largely unknown just what he loves...

Dislikes/Hates: People, Aedra, Daedra, and his daughters (at least one of them for sure)

Fears: His greatest fear has already been realized, and he lives with it every day.

Aspirations: Unknown

Appearance

Hair Length: Long, shoulder length

Hair Color: Black and some grey

Facial Hair: Well kept beard

Facial Hair Color: Black and some grey

Eye Color: Blue

Skin Color: Medium skin tone

Scars: Unknown

Casual Attire: Emperor's robes and a decorative sword

Armour: Emperor's armour and unknown

Skills

Master: destruction, illusion, conjuration, light armour, agility, speech, alteration, twisted restoration

Expert: Alchemy(specializes in poison)

Adept: Sneaking, one handed (with swords and knives)

Apprentice: Archey, blocking, heavy armour

Novice: Everything else.

Gear: Unknown, emperor's sword

History

Very little is known, as he has done a very good job of covering his tracks and origins. He has been a longtime citizen of the empire, and was a great warrior as well as possessing a very high level of intelligence. He was also royalty, and he rose up in the chain quickly. He seemed to have started out a good man, and when the time came, he seemed to be the best emperor. But something changed, and something snapped. He disappeared with the most trusted members of his retinue, and they all returned, changed. The emperor and his retinue also came back with powerful magic abilities.

As for his reign, he took power some time after the Great War ended, after the death of the Mede Dynasty. He started out well enough, but suddenly began to drive the Empire to ruin. This was after he returned with his retinue from their mysterious journey, and it is interesting that they all came back seemingly infertile, for none of them had more children afterwards. This seemed to be an unforeseen consequence, and a prophecy from the divines told that only one member of the royal family, one with vengeful blood, would end the curse with the birth of a child. Determined to have a male heir at any cost, he turned his wrath and attention to his daughters, whom had already been quite neglected. He expected one of them to break the curse, and in an attempt to protect her younger sister, the older of the two prophecised herself as the only one who could break the curse, and that if anyone tried to lay with any other member of the royal family, the gods would have their vengeance and the curse would remain permanent. And so, you can only imagine what became of her after that. A terrible reputation was spread about the sisters, possibly endorsed by the king, and they are without respect among the subjects throughout the land. They are despised. They are blamed for the majority of the kingdom's problems, including the recent decline in Aedric and Daedric influence of any form. The people as a whole seemed to be cursed, and at the urging of the people, assassins seemed to come from all over to take a shot at the sisters. There was a sizable bounty on both their heads, funded entirely by the people, who were constantly adding to the already substantial amount. The king still needed the sisters alive though, to break his own curse. The second being kept alive in case the first fails.

Remarkably, he has a great many people wrapped around his finger. There is obviously some unrest, but people don't entirely dislike their emperor. that is, until he reveals some of his true colors to them.

Credit to Rextoret for the format of this CC

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    There is a lot here that is under detailed and it isn't underdeveloped, consider this CC a gun and I left out a lot of ammo. I got lots of back up, so any place that wasn't shot enough and I can correct that.

Also appearance is obviously not created by me.

I feel like you will be disappointed at the length and depth of this, but I can add more if you want. The character wont change, just how much information I gave you. I left out his personality and all that sort of depth, and if that's a problem I can provide some idea there.

Name: Nathan
    Sex: Male
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Eye colour: Dark blue (different from pic I think)
    Appearance:
    Richard_Cypher.jpg

Gear:Nathan possesses a custom made ebony blade that has the same shape as a glass blade, only it is made of Ebony and is a very dark colour. The handle is crimson.

He also handles a silver bow, that his father gave him.

History: Nathan was born and raised in the outskirts of the imperial city, just out into the forest. He would make regular trips into the city to sell off the pelts and meat he didn't use, but other than that he lived off the land with his family. His family consisted of his mother, father, sister and uncle.

Nathan got his unique sword from his uncle, who says it is enchanted. Nathan has never come across a soul gem and does not have the means to capture souls so therefore is unable to charge it and possibly find out what its enchantment is. He knows he could buy one, but his family aren't doing too well off as it is and therefore he will not waste money on a gem due to the ravings of a lunatic.

When Nathans mother passed away, he and his sister spent their saved up gold on a shack on the waterfront leaving their father and uncle behind.

One day, when their father came to visit them he got into some legal trouble and the emperor ordered his execution. Nathan rarely ever speaks of this event to anyone, so few other than his sister and uncle know about it.

Nathan is relatively secluded from most of the events that take place in The Imperial City, however from his house he can see the large cosmopolitan city and it is beautiful.

Last edited:

Staff member
    You do realize I watched like every episode of Legend of the Seeker, right? XD

As long as you feel you can write the character well, I'm okay with it. But try to flesh him out a bit more. You're in.

Staff member
    Are you sure you can keep up with the RP from Australia though? Our timezones are really different (I'm in Muricah and you're in Australia)

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I don't see how I can't keep up, as long as I post once every twenty four hours.
    Legend of the seeker is awesome, me creating a character with a LOTS appearance is long overdue :p

Also I have his personality well thought out, but I want it to be revealed through the RP, or even altered through events (partly).

Staff member
    I have reached the maximum number of slots. However, if you post your CC and my fellow RPers decide they want you in, I will accept. You will however require an overwhelming majority.

As for when we get started, if there are no more questions and everyone is ready, we can start as soon as most of us are online.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Will post my CC soon, but probably tomorrow. Now If you'l excuse me, I must go bribe some guys in order to get into this RP

Staff member
    Sorry about the disagree, buttons are small on my phone...

Anyways, I dont really have any experience writing female characters, so this is going to be a new experience...

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    The Emperor seems like one huge evil cliche to me.

Staff member
    The Emperor seems like one huge evil cliche to me.
    I have a few things in mind that might change that outlook. But it would spoil it. He was inspired in build and power by the likes of Senator Armstrong (though not that friggin OP) and Galbatorix. Tbh, even I think he's cliche on the surface. The CC is supposed to give the basic outline of him, and give a basic impression of him. I got the idea of him largely from the king in Demon's Souls, and Gwyn in Dark Souls. I also have some characteristics that I feel are unique. I don't pretend to know whether he will still be considered cliche (he probably will) after everything is said and done... i've never had to write my own villain before, so I tried to take what I'd learned from books and tv shows and movies to try and create an impactful antagonist.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts