• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Were You Aware of The Chill?

• Yes.. It's old news.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No, never heard of it!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I knew about it, but had never been there.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I discovered an unmarked cave while swimming the icy waters in search of Septimus Sigmus's outpost that I'd never seen before. Just Northeast of where Septimus is found, I stumbled upon what through research was revealed to be the jail of Winterhold otherwise known as "The Chill." Because of the amount of time I've put into this game I became very excited. There's not much to the place, unfortunately, but I was wondering how many of you already knew about it. :beermug:

Have you discovered or, perhaps been locked up in, The Chill?

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
Was there once, with my mage, i got arrested and tried to escape. When i got out, i got gangbanged by frost atronachs. They were like... everywhere. Told to myself "never again" and served my time in jail after loading save.

sticky runes

never heard of it. i think i did get arrested in Winterhold once, but I just reappeared outside the jarl's house. Guess the crime wasn't severe enough. Or is the chill for when you do nasty things to members of the college? Enthir might have to get hurt for me to find out...

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
never heard of it. i think i did get arrested in Winterhold once, but I just reappeared outside the jarl's house. Guess the crime wasn't severe enough. Or is the chill for when you do nasty things to members of the college? Enthir might have to get hurt for me to find out...

I think you actually have to select the go to jail option. If you select the pay fine option, you end up outside the Jarl's Longhouse, like all other holds.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Yeah, I've been locked up before. Never found it myself, though. I just served my time, and ended up back at Winterhold. What's it like on the outside?
It's just an iceberg. However like Papoy said, if you kill the atronach guard on the inside, there will be a handful of them waiting for you on the outside. Out in the open like that, those guys are faster than they look... :beermug:

Pete

I'm always excited when I stumble on something I never found before. Now I avoid rushing around and take my time.

-patiently waiting for the enhanced edition

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I assume you mean the Winterhold jail, yes?

Sure. I've been there. Exactly once. I mean, honestly, it's boring (unless you're after frost salts) and, what could you possibly do to end up there. There's nothing to steal in Winterhold and the citizens are so pathetic, there's no reason to assault or murder them.

The chickens maybe? That's why I went. I killed both of them. :)

Latest posts