Open The Bannered Mare

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfie

[I know that there is another huge thread for this, but I'm trying to create my own instead. This is my second post in total, since I just joined yesterday, but I love Skyrim, I'm a good writer, and I've RPed a LOT over the years, so you have no need to fear.]

"Oh, you talk and you lie and you drink all our mead, but one day you'll lie down and you'll bleed.."

Labrys shot the bard's back a sharp glance with enigmatic grey eyes and then returned to the book that rested on her lap. Her neck was beginning to cramp, and she was itching for battle, but her swords-master had ordered her to stop begging for bloodshed and to read a good book instead.
    Her solution? Read a book about bloodshed instead.
    Light armor fashioned like an Imperial soldier's was fitted upon her, and black warpaint was designed around her eyes and the tiny bridge of her nose to look like the twin blades of a double-headed axe. No weapons were visible on her, but an aura of challenge surrounded the woman. Her hair was bound into a white hat, but a slip of light brown tickled her forehead. She pulled it back underneath the felt in irritation and glanced up from her book to give the place a quick sweep of her gaze.

Assassin99

(OOC:Am Doing a new char for this
    Name: Do'nall)
    Class: Warrior
    Backstory: Trained by the greatest blade master In all of tamriel, his sword arm is deadly and swift
    weapon: silver avakirian blade (Was given to him from the blade master who trained him)
    armour: resembles ned starks)

[A Khajiit walked into the bannered mare, with his sword at his side and a Big grin on his face]
    "Barkeep I would like a bottle of mead."
    [He sat at the closest table near the nord with warpaint]

Wolfie

Labrys paused from her book and looked up, seeming to study the Khajiit for a moment. She glanced at Helga for a moment and then returned to the book, keeping her silence. She'd far since learned how not to say things which are better left unsaid. Take that Sam fella, for example.
    Why oh why had she taken the drunken fool's challenge? But then again, he had been no simple drunken fool. Leave it to Daedra to mess up your life.
    She sipped the rest of her Honningbrew Mead and turned her gave back upwards. "And another one for me, Helga. Gods know I need it," she joked softly.

"Aye," Helga nodded, bringing over two bottles of mead and setting them down on the table.

Assassin99

"Greetings."

Wolfie

Helga walked back to the bar counter and returned to leaning against the wood, quietly speaking with a glum-looking man(from the game, lol remember that dude that's always complaining about the city guards?) who was downing a thick bottle of mead.
    "Aye, greetings," Labrys replied, taking the neck of the bottle and looking up at the stranger, twirling the bottle back and forth on it's bottom. "Labrys Emander, at your service. Figuratively, of course." Her eyes glinted.

Assassin99

"Pleased to meet you Miss Emander, my name is do'nall"

Wolfie

Labrys nodded slightly, taking into more consideration Do'nall; the smile, the sword by his side, the expectancy that he bore when he walked into the tavern. Instead of being rude - well, a Nord did slip up every now and then, and she was rather impulsive at times - and guessing who he was, she instead said, "Pleased to meet you, Do'nall. You can call me Labrys if you want; it bothers me not." She paused for a moment to take an adament sip of mead. "That's quite a blade you got there," she commented finally.

Assassin99

"Ahh yes my blade, made from the desings of the avakiri, crafted by the greatest blademaster in all of tamriel."

Wolfie

"Eorlund?" Labrys took a reasoned guess, tilting her head slightly, throwing the mixture of shadows and light against her face. A small scar ran from underneath her left eye and slid over, and ending at, the top of the bridge of her nose. It was faint from years gone past. Laugh lines were also faint, close to her pale lips that betrayed a hint of interest and general curiosity.

Assassin99

"You probably never heard of him, Maestro longoyu"

Wolfie

Labrys thought for a moment, the muscles above her brows tensing the way it does whenever she thought back to the past. She shook her head. "I'm afraid not. No, I have Rhiago for a teacher. Master Rhiago, I mean," she added quickly. "Who's Maestro Longoyu?" she asked him. "Does he live here in Whiterun?"

Assassin99

He lives in the mundas, yet he does not.
    he commonly appears in cyrodil

Wolfie

"Cyrodil," Labrys repeated, the faint line between her brows smoothing out. "I used to live there." She chuckled lightly. "Yeah, I know I'm a Nord. It must sound weird." A small smile lit her face for the first time yet. "You seem pretty comfortable with the blade," she said, looking at Do'nall. "Do you work with a shield, too?" she asked him, taking a small sip of mead and relaxing slightly in the chair. Her forearms were muscular for a woman, common in archers and men but not in someone like herself, and her shoulders were firmer and straighter as well, unlike most of the women in the tavern. She usually covered herself with light robes, but today she'd tired of the dark blue robes. However, for a woman bearing the marks of an archer, she bore no bow or arrows.

Assassin99

"I use not a shield, It slows me down."

Wolfie

"Aye," she agreed. She went to take another sip of the ale but then paused, looking at the bottle's dark glass and the way the light struck the smooth surface, her face mostly impassive as normal.

Assassin99

"Perhaps we could go on an adventure sometime."

Wolfie

The corners of her lips slid up in amusement. "Aye, the conjuring archer and the sword-wielding Khajiit." The strand of dark tan hair slid down from inside her hat back onto her forehead, tickling the corner of her eyelashes. She blinked and slid it out of the way again, only to have it fall back into place. She sighed quietly and gave up on the attempt, looking at Do'nall again, her impassive eyes flickering slightly from the fire in the corner of her eyes. "Aye, but that does sound nice," she said. "Maybe I could convince Master Rhiago [Rha-go] to let me go." A sliver of excitement slid into her eyes, the old concept of adventure and the unknown.

Assassin99

OOC: have to go offline
    "I hope it is so"

Wolfie

[Alright - I'll have Labrys head to her room, so if someone else comes then it won't mess anything up for anyone. See you later, Assassinator(idk)~]

Labrys nodded slightly. After a moment, the slight, pale Nord got to her feet, putting a cork on the mead bottle. "Swell for daydreams, I suppose; we can only hope. Or we can just get out there and do it." Her eyes glinted. "Goodnight, Do'nall." She gave him a smile and walked off, heading underneath the stairs where a hall led to more rooms. The short archer glided away from view and headed into her room, closing the door closed behind her gently.
    "Aye. We can just do it," she muttered with a grin to herself. "Ah, I've never been one for rules. I'll have to let Genheiv know that I'm going to something 'dangerous', though, or he'll throw a fit." She chuckled to herself. "And since muttering to myself isn't going to help anything.." She walked over to her bed and promptly fell asleep.

Assassin99

(OOC: back online)
    [Watching the retreating figure of Laybris, Dar'badaar thought of what adventures may befall them]

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts