The best wife (for benefit)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Did you think this Thread was helpful?

• Yes it absolutely helped.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No.

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

TWS SIA

A short topic that tells you who and where the best wife to marry is. She is Camilla in the Riverwood trader,right across the forge. She gives you 400 every FULL 24 hours and cooks you a homemade meal that restores 10 points of health. If you know somebody that gives you more money comment below.​

dbukalski

can anyone verify that its 400 every full day? because from what Ive read their all 100 a day. Sounds to me like maybe the poster went a couple days without realizing it

yeah, as far as I have seen it's always 100 a day, and the only real benefit to Camilla is her house.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
AFAIK its only 100 a day no matter what. Id rather a warrior wife. Alea?

dbukalski

the lioness is good because she cant be killed. Shes good in combat. So you can take your wife with you. Then have your warm meal any time you want and collect your 100/day whenever you want.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
All spouses provide gold, food, and the Lover's Comfort buff (unless they may also double as a follower). It's surprising how many people don't know that. Yes, some spouses already own houses and businesses but that doesn't necessarily make them better, or more beneficial spouses. Honestly, they all offer the same benefits with no one having an advantage over the other. All provide 100 gold per day, but sometimes they may give more (at random). Investing in their business can help increase this return.

Be wary though of "warrior spouses", most NPCs will lose their essential status after marriage making them able to die. You'll lose a valuable follower and your husband/wife. The only exception is Mjoll, as mentioned above. For some reason she is one of the only marriage eligible spouses that remains essential afterward.

I chose Aela, she is good backup for my battle axe guy, and she is a werewolf, and she is extremely sexy(for a video-game character). I used the setessential command on her(I am on PC), so she can not be killed now. It is all player-choice though.

BFP53

Im thinking about marring Bryling in Blue palace she is a Thane by the way and i did use console commands to make her eligible for marriage..i was married to lona my housecarl but divorced her and she is still my follower.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Derkeethus, a male Argonian, is also a follower/marriageable candidate that can not be killed. Unless of course a patch has corrected this, which I haven't heard about.

I understand this is about wives, but as mentioned already Mjoll is a female follower/possible wife that can't be killed. And Derkeethus is a male follower/possible husband that can't be killed.

Just for those who don't want to worry about their loved one. ;)

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
The Huntress earns me 100g a day, is beast in combat, and cooks a mean supper!

And most of all, she's very sweet towards her spouse, where I've heard some NPC's can be rude or obnoxious.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Holy old thread. And lol @ how many views it has.

Aetherguard

I believe Wife should read spouse as there are men available to marry as well. And, this game doesn't discriminate in any way. My Male Nord has a Male spouse in Solitude, the guy from the Winking Skeever. And, my Female Dunmer has a Female spouse, Ysolde in Whiterun.

Luthiel

Harbinger
^Umm why not? Haha who are you to question who their characters marry anyway?

Seriously I let my female character marry Aela and they're both rather happy

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
The real best wife is Lydia. Her benefit is that you can stare at her face all day.

No matter who you marry, it's always 100 Septims daily. If you wait 4 days, it will be 400. My vote is Uthgerd, she's stompy, has a good house in the Cloud District (Very close to Warmaidens, and it doesn't cost you anything, hell she Gives you 100 for beating her) and she's a good reliable Tank in combat.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts