The Assassin Order or the Dark Brotherhood? Who'd thrive more in Tamriel?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reaper24

Ok, let's just pretend that the Assassin Order from Assassin's Creed ended up in Tamriel. How they got there isn't important, this is just a "what if?" thing. In this instance the DB has grown since their relocation to the Dawnstar Sanctuary. They've managed to establish many many sanctuaries throughout the lands, but then the Order shows up and bad blood ensures. Who do you think would come out on top? Post your opinions below my dudes!

Reaper24 I read your post and considered several factors over night and have come up with something you may deem trustworthy. So as I was riding on my horse around the Whiterun hold about mid day, I was attacked by a greyskin who surrendered an assasins note from the DB. Unlike a patron of the Assassins Creed I was attacked in the open field. There was hardly a suprise and he was overmatched by my steed let alone a follower I normally would have. So tactically I would go with the creed. Furthermore I understand some of the Assasins Creed patrons are from the future so therefore are more technologically and tactictly advanced.
Lastly I'm not so familiar with the DB as some, instead I'd like to eliminate them but I am hesitent to kill the nanny in Riften to get that opportunity. However, the DB are climatized to Skyrim whereas much of the Assassins Creed patrons would be more a tropical people or even as far north as Cyrodil.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Well that's not entirely true there Joktan. The Assassin Creed patrons are from a variety of places all over the world. While Altair's bloodline originated in the middle-east, but at the same time we haven't seen any in northern lands similar to Skyrim so who knows.

Tactically I am in agreement with Joktan. The DB just attacks openly and without regard to their own inadequacies.. I mean we play the Dragonborn, slaying dragons, banishing daedra, destroying legions of undead, bandits, and other folk and yet... a lone assassin will come up to us in plain view and expect to be victorious xD FOOL! The Assassins Creed folk take their marks by surprise (which is what an assassin is supposed to do).

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I don't think vanilla gameplay reflects reality. Download the Sands of Time mod and set it to Nightmare Difficulty, then come back and tell me about how bad assassins are at their job in Skyrim.

Realistically they'd be using invisibility potions and muffle and deadly poisons to kill you, yet they don't in vanilla due to limitations placed on NPCs by the developers.

Not to mention that OP Dragonborn can BE a member of the Dark Brotherhood, and you can have all the lethality in the world with either sneaking tactics or direct approaches.

Literal invisibility combined with enchanted armor and weapons, and deadly poisons and the use of magic would balance the scale. The weakest mages of Skyrim can literally turn their hands into flamethrowers.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts