OOC The Blades in the Night {Working Title}

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Okay, well the kinds of characters in the company itself are going to be thieves and murderers. How they came into that particular line of work is your bit, but the company itself does have a chain of command, so if your character has an issue with authority then it's got to be believable that they would still agree to work with others and take orders etc.

The contracts themselves are very variable. The way I'm hoping this will work, is that each character can work on their own contracts which they create, and these can be done on their own or you can team up with others in the RP, just like you would in a guild. The contracts we get can vary from returning stolen items to their rightful (or wrongful) owners, to murder. The one thing to emphasise is that the identifying trait of the company is their discretion. So murder contracts won't be asking for a highly public assassination, instead they will quietly done, and if possible, made to look like an accident.

These contracts are usually acquired by conversing with the company's various contacts which can be decided once we have a few more people involved. Briefly however, these contacts are people throughout Skyrim, Cyrodiil and Morrowind who are aware of the dealings of our guild and pass on contracts to members should they be asked for. These contacts may change however due to guild alliances and bribes, just to make the RP interesting and more dynamic you know?

Also something I didn't mention in the cover post, which I'll edit in, while the base camp is in Skyrim, if people want to take jobs in Cyrodiil and Morrowind then they'll be able to, so long as they get back to base camp in time for major all-inclusive plot points. We'll give plenty of warning for these of course so people know when they want to start making it back.

Hope I answered your question there....got a bit sidetracked :p

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Also, Smooth, I checked out your CC and I like him! While some characters can be recruited within the RP, it might be nice to have some who have already been a part of the company for a while now, possibly even having been there during the schism and death of Vitus.

So however Aladriel has joined is up to you, if you just let us know briefly here or something before we get cracking.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I'm thinking that *Aradriel would have been a member for a while, perhaps having even known Vitus while he was alive. As for how he joined, I'll say that while he was staying out of the Thieves' Guild due to hearing of some recent troubles they were having, he focused on freelancing, and eventually he met Vitus, whose new company of assassins and thieves sounded like an offer good enough to cause him to relinquish the total freedom of freelance work.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    So sorry I spelt his name wrong! I'll remember next time I swear.

That sounds good to me. How he gets on with the other members of the guild should be interesting, though it will be good to have another character who has been there since the beginning of this newer company.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    That was one aspect of his character I've been thinking would be interesting. He's kind of a hard person to become friends with, because he'll pretty much rob you when you look away in the middle of a conversation. A big part of his relations within the company will probably depend on how skilled/cunning the others are. Oh also, have you got any ideas for what the company would be called? Or perhaps owing to its low-key status, will it just be called The Company?

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    It's a group of antisocial serial killers and thieves, there is always going to be some aspect of "doesn't play well with others".

As for a name...mentally I've always thought of it as 'The Company'. Perfect amounts of ominous and mysterious...but really I simply couldn't come up with a decent name that wasn't a supervillain group name already. Damn you DC Comics.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    True, though Aradriel is not the kind of guy who just gets along with other people just because they're in the same company. Though of course his problem is not "doesn't play with others" but "plays around in others' pocketbooks". That's neither here nor there for now, though. Anyway, are you considering having Elsa make any sort of cameo?

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Oh goodness. Save for Legend of Lies which is still ongoing I'm considering putting Elsa down hard with like, horse tranquillisers or something. She's kind of boring to write these days. Maybe she'll make an appearance, I'm not sure. I'm enjoying writing Vanya far more tbh, and hopefully I'll feel the same about Jax. It's going to be nice writing a complete and utter bastard for a change.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Maybe. I can't envision a happy ending for her which is a bit sad. She's damaged goods, emotionally speaking, and just generally a hot mess post-Garrus. Perhaps officially finishing her storyline is a good idea.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Hmm, I've got a few unique ideas bouncing around, but I'm not sure if any of them would work alright. I've been entertaining the idea of a nobleman who is really a professional thief in disguise, using this very well-done alias of a noble to take on riskier contracts involving very rich and prominent nobles. I'm also toying with the idea of an assassin priest... that might be interesting. Perhaps even a 'Robin Hood'-esque character, who steals, but is charitable at the same time.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I like the assassin priest idea. It'd be interesting to see what you could do with that - perhaps make him a priest of one of the more obscure pantheons and give an interesting motive for his profession?

Delusional

Yes, and though he is immoral by normal standards for being an assassin, he is extremely pious and believes he is doing [insert whatever deities he worships]'s will.

EDIT: An extremist, if you will. Hm.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Just a suggestion, but Sheor, Breton god of all strife, would perfectly fit the role of pious assassin. Piety to Sheor basically is what an assassin does.

Delusional

Hmm... yes, this might just work. It would definitely be an interesting dynamic for an assassin... though that nobleman idea still sounds cool to me as well.

Maybe I could do both... :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts