The 10 Best Perks Skyrim's New Leveling System Has To Offer

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
nice list. it makes me think of a list of worst perks in skyrim... like wax key lol

Elvus

Don't underestimate the power of the bone-breaker perk. It turns dwarven centurion's into scrap especially if you put all 3 perk points into it.

The Balance

Own Face.
Aye, it will instantly kill them if the spell does enough damage to instantly kill them anyway. Easy way to test it is to use sparks on an enemy about 1/4 health (that won't die from very low damage output) and see if they instantly die. They won't, because I've tried, but its worth checking out.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
lol ic... Then the only good thing about it is that the necromancers won't be able to bring the body back to life except I think there was a glitch were the ashes were still raised to have a zombie after me... annoying. The necrobitch never ran out of corpse with that bug

The Balance

Own Face.
Yeah, that's an annoying one. Don't really know what causes it - it seems to be pretty random. Honestly though, they don't live long enough for me to ever turn attention to their minions. Kinda sad that you can just ignore some enemies in the game, but that's just how it is at times.

The Balance

Own Face.
The bug is mentioned above is actually related to the animated corpse bug, not from a spell, but where a corpse will continue to walk in place, bounce around, etc. even though the creature is dead, and can be looted while doing so. Weird.

Panthera

Don Gato
I was wondering, if you combine Atronach (30% absorbing magica) and Magic Resistance (resist 30%) does it means that you get hit only by 40% of damage by magic? Or it's some other formula for calculating this? I just started new charecter as a mage type. Although I play mostly as assassion specialy now with this dual wielding... it's awsome and very well sutied for assassion type of charater. ^^

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I was wondering, if you combine Atronach (30% absorbing magica) and Magic Resistance (resist 30%) does it means that you get hit only by 40% of damage by magic? Or it's some other formula for calculating this? I just started new charecter as a mage type. Although I play mostly as assassion specialy now with this dual wielding... it's awsome and very well sutied for assassion type of charater. ^^

Can combine them sort of. Absorb is taken into account first, and if the spell gets through Magic Resistance comes into play, and then Elemental Resistance.

I currently use:

A neck and ring that provide 29% Magic Resistance each.
The Atronach Perk in Alteration 30% Magic Absorb.
The Atronach Stone 50% Magic Absorb.
Magic Resistance 3/3 in Alteration.
Some Magic resistances from a Mara quest 10% I think, maybe 15% can't remember.

So I have the cap on Magic Resistance 85%
The cap on Magic Absorb 80%

Simply put, if I'm hit with a spell it's unlikley it even effects me. If it does, it's like being carressed by natural yogurt and I don't feel it anyway.

The Balance

Own Face.
Yep, that's the way to do it. The only thing you have to worry about once you hit those caps is falling to your death, and or getting drilled by a high level enemy with a great weapon.

Really makes me wish they had a 'stats' screen, showing armor, magic resist, weapon damage, etc. all in one place.

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
Unbreakable pick has to be the best, giving you infinite chances at a lock

For once Shew i don't agree on this one most of the lockpicking perks are pretty useless tbh in my view, and picks are pretty easy to get think most of my toons have 99+ picks on them at all times (@later lvl's) and once you sorta work out the mini game that is lockpicking its not that hard tbh certainly not worth investing too many perks in.

And i still think "Extra Pockets" for 3 measly Perk points is well worth it!!!!

The Balance

Own Face.
Unbreakable pick might be the most over weighted perk in the game, needing a high skill level for almost no reward. Lockpicks are not hard to find, and weigh nothing. I agree with agincourt - every character I have has over 100 of them, and if by an act of god I forget how to pick locks and break 50+ on one lock, they're easy to find more of as well.

The Balance

Own Face.
I can't believe I even suggested Atronach on here :p Compared to the constant magic resistance provided earlier in the tree, there's not much comparison.

Through some experimentation, magic absorption > magic resistance in most situations. Even just playing with the Atronach stone's power is a considerable advantage as you've got a great chance of most magic not even doing damage to you, regardless of whether or not you use the magicka absorbed.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts