OOC The Blades in the Night {Working Title}

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Well, I think I'm waiting for CC's from Del and Daryl. You're in, and Ponder I believe is waiting to see what real life commitments he has before he makes a decision, but there is a spot sort of saved for him.

I haven't settled on a max number of people so there's no concern about missing out due to capacity just yet.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Yes, I have yet to start on my CC. I think I will try out a pious assassin priest.

Delusional

He's not a fanatic by any means. Sure, he's assassinating people because he feels he is carrying out his god Sheor's work by doing so, but he's a humble and loving man. It should be interesting to try him out.

Delusional

Okay, here is the CC. The history is a tad rough, but you get the just. I couldn't really find a good way to conclude it, so it ends somewhat abruptly. Oh well, it works.

Tristan the Pious
    Breton_in_Stormhaven.jpg
    » NAME Tristan (He abandoned his family name when he took up his priesthood.)
    » ALIAS Brother Tristan, Tristan the Pious
    » AGE 45
    » BIRTH DATE 2nd of Sun’s Dawn
    » BIRTH PLACE Jehanna, High Rock
    » BIRTH SIGN The Lover
    » ORIGIN Breton
    » CLASS Priest / Assassin
    » GENDER Male
    » HEIGHT 5’8”
    » WEIGHT 142 lbs
    » BMI 21.6
    » LATERALITY Right handed
    » SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    » MARTIAL STATUS Single
    » AFFILIATION the Company, the Priesthood of Sheor
    » AFFLICTIONS None
    » RELIGION Devoted to Sheor, the Breton god of strife
    » HABITS Stroking his goatee while thinking, accidentally cutting himself on sharp blades
    » HOBBIES Praying, praying, praying, confessing, more praying, preaching

APPEARANCE
    » HAIR LENGTH Short, starting to fall out
    » HAIR COLOR Grey
    » FACIAL HAIR Bushy, grey goatee
    » EYE COLOR Deep forest green
    » SKIN COLOR Pale
    » BUILD Lacking in strength, very thin, you could even regard him as frail
    » SCARS None
    » ATTIRE [CASUAL] — Tristan’s only attire is his set of grey and dark brown priest robes. These robes are fairly worn from the years, but he tries to keep them in relatively decent condition. Aside from these religious robes, the only other attire Tristan wears is an amulet of Sheor, an amulet worn by every priest of the Priesthood of Sheor.

PERSONALITY

» POSITIVE TRAITS Kind, loving, graceful, generous, loyal, pious, devout, strong-willed, compassionate, humble
    » NEGATIVE TRAITS Too loyal, doubts himself, does not question others, does what is asked of him without hesitation
    » LIKES Praying, Sheor, praying, worshipping Sheor, assassinating people in Sheor's name, praying
    » DISLIKES Murder, pride, arrogance, undead beings, necromancy, fanatics, combat
    » FEARS Falling away from his god, succumbing to temptation, the sea, fanatics
    » ASPIRATIONS To live a simple life, devoted to Sheor, and to do his god’s bidding no matter what.

COMBAT DIAGNOSTIC
    » FIGHTING STYLE – Tristan does not necessarily enjoy killing others. The only reason he is recognized as an assassin is because he believes he is carrying out his god Sheor’s will by assassinating others. To carry out Sheor’s bidding, Tristan uses a simple steel dagger. Occasionally, he may poison the blade of his dagger for kills, as he is very knowledgeable in the field of alchemy. However, Tristan tries to avoid combat whenever possible, only killing in Sheor’s name, and when he has instructed Tristan to do so.

» SKILLS

Master

» Praying – Tristan spends a lot of time praying, to say the least. When he is not sleeping, eating, preaching, or murdering people in Sheor’s name, Tristan is praying.

Expert

» Alchemy – Tristan has an understanding of alchemy like none other. Most of the time, he uses this knowledge to concoct healing potions and other brews with positive effect, however, he is capable of putting together malicious poisons, which he uses occasionally in assassinations.

» Speech – Tristan is very well-versed. From his years of traveling High Rock, preaching Sheor’s message to various towns and settlements, he is able to convey his thoughts very well.

Adept

» One-Handed – Tristan has become moderately skilled in the use of daggers over the years due to his use of them when assassinating people in Sheor’s name. Other than that, he tries to stay away from weapons, as he dislikes combat, and has a tendency to cut himself on blades.

HISTORY

» BEFORE BIRTH – Tristan’s parents, Jorien and Sabine Beauchampalredanius, were simple Breton farmers. Living in a humble ranch outside the city of Jehanna, they were content with their nondescript lives. They were average members of Breton society, with no special quirks—just a normal couple.

Though farming was a difficult task in the cold climate of High Rock, Jorien and Sabine persisted through the weather and eventually had children, as is the norm for an average married couple.

Of course, they didn’t stop after one. Or two, for that matter. Or three, or four. After a few years of constant pregnancies and births, Tristan was born, the youngest of the seven kids that periodically popped out of Sabine over the course of the years.

» CHILDHOOD [13 years] – Tristan’s childhood was as simple as the lives his parents lived. Once he was able to walk, he was expected to assist in caring for the fields and helping around the house. And as such, much of Tristan’s younger years were spent wandering amongst wheat fields and chasing down those pesky chickens with his six older siblings, whose names I will spare you for your own sake.

When Tristan was 13, a tragic event befell the Beauchampalredanius family. One seemingly perfectly average and normal afternoon, a group of rather tough-looking armed men approached the farm. Scared out of their wits, Jorien and Sabine hid their children inside and confronted these unknown men, hoping to dissuade them from pillaging their farm, as one would assume they would do.

As it turns out, the men happened to be soldiers from the neighboring kingdom of High Rock. This, unfortunately, is not good news for the Beauchampalredanius family and their humble farm. The men attack the defenseless Jorien and Sabine, murdering them in cold blood. They then proceed to pillage the farm’s stores before setting the fields ablaze and leaving.

The seven children of Jorien and Sabine did not act in the most rational way following the tragic event—as they emerged to the ruins of their home and the corpses of their mother and father, they scattered, scared and lost. Each taking their own path and journey to find a new home, the siblings would never come into contact with each other again, separated forever.

» TEENAGE YEARS [7 years] – Tristan’s journey was particularly rough, as he lost himself in the foothills and waning mountains of eastern High Rock. About to give up hope, the now 14 year old Breton teen stumbled upon a settlement. However, it was no ordinary settlement. It was a community of priests and devout worshippers of a Breton god Tristan had never even heard of—Sheor (then again, Tristan was not very exposed to the religions of his homeland, as his parents were not very pious in the slightest).

The priests of Sheor graciously took the lost and weary boy in, nursing him back to health and introducing him to Sheor, who Tristan took a strange interest in from the start. Eventually, once Tristan was in good enough shape to set out again, at around age 15, the priests gave him an option—to stay and study with them, training to become a priest of Sheor, or continue on, hoping to find a home, searching for a calling. Tristan chose the former, and from then on out, the monastery would become Tristan’s new home.

The remainder of Tristan’s teen years would be filled with dedicated religious studies and worship and prayer as the Elder Brothers of the Priesthood groomed the teen boy to become a fine priest.

Finally, when Tristan turned 20, the Priesthood of Sheor proclaimed him a sworn priest of their brotherhood, and welcomed him to the ranks of Sheor’s faithful.

» FROM THEN ON OUT [25 years] – Tristan would go on to become one of the most devout priests of the Priesthood. He would dedicate his life to the worship of Sheor, and began traveling High Rock with a few other Brothers to spread the horrifying, yet glorious word of Sheor across the province.

Eventually, like many of the other priests of the Priesthood, Tristan became a religious assassin. Inspired by Sheor himself, Tristan would take up assassin contracts in his name and carry them out, all for Sheor, the god of strife.

Tristan would continue the life of a follower of Sheor, traveling and preaching to communities across High Rock, praying, and assassinating others in Sheor’s name, for many years.

Tristan was soon recognized for his abilities as an assassin. Even though he does not necessarily like killing people, Tristan used this title to his advantage, and started to become involved in separate guilds of thieves and assassins, hoping to find more contracts and continue to carry out Sheor’s bidding.

One of those guilds happened to be the Company.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    So, based on the workload for this quarter it's unlikely that I'll be able to participate as a full-time member in this RP. For now, at least. That being said, I can definitely make time for a few appearances as a contact and run some side-quests, and it's probable that my character can merge in to the main cast at a later date.

Possibly.

Before we decide anything there, I have to ask about some parameters of the RP. I have to ask because the character I have in mind is rather unconventional, and could run contrary to your plans and designs.

See, it all started with the question of how to defeat the Dark Brotherhood. It's not enough to just kill all the members, because the Brotherhood is more than its members. It's a cult, it's a ghost, it's a god. And how do you kill a god? Well, you don't (although I'm working on that, so maybe you do). Because the Dark Brotherhood, more than being a god, or a ghost, or its members, is an idea. The idea of assassination, the idea of the Black Sacrament, the idea of calling to Sithis. These ideas, found outside the Brotherhood, are what sustain it, and these are what need to be obliterated to truly put down the Brotherhood.

This line of thought is what serves as the basis for my character. They're an assassin, but not of people. They kill people, certainly, but the death of an individual is never their primary goal. Rather, they're an assassin of ideas. Political movements, scientific pursuits, business partnerships, religious traditions, they are all fair game. And while the assassin sometimes works very publicly, and the results are realized often on large scales, the assassin and their associates work in the shadows, and are never seen to be even remotely connected to the outcomes of their contracts.

Is this too whack? I realize the whole 'assassinating ideas' thing is kind of out there, and I totally get it if it doesn't fit the scope or design you had in mind. Also, I wasn't sure whether you wanted the company, their contracts, and the results of their contracts to be all discreet, or if you were fine with anything as long as the company members were always seemingly unconnected to the events that happened.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Guys if my character is accepted, worry not about the guild.
    If Daud is accepted I have something for the introduction post that sets him on his way which would disband his current guild and make sense for him to join a new one..

This shouldn't be the final card, I can add more detail in his skills and such, but this is the base character.

Name: Daud (Pronounced -D-OW-D)
    Race: Nord
    Sex: Male
    Birth place: High Rock
    Affiliations: Many people know the tale of Daud, they even tell ghost stories.

Daud has many clients, and once ran his own guild of assassins.

Daud has worked with and against The Imperials, and The Thalmor. They see him as a neutral party and would make dealings with him again. He has also worked with The Stormcloaks, he prefers the The Imperials as they pay more.

Appearance: Short brown hair, blue eyes, no facial hair, a noticeable scar running down his right eye- it starts a little above the eyebrow and runs down past his eye and nearly reaching his lip. Daud is not the average Nord build and is instead a slimmer, more agile build.

View attachment 5510

Gear: Daud wears a custom leather armour, it looks somewhat like it does in the picture above. He has a variety of poisons and an ebony dagger and sword at his disposal.

Personality: Very calculating and cunning, Daud is a very calm and collected man, and he takes his contracts very seriously. Outside of his contracts around people he doesn't like he is also serious, and keeps his personal matters and life personal.

Fast and strong with a cunning mind, Daud never chooses sides. He believes that your choices always matter, and can have consequences in ways that you couldn't even fathom. He doesn't believe that being bad will only have bad things happen to you, just your choices always matter someone somewhere. He has come to this mind set and thinking after a series of choices, he makes his choices and takes what comes.

The people he becomes familiar with can see he does have emotions, others may be unsure. Daud has good leadership skills and can communicate with others effectively.
    His mothers suicide weighs heavily on Dauds shoulders, he takes full responsibility and blame and cannot forgive himself. Daud absolutely cannot abide a mystery.

Likes: Daud likes people who can act professional and people who can think on their feet.

Dislikes: Daud doesn't like people who prefer brute force, he sees it as impatient, stupid and undisciplined. Daud doesn't like being uninformed and left out of the loop, and hates a mystery.

Traits: Loyal, Charismatic, Professional.

History: Daud grew up under very strange circumstances. Dauds mother was a powerful witch. They say his mother went aboard a ship, and when the ship returned everyone was dead and she was pregnant. These are rumours spread in certain parts where Dauds influence has reached, nobody knows for sure. Except Daud. His mother was a very powerful witch however, and was very influential in her coven. Daud lived a normal life for most of his childhood, impressing the kids with his quick hands, speed, stealth and agility. He never lost a game of tag or hide and go seek. When Daud was 15 the coven was slaughtered by witch hunters, few survived. Those that did had a hard time reaching anywhere safe, and a hard time fitting in. Living in a cave was a the only life they knew. They were used to having their privacy, brewing their poisons, tonics and potions whilst performing sacrifices and raising the dead. They couldn't cope with city's life, they moved to a far away village. Daud was left alone, his sister joined his mother and Daud didn't want to leave. A few years went by, Daud created a band of assassins. They quickly spread into a well armed, well organised organisation. There was a lot of money to be had in the assassination business, especially when you become well known. News quickly spread about Daud, he became referred to as 'The knife of High Rock'. He trained his assassins with strength, discipline, good leadership, and a bit of black magic. He is shown to greatly care for his Assassins. He believes that whatever doom is coming for him should not be suffered by them as well.

When Daud 19 he sought out his beloved mother and sister. Through his network of corrupt merchants and contacts, he found them. His mother didn't care that he led a guild of assassins, she supported it. However his sister was ashamed and disgusted, refusing to talk to him with respect. She did feel empathy for him though, she didn't know why but she did, so she couldn't keep up her act and quickly became how she was. She was very disappointed though, her mothers actions didn't seem to phase her.

Dauds mother killed herself a year after Daud found her, she couldn't take it. All her sisters were dead, that's what she considered her fellow witches in the coven. She did brew up a revenge, but left it to Daud in a note. She brewed a special poison which would cause them to experience a very agonising death, as their blood thickened and their organs collapsed they'd feel a sting throughout their insides from the poison.

Daud discovered her body, he took the blame for not being there for his mother more. Daud and his sister, Viera, continued to drift after their mother died. He hasn't heard from her since he was 20.

Daud knew he had a talent for killing, he was stealthy and yet he felt he was lacking something. Killing is all he knows, but he has a different dream in his heart.

Delusional

Alright, Aerin, what's the verdict on our CCs?

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Sorry lads, Internet went down again

Del, loved the cc, glad you were able to find a way of making a believable killer priest.

Daryl, I really like your character, I'm just wondering if maybe he's a bit young. You said at 19 he had formed his own assassins guild, which seems a bit ambitious, even by Skyrim standards. All I would say is maybe make him a bit older, or lessen his abilities.

Ponder. Ponder Ponder Ponder. Well it's not something I had actively envisioned, but if anyone could kill an idea I imagine it would be you. To answer the easiest question first, I would prefer if everything was done quietly. Within reason of course, but the loudest people would likely be the contacts as they will be the main channel through which the company operates.

Onto killing ideas. I think if it is something you really want to do and you have the time to commit to it, then I trust you to kill ideas and I'll do my best to work out how to make it work for everyone. My only hesitation is that you've already said you might not have much time to spare. If you think you can work it in then go ahead, but if it's too much perhaps we can put it on the back burner until you have less on your plate.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    I think we may have enough people to get started actually, unless anyone has any questions or ideas they'd like to include.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Well, for the most part I'll have enough time. It looks as though the biggest problem would be that my workload is prone to fluctuating. However, I'll be able to tell in advance when it's threatening to pile up. Because of that, I'd rather be contact than a member of the main group, allowing me to plan my character's part for a short span in which life and class won't interfere. Also, it keeps me from mysteriously disappearing every so often and putting things on hold as I would if I were in the main group.

In terms of the character, I have a side-mission planned that showcases his methods, abilities and jobs. The mission would also provide a nice way to explore how different members of The Company separate their personal morality and emotions from their work. It'll be a dark mission, to say the least. My character would be working very publicly (in a sense) and The Company would be assisting him from the shadows.

Then, later, if The Company goes up against the Dark Brotherhood, they could hire my character as a consultant, of sorts. Assuming he hasn't already joined The Company by then.

If you'll have me, of course.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    That sounds fine by me Ponder.

Daryl, in terms of age, however old he is at the start of the rp isn't too important. I just felt that starting a guild that young seemed improbable. It's fine if he's 22, in all fairness it doesn't matter too much, I'm just a bit finicky about that sort of thing.

Also, fair warning to you all, I may only be able to post from my phone for a while as my laptop seems to have taken a turn for the worst. So until I can get that fixed, my posts might be a bit limited. Hopefully I can get this fixed quickly. I will let you know if the situation changes.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Scratch that, took a screwdriver to my laptop and all is well! I shall see about getting a post up later this afternoon/evening.

Delusional

I am going to have a lot of fun writing Tristan, methinks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts