• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Skyrimosity

This story has me intrigued; I'm definitely interested. Let me think up a CC

Skyrimosity

General Information
    Name: Belzebub

Race: Orc

Class: Heavy Warrior

Height: 6'4

Weight: 275 lbs

Build: Muscular all over his body

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Properties: None

Affiliations: None

Afflictions: Bloodlust. When he goes too long without a kill, he gets a bit antsy.

Habits: Tapping his foot, grunting, staring straight while lost in thought (thoughts of the kill, obviously)

Hobbies: Killing Bandits

Positive traits: Courageous, Brave, Strong, Unafraid of a fight

Negative Traits: Arrogant

Likes/Loves: Killing

Dislikes/Hates: Standing around. Passiveness.

Fears: Weakness, Early Death

Aspirations: To be a well-known warrior

Appearance

Hair Length: hair covers his head, goes upward into a ponytail and drops downward.

Hair Color: Black

Facial Hair: Scruff

Facial Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown

Skin Color: Ummm... dark shade of green?

Casual Attire: Simple red and brown robes with boots

Armour: Full set of Superior Steel Armor. Superior Steel Armor, Superior Steel Cuffed Boots, Superior Steel Gauntlets, Superior Steel Horned Helmet

Skills

Master: Two-Handed.

Expert: Heavy Armor.

Adept: Smithing. Really good with Steel, not much else.

Apprentice: Blocking. Blocking is a defensive move. Defense doesn't kill.

(What other skills could an Orcish Warrior need?)

Gear: Superior Steel Battleaxe.

History

Early Life: Born in one of the Orcish settlements of Skyrim. His father was a hunter and his mother worked in the mines. They never had much and often his parents would argue over things like money. Still, they did what they could and Belzebub had a normal Orcish childhood. His mother educated him best she could, but it really wasn't much. His father spent most of his time away on hunting trips to help feed the settlement.

Early Teens: This was when Belzebub first started his training in two-handed weaponry. He would practice for hours attacking targets with a simple greatsword, and after he had learned that enough he moved on to the weapon he prized most: the battleaxe. As a trainee, he was given the simple iron stuff instead of the fancy Orcish weaponry, but he didn't mind that much. It'd cut through skin either way.

He was also taught the fine art of smithing. As an Orc, he had a natural talent for smithing armor and weapons but he developed his skills at a slower pace. Furthermore, he was disinterested in creating Orcish weaponry and armor. He would only use steel. He thought it was the superior looking choice, and that he wanted his weapon to look good while it was covered in the blood of his enemies.

Late Teens: After becoming good with a battleaxe and able to move with heavy armor without much difficulty, Belzebub was prepared for a life as an Orcish warrior, sworn to protect the settlement against any who might do it harm. However, something happened. He received a report that his father had been killed by a group of hungry bandits, who saw the Orcish hunters and laid an ambush. This set within Belzebub an intense hatred for any bandit. He swore to avenge his fathers death. In his very late teens, he decided to leave the settlement. He wanted to become a well-known warrior, and he would do this by killing what he hated most: bandits.

Adulthood: Belzebub spent a lot of time age 21-25 in the city of Whiterun with Adrienne Avenicci. It was she who taught him to really excel at Steel smithing. He got a job with Adrienne, which provided him a source of income. Belzebub spent a lot of time, and it took him multiple failed attempts, but he finally managed to forge himself a a full set of steel armor, from head to toe. After that, he created a battleaxe. All the materials he needed for these endeavors cost him nearly all of his money. But he wasn't satisfied yet. He set about improving his equipment. He improved where he could, worked out any kinks, and got his equipment into the fine (superior) shape that it is in today.

At age 26, Belzebub finally had all the means to become a famed warrior. He took a bounty for a group of bandits up in the North. Kill the leader, get some gold. Of course, Belzebub would kill them all. So he charged into the bandit camp where he got his first real combat. His armor took a few hits and he wasn't quite as good with a battleaxe against moving targets, but he quickly adjusted. After the battle was over, he brought the head of the bandit leader to collect his payment.

Belzebub has taken jobs in the year to retrieve lost items and such, but his passion for killing bandits never declined. Once, without a bounty, he saw some bandits holed up in an abandoned fort. He went in and eliminated all the bandits, leaving large amounts of blood on the walls and grounds. He found it strange one of the bandits had been wearing Imperial-style armor but had assumed he had stolen it. It turned out it had been an Imperial official sent to work out terms for the bandits to target their enemies. He was arrested shortly thereafter (the brutality with which the bandits were killed and the effectiveness let one culprit) and he was arrested.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I like this idea. I'll throw up a cc, when I figure out what kind of character would fit best. Hopefully it should be up for you to judge/inspect in an hour or so. Hopefully.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    I like it, but the character seems... one dimensional? That's fine for any NPCs or temporary characters, but there needs to be more dimensions and room for change for main characters in this RP. Do you understand what I'm saying? The character is largely a bloodthirsty orc, a dime a dozen, with a unique name and uses steel armour. If you can prove to me that this character has more dimensions to him, that there is room for the character to change in some aspects due to experiences, is more complex, and a little less stereotyped, then sure. There's nothing wrong with that as a base, but there wasn't much else there with your character. Maybe as a temporary minor character.

Can you prove that to me with what you currently have? Do you want to try to improve it or try to change it? Or perhaps use a different character?

Skyrimosity

I like it, but the character seems... one dimensional? That's fine for any NPCs or temporary characters, but there needs to be more dimensions and room for change for main characters in this RP. Do you understand what I'm saying? The character is largely a bloodthirsty orc, a dime a dozen, with a unique name and uses steel armour. If you can prove to me that this character has more dimensions to him, that there is room for the character to change in some aspects due to experiences, is more complex, and a little less stereotyped, then sure. There's nothing wrong with that as a base, but there wasn't much else there with your character. Maybe as a temporary minor character.

Can you prove that to me with what you currently have? Do you want to try to improve it or try to change it? Or perhaps use a different character?

The thing is, that in my mind, a Character Card is simply to give you a brief overview of a character. You know my character is a great warrior. But how will he act in a group? Will he be violent and impatient? Or will his past in a very-much group oriented settlement allow him to co-operate with others and make friends? You are calling my character a dime a dozen. Yea, he's an orc who is a good warrior. But he has aspirations and dreams, he has emotional stress from the death of his father. He thought he was doing the world a service and now he's being arrested.

Basically what I'm saying is this. The simplicity of my character card is in order to allow my character to actually develop in the RP. To show that even a bloodthirsty orc can have deeper thoughts and feelings.

Skyrimosity

Yea, I don't like handing out all the info in the character card because its restricting. Causes less room for development and makes me have to always check my CC before posting in the RP.

Staff member
    Fair enough. I usually get to know my characters personally in my head before doing this, and I largely let the character do the talking. If I feel something in the character has changed, I don't mind changing it or adding it, or even taking it away. It helps me keep focus. Everyone has their favorite strategy, and yours sounds like the better of the two, but I need to be more tested in writing before RPers will let me slide with that, and I'm terrible at composing random samples... since I don't know Skadi, her sister, or Knight Fortis nearly as well as I know Gidian, I will probably end up using that strategy for them.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    When Skyrimosity put it like that, it made me wonder about my character. Both of the characters that I'm choosing between have detailed pasts that I would rather stay sealed so that they can grow, like Skyrimosity put it.

Would it be okay if I just wrote the reason why they would be in the place they are (Imperial city?) Or would that be asking too much?

Staff member
    Speaking of which, anyone have a name for the Tyrant Emperor? So far, he is going to be extremely cunning in the political field, considering how he attained power like this as he did, but is weak in that he isn't good at running his country. I've been unable to come up with a name I like so far.

Staff member
    When Skyrimosity put it like that, it made me wonder about my character. Both of the characters that I'm choosing between have detailed pasts that I would rather stay sealed so that they can grow, like Skyrimosity put it.

Would it be okay if I just wrote the reason why they would be in the place they are (Imperial city?) Or would that be asking too much?
    As long as you can write well, and your character(s) is complex, well rounded, and changes and grows for better or for worse, it is fine with me. Just give me an idea of what the character is like and what the character is capable of. If you want bonus points, some sort of sample writing or past writing you've done would be great, though not required.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Name: Maere Soul-Singer
    Race: Nord/Breton mix
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Marital Status: Single
    Current Residence: N/A
    Class: Cleric
    Affiliations: Do’Vassal , The Vigilants, herself
    Afflictions: None
    Alignment: Lawful good to Neutral Good
    Religion: Nine divines.
    Markings: White tattoos on her face and eyelids, given to her with each level of her training.
    ______
    Appearance:
    Height: 5’8
    Weight: 115 lbs. .
    Hair: White, grown past her shoulder blades. It is coiled tightly, (Dreaded) and some of it is wrapped in bun like wrap at the back.
    Eye Color: Icy blue
    Build: Small. Her body is not honed to perfection, as she has had no combat training.

FQmNeAirYW-F7K7WZUzoOCLOhMvIY_qeFKl07AfBAuou1TK7W2WnmdUPuqLsWyXxS_bfAitC1Zf47cctcvBVS9zKX0Jnj5mtMERj8eMFDJZVskR0OuZkPYAvkQ

____
    Personality: Quiet, well-mannered, and worried. But she has a mean streak that you best not see from the wrong end. She despises undead, and when she is in a situation including them, she almost becomes a symbol of righteous fury, determined to wipe them from the earth she walks.
    She also imbues this righteous fury when she is cornered, when she believes she has no other option than to burn the skin off those who wish her bodily or mental harm. The same goes for her friends or allies she makes.
    Equipment and Clothing
    :
    8SOk01QprQVVdMBpQM7jSSWF8XapOmM2JB0s4cBFOSAJHiwqOYs_VXx4lmvJzGDyKGOlbMIuOztMw72tP7e4TAc-TJXAYdzUGVcdLGUFKUJ2y-dPtBxgozDmHQ
    Restoration imbued robes, that are labeled as such by the patch on her left. Wears thick, but comfortable boots, similar in look to the mage boots. A few satchels are located on her back and and side, holding herbs, salves and potions for any situation.
    Uses this staff, which is a staff of Stendarr’s Aura, enveloping herself in a warm bubble of light that burns the undead around her. The staff has another ability, but she refuses to use it unless she has no other choice.
    ggTWg1987u1dR4f_3D17Ievplmj1LBJEoebY32EDWeXVqFlbYjFGcGEnGyGoaUZEXJna6qoQIRgnRN5Zm-MbNKgTULZ8ThsAxDSt_wpSJfRKLILLXN8Ypzbk4Q
    History: As I had earlier stated, I would prefer to keep her story under wraps for now, and for it to be revealed a little at a time.

I can say that her complexity as a character is wrapped up in her past, so I cannot explain what separates her from being your run-of-the-mill shy cleric. However, I can say she will have a lot of opportunities to grow out of that archetype, and she will blossom into, what I believe to be, a beautifully intricate character, given the time and right situation.

Staff member
    I'm going to trust you. You're in. Did you say she doesn't like undead? That's going to be interesting! *knowing smile*

Staff member
    We're getting really close to a healthy limit. I'll get the CC for Skadi down tomorrow, and we can start with this amount of people whenever everyone is ready. One or two more characters, and I'd say that's the max.

Staff member
    A few things I'd like to get clear first, do we want this conspiracy to come together inside the games after we get thrown in, or outside the games, before we get thrown in?

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    I think we need to work on some basic foundation things. Like how do our characters come together as a group? How do they end up in the arena? When and why do they decide, whether as a group or individually, to overthrow the Emperor?

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Thank you Gidian. And yes, she abhor's the undead. I was hoping that side of her would be able to be represented, and from that knowing smile, and I can safely discern it will be! :D

Staff member
    I'm open to suggestions. Some of us can come together outside the arena, others inside. I already have an idea of how Gidian is going to get embroiled. Combined with his already present dislike for the emperor, the last fuse he needs is... well I don't want to spoil too much if I don't have to. I was thinking our characters could come together due to circumstances and chance. We all have an agenda to get rid of the Emperor, whatever incentive you really want. This guy is going to be a very hateable person.

Staff member
    Even patrotism can come into play. His reign is going to be very bad news for the Empire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts