• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Alright, so it's basically up to each of us to figure out how we get our character involved in the arena and why they want the Emperor gone? No meta-plot or overriding storyline?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Indeed. I'm going to leave it to you to come up with the motive. You could even try at being a double agent, or a Dominion spy. As long as it makes sense and gets you embroiled into the plot, it's up to you. You could start off outside of the Imperial city, even in another country (though I wouldn't advice it) and I would condone it if you had a good reason and it benefited the story.

Delusional

Alright, cool cool.

Staff member
    One more question, how large scale do you think we should go? Keep it simply overthrowing the "Tyrant" or "Mad" Emperor? Or some greater hand pulling the strings? I'm not sure which direction I want to go. I would like to be able to trasition into larger scale stuff without it coming off as forced or... what's a good word? Unoriginal? Cliche?

Delusional

We should go as big picture as you feel we should go. While big picture, meta-conspiracies like that can be a lot of fun if implemented properly, you can't just have one. You've got to have it planned out and be able to utilize it in the RP effectively, otherwise it's just a waste of time.

So, it's really down to you. It's your RP, and thus your story and plotline, so you know the gist of what's going to happen. Do you feel you can effectively fit in some kind of big picture game changer like that? Or are you unsure? If you nurse any thoughts of doubt, it's probably a good idea to not go through with.

Staff member
    I have a few ideas. I'm trying to think of a clever way to implement one of my ideas without giving it away. The Aedra and Daedra, for example, are going to be very nervous and antsy. Like they know something is coming, and are getting ready for it and marshaling whatever forces they can. Without giving away too much, the Emperor is going to have something to do with it. And eventually, we are going to have to deal with it. There are a myriad of things that could happen, and I'm waiting to see what choices you guys make with your characters and I'm going to let that impact things. I'm not the most competent of writers, so it's going to be a challenge for me to get my thoughts composed into a post and judge what time is the right time to reveal this and what time to reveal that, as well as how. Characters oriented with a Daedra or Aedra I would like to help nail down that feeling of "The gods are holding their breathe and waiting for something."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Hey, I don't know if it is too late as I only read the first page of the RP and if there is room and you'd have me, I'm interested.

Staff member
    Hey, I don't know if it is too late as I only read the first page of the RP and if there is room and you'd have me, I'm interested.
    There are still two slots left, though we dont need to fill them both to start the RP.

Skyrimosity

Ok, so how I wanted my character to be introduced:

Steps in to the arena, opposite an opponent. Quick show of skill, kills the opponent. Then I'll write a bit about how he relishes the attention the cheering crowd is giving him (assuming this takes place in Cyrodiil's Arena.)

I'm not sure how to get involved in the conspiracy plot as of yet. Revenge is obviously viable but perhaps too cliche. I'll think something up.

Staff member
    You can get thrown into the arena at any point you want in any way you want. It will just be the beginning though, and you don't have to be thrown into the arena, if you cancome up with a good reason that will work with the RP.

Staff member
    In other words, there's going to be more to the Emperor's games than just arena fighting. The way I plan it, at least.

Skyrimosity

Well, I figured my character is a big Orc warrior so the Empire would just love to throw him into some Arena fights and watch the bloodshed.

Staff member
    I'm considering what to make of the Emperor. He may not care about his subjects or even really his family, and he is a weak ruler in that sense, but I don't want him to be a pushover. What do you guys think?

Skyrimosity

Is he a weak ruler in that he doesn't really know how to run a nation?

If so, I say we make him politically active (you said he was good with politics already). Have him organize military marches, spread propaganda. Get his friends in other high places to announce their support (either because they're loyal or bribed). Make him do stuff that try to hide his overall weakness as a leader.

Basically, he wouldn't be a pushover because the people (as a rule) wouldn't really dislike him all that much and a lot of his political friends would not turn against him. These are things generally needed to avoid revolution and assassination.

Staff member
    He knows how to run a nation. He just has motives for running this one into the ground. I'll surprise you with his capabilities as an individual, hopefully in a good way. And that sounds like a good idea. The games are also a distraction to keep the people content.

Staff member
    General Information

Name: Skadi AngelusAcerbus

Race: Imperial

Birth Date: 20th of Evening Star

Birth Place: Imperial Capital City

Birthsign: The Thief

Class: Undeveloped/Thief

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 123 Ib.

Build: Relatively average, not used to a gret deal of physical activity, but tough

Laterality: Ambidextrious

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Properties: None if the Emperor can help it. Although rightfully second in line as empress after her sister

Affiliations: She's a princess, although she is widely disliked along with her sister

Afflictions: None

Religion: While she is aware of the Aedra and Daedra, she despises them.

Patron Deity: If she had to choose, it would be Akatosh.

Habits: (I'd like to develop these in an RP so it feels more natural)

Hobbies: She enjoys reading when she can(though that isn't often) and hasn't had the chance for much else.

Positive traits: Extremely good memory, very high attention to detail, quite attractive(though this tends to do her more harm than good), literal, honest, compassionate...

Negative Traits: Temper, brutally honest, socially awkward, rude, can be merciless...

Likes/Loves: Her sister and Knight Fortis, and reading when she can, as well as learning new things. Other than that though...

Dislikes/Hates: Almost everyone and everything...

Fears: Fears for her sister and Knight Fortis

Aspirations: Freeing herself and her sister, escaping the Emperor and people in general

Appearance

Hair Length: Long

Hair Color: Very dark, practically black

Facial Hair: none

Eye Color: Extremely deep and dark and vibrant shade of blue

Skin Color: fair

Scars: Several cuts and scars from attempts on her life

Casual Attire: Modest shirt and pants.

Armour: None as of yet.

Skills

Sneaking and Learning are master, everything else she hasn't had much chance to put to the test. She can learn and absorb knowledge and new skills at astounding speeds.

Gear: A masterfully crafted steel dagger, easily concealable and made for utility. Also an excellent recurve bow designed to have minimum draw weight with maximum power.

History

The history of this character will be revealed in the RP depending upon the choices you make.

Credit to Rextoret for the format of this CC

Staff member
    The emperor's name will be Frigus Furor Acerbus.

Staff member
    When everyone is ready, I'll create the RP thread.

Delusional

I suppose I'm ready to go.

So the Emperor's Games are how this RP will start out? Everyone will happen to become involved in the Games and that's how they will all meet?

Staff member
    They can meet outside the arena if you want, just make sure you coordinate it effectively. Gidian will be starting out in his workshop, and I will be controlling Skadi as well, unless someone else would like to arrange to play the character. In which case a pm would be appropriate.

Also, once you decide you are ready, or even before, pick a dialogue color. I dont much mind which ones I get, but white is reserved for NPCs.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts