• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    It is one hundred years after the Civil War. Both the Empire and the Thalmor have left Skyrim. However, unrest has once again come to Skyrim, with unruly bandits and rebellious Jarls threatening the High King ofSkyrims,(a descendant of Ulfric Stormcloak) rule. Heroes have been summoned to the city of Whiterun, to meet and form a band of adventurers, with orders to discover a lost artifact of powerful magic that may be able to unite Skyrim forever. But as it is in all times of strife and trouble, not all is as it seems.....
    __________________________________________________________________________________

OK, so for this RP I'm only planning on a max of ten people. Otherwise it'll get too disorganized and out of hand.

Rules
    1: No God modding
    2: Be courteous to your fellow Rpers' when in the OOC thread.
    3: Make sure to use proper punctuation,grammar, and complete sentences.
    4: No one line posts.
    5: Swearing when in character is allowed to a certain extent (don't go overboard with cuss words)
    6: You can have more than one character, as long as you can handle it.
    7: Enjoy the Role play. That is what it's there for.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Vilmar didn't mind the cold, howling wind, nor the freezing rain. He'd suffered much worse at the hands of mortals in his two thousand years of existence than anything nature could ever do to him. A general call had gone out for adventurers of all types to assemble in Whiterun. The courier that had found Vilmar had given him a 'special' token one symbolizing him as a chosen hero for this quest. He'd walked from Markarth all the way to this road, just outside Whiterun. The rain had started just before nightfall, and was now at full strength, soaking the dark purple cloak and hood, and bouncing off his golden elven armour.

"Hey! High Elf!" Vilmar turned slowly to see four Nords, heavily armed and armored marching towards him. "We're here to teach you a lesson!" Vilmar made no move to draw his weapons, nor did he make any threatening movements. "I have done no wrong, but I will defend myself" As one the four drew their weapons and charged. Weeping inside for the deaths of the men, he drew his elven great sword,Judgement from its sheathe. He stepped forward, his first strike beheading the first man. He didn't waste energy hopping around, he simply stood his ground, each blow mortal, every move flowing and uninterrupted. The final and fourth man fell to his knees, his sword arm gone at the wrist, Vilmar hefted Judgement, and stated " I have no fight with you, child...go"

As the man, sobbing thanks rose to his feet, and turned to run, an ebony shafted arrow struck him in the throat, and gurgling blood the man fell. His face a mask of anger, the Altmer turned to his companion. "Why did you do that? He was unarmed, he posed no threat" his companion, Avani Mourne, moved forwards out of the darkness and smiled coldly. "Because I could"

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
    Ah yes this rain is just perfect for washing blood away. Wouldn't you say so my scaly friend. Please don't kill me. I am sorry I tried to rob you! Just let me go... please. Said the argonian bandit. As he sat bleeding with a ice spike through his stomach. Oh... its too late for that. Anwrise grabbed the ice spike and sent volts of sparks into the argonians body. Anwrise smiled as the body spasmed and blackened. Your are makeing me late for my adventure.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Valar walked along the road, trying to see the sign through the heavy rain. The swordsman had just left Windhelm when the courier gave him a small token. He had been moving quickly and finally made it to Whiterun. He wanted to ask the Harbinger what he thought about the note's offer. His ponytail was heavy from the rain, and his robes where sticking to his body. The weight made Valar sigh, and he wished he wore something that reflected the rain, but alas it slowed him down.

He found himself outside without a hood in the pouring rain. Valar found himself growing annoyed, no worthy challengers along the way nor any real gold from the fools who challenged him. Valar wished the stupid Nords who would often start a fight with him were richer. Oh well, Valar thought as he looked away from the sign to see two humanoid shapes standing over four dead ones. A smile found the young spellsword's lips, and he approached the pair.

"Hello, my friends. Nasty bit of business you seem to have found." Valar chuckled. He made sure to keep his hands away from his sword. He walked calmly towards the pair, the closer he got he realized they appeared to be elves as well.

Anwrise888

After the minor inconvenience with the idiot bandit Anwrise reached the gates of Whiterun. Before the guard could ask any annoying questions. Anwrise showed his special token to the guard.(no innuendo) The guard nodded and opened the gate. Anwrise made his way to the The Bannered Mare.

Perry M

Athena had just gotten used to life in Markarth before the courier arrived. He gave her a small note, bearing an unusual symbol with a request to travel to Whiterun. Simple enough. But she realised, the whole town was on lockdown because of some stones that "magically dissapeared", guards were everywhere so sneaking past was her only option.
    Donning the Shrouded Armour and grabbing her favourite weapon, her crossbow, she headed out at the break of dawn. This was when there was the least guards, a perfect chance for escape.
    There was no trouble going from the back corner of the town to the front gates, but she knew that travelers were checked in and out outside the walls. Luckily, as she approached the guards who checked people she met no resistance, themselves dealing with a shady character. Now she could grab her horse and get to Whiterun.
    The stables housed her horse, Shadow, and the owner was a nice person in general, but the guards weren't. Again, as this was the dawn of the day, there was only one guard. A quick shot to chest and he was frozen in place, unable to resist and detain her. Rushing up to Shadow, Athena jumped on and rushed for Whiterun, ready for any form of trouble.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Vilmar glared at his half elven companion. She was shorter than him,and seemed more a wraith than a deadly archer. Then again, appearances could be deceiving. Avani's other half was vampire, not that she advertised it, except with her cold attitude and merciless fighting style. Normally, Vilmar wouldn't have traveled with one so dark, but she was really the only one that could stay at his side and not waste away with age.

Avani looked upon her traveling companion and smiled, baring her fangs, barely visible in the dark. "I suppose you would have me not feed as well, and perhaps make generous donations to the Honor hall Orphanage?" To her, their arguments were a constant game, as it had been for the past few months, since they'd arrived in wretched Skyrim. Before Vilmar could retort, she held a hand to his lips, motioning for quiet. She drew an arrow and aimed it into the dark and wet night, before realizing the approaching stranger as a fellow elf. Nodding at him to handle the talking, she melted away, into the night.

"Hello, my friends. Nasty bit of business you seem to have found." Chuckled the Dunmer, indicating the four corpses. The Altmer nodded in recognition. "Foul business indeed, for such a fine night" he remarked. "What business brings you out here, my Dunmer friend?" As he spoke, he assessed the other elf, knowing the whole while that Avani had an arrow trained on the newcomer. As for the Dunmer himself, he seemed quite capable of handling a fight or two.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    "I am coming to speak to my Harbinger. A courier found me and gave me this," Valar replied. drawing forth the small token. "I am going to ask to see what he thinks about this offered... Quest... Yes. That is the word I am looking for."

Valar looked for the second person, but the darkness with the rain made it impossible even if it was a novice sneak thief. He looked at the elf before him, and began sizing him up. He obviously killed three of them with that great sword. His armor was of elven make which made him look far more magnificent than Valar's soaked robes. A worthy one? Valar thought. But he soon shook down his excitement. Starting fights with strangers isn't how the new Companion operated anymore. The spell sword's thoughts rested on the second figure, and decided it wasn't even a fair fight with a second enemy shrouded in the storm. Valar sensed another person approach as he waked towards Whiterun.

blue 468

OOC:sorry for the late post christmas and all :D

Arannir dragged his freshly killed buck hoping to get some gold and pay a visit to Whiterun about the token he had received from a courier when he noticed three people next to some dead bodies. Aproaching them he smiled "fine weather for death isn't it" he said holding out his hand "I'm Arannir, nice to met you"

Perry M

Athena slowly rode up to the Whiterun Stables, not sure what would unfold in the walls. It was a stormy night, another thing she regretted, and knew it was just the beginning of the troubles. Leaving her horse, Shadow, in shelter she paid the owner to take care of her. With her business concluded, she walked to the front gates while being alert for any trouble. Inside however, it was similar to Markarth, it was quiet and no threat of danger about. Her travels had not taken her to Whiterun for a while, but she remembered the Bannered Mare easily.
    That was the plan. Simply sit out and wait for these "others" to arrive, they may not even be worthy of fighting side by side with. She only hoped to find someone similar, both a warrior of strength and shadow.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
    OOC: I always come in at the worst time XD Why can't I be here at the start? >_< Oh, and merry Christmas ^_^

Cold, persistent rain dripped onto Briar's forehead. Irritably, the wood elf put her hood up, muttering curses about the rain under her breath. Just yesterday she had been sitting in an inn at Dragon Bridge, comfortable and by a fire. But a courier just had to come in and tell her that she was summoned to Whiterun. At first she had decided that she wouldn't go, but Briar's curiosity got the best of her, and here she was, outside of the gates. She led her horse into the Whiterun Stables. While she preferred to seem like she cared about no one, her horse was an exception. Briar had a love for animals, and particularly liked her horse. She approached the owner, telling him that he had better take care of the animal.

Briar entered the gates cautiously. She had never been to Whiterun. In fact, she'd only lived in Skyrim for a few months. It was cold and wet. But there was work for her in thieving and assassination - or at least, more than in Valenwood. Briar looked around. The streets of Whiterun were empty. After all, it was late at night, and the weather was foul. Entering the Bannered Mare, a surge of warmth overtook here. It was noisy and packed, but it had a cheerful atmosphere. Briar took her hood down, shaking her head to get the rainwater out of it. Time to wait for the others to show up. If they ever did.

Alphonse spurred his horse on again. The poor beast was already tired, but so was Alphonse and the silhouettes of the city of Whiterun started to show on the dark horizon. Holding his shield over his head to stop the rain a bit, he squinted to make sure it was Whiterun. Skyrim was so confusing, ugh. All these mountains looked the same to the Redguard.

Dismounting at the stables, he saw another drenched horse in one of the stalls. That meant more travellers had just arrived, and Alphonse felt as sorry for them a for himself. Walking up the hill, past the gatehouse, to the gates, Alphonse looked at the guard. He recognised the guy under the mask, and greeted him warmly. Though the guard seemed to have forgotten him, Alphonse was immediately let into the gates without further questioning.

He walked past the smithy and the general store, past the well in the center of the small town square. When opening the door of the inn, a gust of warmth blew in his face, and he knew the cold outside air was getting inside. Quickly closing the door behind him, Alphonse moved to the fireplace and sat in front of it, putting his bag of javelins up against the wall. He looked around the inn for any friendly faces, while the innkeep brought him a mug of mulled mead.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Vilmar nodded towards the city "Shall we?" He turned to the gates, removing the token from a belt pouch. Turning to the guard, he held it up for inspection. Although he seemed less than happy about letting an Altmer into the city, they didn't stop him. He headed to the Bannered Mare and chose a small table, in a corner facing the door, and scanned the room. Clearly, many of those in the room were not Nords. Glancing at his token once again, wondering if they might be connected. "An interesting collection" he murmured to himself, wondering where Avani had gotten to.

As a matter of fact, Avani was outside the inn, standing in the rain, water trickling down her face. She stood safely out of the torchlight, watching distinctly non-Nord adventurers enter the inn. When the last of them entered, she too slipped in the door, keeping a mistrustful eye on the patrons. She was more than ready to defend Vilmar to the last, which of course she'd never say.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Valar giggled when Arannir introduced himself but get stiffed by the Armored High Elf. He looked the newcomer over but saw nothing special. In fact nothing seemed special as he approached watched the armored elf leave them on the road. Valar smiled all the same to the new elf.

"Valar... I was going t ask what you do... but I see your a hunter." Valar had a even voice though not very loud could be described as husky or rough, especially for an elf. He bowed and turned to start his trek up to the Bannered Mare. As he passed the stable he saw a fine horse, much finer than the others in the stable. Valar approached the stables and knocked on the door. His thoughts far away from Arannir and the dead men in the road.

"Who's horse?"

"What is it to you ash-face?"

"Because I haven't been able to kill something in a while. My sword thirsts." Valar smiled, and patted his sword at his side, and asked again. Each tap fiercer than the last till it rang, even through the rain. The stableman's gaze lingered on the strange thin blade the Dunmer carried at his side.

"An elf... But not like you. A forest walker. Meant no offense."

Valar winked at the man and flicked a few septims at him. He was not some Dark Brotherhood assassin, he lived for duels and fair combat. Murder was not what Valar lived for and the only reason he respected Ulfric Stormcloak was his victories in duels and warfare. A horse like that never belongs to someone boring, Valar mused. And interesting people usually are the ones worthy of a fight. But it was odd the number of elves being gathered together, especially given the Stormcloak dynasties rule. But Valar proved himself with his blade many times, and was eager to keep doing so.

Valar soon slipped his way through the gates flashing the token before the guard even spoke. Valar thought it was odd how much respect the little thing was commanding. He strode towards the Bannered Mare, his mind wondering if there is a worthy opponent. He forgot he was going to ask his Harbinger first. He was simply to excited from number of interesting people. The number of possibly worthy adversaries and/or companions was overwhelming for Valar.

blue 468

Arannir raised an eyebrow at the Dunmer he never really liked them, he never really trusted them. Shaking his head he walked to the gate "Where do you think your off to?" said one of the guards with a heavy nordic accent. Arannir sighed he hated being questioned, he put his hand inside his coat and pulled out the token he had revived. Grunting the guard moved aside allowing Arannir to pass.

Arannir walked though the city noticing the small amount of people continuing on he headed toward the Bannred Mare to see if he could find some answers.

Star Gazer

Arb walked down the streets of Whiterun, greeting all of the citizens he walked by. There wasn't a person in Whiterun who didn't know who he was. Although he did not have a septim to his name, he could still get by, while also rising to the top of the food chain. He had many friends in high places, but didn't forget to acknowledge the people of low social status. He knew everyone in the entire Whiterun hold by name, and even the Jarl would sometimes call for him up to Dragonsreach to exchange stories and chat about town gossip. "Arb! Did you hear what was going on in the Bannered Mare? Apparently adventurers from all across Skyrim were summoned to go on an adventure!" Said a child from the house Battle-Born. "Thanks, Rook! I'll be sure to check it out." With a nod, the boy ran off.

A large storm cloud raged above, tossing lightning down from the heavens into the distance. Arb waited under the Warmaiden's overhang, watching the rain fall while watching the people of Whiterun rush through the rain, looking for shelter. Arb saw a group of men with weapons galore walk down the streets through the rain. He presumed these men were the adventurers heading to the Bannered Mare. Arb stepped out into the rain, counting the weapons on the men's backs. They're carrying far more weapons than they need for a simple drink at the old Mare, maybe I should see for myself what's going on. He saw one of them turn their heads, and caught a glimpse of the man's face. The man's eyes.

If the Dawnguard had taught Arb anything, it was how to identify a vampire. There was slight discoloration, but it was how the man looked around, it seemed as if he was constantly ready for something to attack, constantly aware. Arb fingered his crossbow, but realized it would be foolish to attack a vampire when he's in a group. He knew he couldn't take them all on at once. He followed them into the inn and sat in a splintery wooden chair while he loaded his pipe. There was no need to light it, for it's fire enchantment had already lit the tobacco inside. He puffed silently on his intricately-carved pipe while keeping a sharp eye on the vampire.

Anwrise888

Anwrise sipped his favorite beverage, a bottle of Velvet Lachance. While he watched different people enter The Bannered Mare. Hmmm... I wonder how good these individuals would be in a fight. Then Anwrise thought the best way to test this, is a bar fight. Anwrise silently cast some illusion spells on a few of drunks around the room. As soon the first bottle got tossed. Anwrise looked at the inn owner across the bar table. Anwrise took out a sack of 1000 gold. Heres 1000 gold for the damages. Then the The female high elf sitting in a corner with another high elf got hit in the face with a roasted chicken leg. As soon as Anwrise saw her murderous expression. Anwrise took out another sack of gold and looked at the inn owner. ... and heres another 1000 for the mess... Anwrise smiled to himself as he witnessed a redguard get pushed into his bag of javelins up against the wall by a fat nord. Anwrise continued to calmly sip his drink while being unfazed and untouched by the chaos he had just caused.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    " I don't know why you won't simply let me turn you" pouted Avani, who'd entered some time ago and taken the seat beside him. Her 'let me bite you' crusade had been going on for several months now, and every time, Vilmar had denied her. These days, she simply complained about it. Then the Inn, which had been quite and peaceful for the most part, erupted in a brawl. The suddenness of it was startling for certain, but Vilmar and Avani had been fighting partners for almost a year. They hopped to their feet, backs to the wall. "No weapons" the Altmer warrior instructed his partner, and grinned slightly when he heard an irritated sigh. The pair did their best to deflect drunken Nords, away from them and into others or the floors or walls. For the most part, it worked. The patrons were drunk and Nords' are clumsy fighters at the best of times. Until one Nord, perhaps less drunk than the rest, and driven by the racial hatred that so defined his people, lunged forward, driving a dagger into Avani's stomach. "Oh,no" fearing the bloodshed that was about to follow, he grabbed for his companion, but she slipped from his grasp easily.

Avani stood stone still for a moment, schooling her face to avoid showing any type of pain. The Nord frowned, and glanced at the dagger protruding from her stomach. Any normal woman would have been on the ground shrieking in pain, or at least bleeding from the mouth. Then she smiled at him. She heard her companions worried breath and smiled all the wider, gleefully revealing her fangs. "Oh,yes!" She exclaimed leaping upon the man, wrapping her legs around him, placing her hands on his shoulders and biting deeply into his throat, feeding upon his lifeblood.

Star Gazer

Arb watched the events play out slowly at first, one thing led to another, but chaos ensued. The table where he sat was near the corner of the room, right next to the door. He had an exit route, but had to make sure the vampire did nothing stupid. He sat silently, pulling the pipe from his mouth to maintain a smaller profile in the dark, unseen corner of the room.

He saw the vampire, surrounded for a moment, stabbed in the next moment. Arb caught himself grinning, but he knew this would not kill her. Vampires were tougher than mere men, the monster inside them gave them extreme pain tolerance, but Arb knew this was his chance to get the bloodsucker out of his town. The vampire lunged on a nearby elf. He pulled out his crossbow and shot one bolt into the woman's neck, but her victim would be turned.

Arb attempted to load his crossbow to kill the bitten nord, but a small group of men detached from the violence to deal with him. Seeing he had no means of protecting himself, he spun, smacking the largest nord in the chest with his crossbow, knocking his breath out. This bought him the few precious seconds he needed to escape the inn.

Oh great, Alphonse thought as he was pushed onto the wall. Here we go again. A big, white fist came at him. Alphonse merely rolled away, and was satisfied when he heard the Nord's fingers break against the stone. Using the moment in which the assailant couldn't do anything but whine about his hand, Alphonse moved in and punched him in the face. And again. And again. Only when the blood began to flow from the Nord's mouth Alphonse stopped. Just in time to see another charging him. Sighing, Alphonse spun and ducked, grabbing the big man's arm and slinging the massive body over his shoulders. Alphonse put a foot at the Nord's throat to show his dominance, but in the corner of his eye he saw a third attacker. One knock on the Redguard's head knocked him to the ground, and the nord started kicking him. He could almost feel his ribs crack, and simply prayed help would arrive.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts