• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
Tommarrow 11/11/12 will be the one year anniversary of The Elder Scrolls 5; Skyrim. The game we all know and love and play to this very day.

The 1.5 patch has been out for quite a while, and were all in a frenzy about our beloved power leveling smithing daggers technique. If youre like me and you often make new characters and always love smithing, it gets tedious to smith a BAGILLION iron daggers. But with the new Exp by Value system it gets easier.

Of course smithing daggers and bracers still works but the raw monotony drives even the strongest of wills to their breaking point.

I reccommend Kolskeggr Mine and Karthwastern silver mines. In their you can mine enough gold/silver and gems to make expensive jewelry guarnteed to offer 3x the EXP of an iron dagger.

Now about enchanting. Learning enchantments is the fastest way to level up enchanting untill about... Enchanting level 30 then it takes about 5 new enchantments (without mage stone) to level and by then you should already know a pl*ps TON of enchants making new ones harder to find. So after level 30 just fill up your soul gems and arcane-away making as many enchanted items as you can.

I reccomend to do this, a Soul trap bow, and a nice long hunting trip. May i reccommend the Whiterun tundra or Pine forest (personal favs) fill up those soul gems, collect hides to make and enchant bracers, and refilling your enchanted item also increases the skill.

*This tactic will level (with time) Archery, Sneak, Enchanting, and Smithing.

Alright everyone have fun power leveling, if you have any ideas lemme know. Keep calm and Fus On, peace.

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
Forum Update 11/11/2012

Today is the one year anniversary of TES5 SKYRIM!

Refering to my previous posts; Smithing EXP is based on the value of the created item.

NEW FACTS: Tempering or Sharpening forged items will increase the value say an iron dagger

IRON DAGGER: DAMAGE 10 WEIGHT 2 VALUE 10

IRON DAGGER (FINE): DAMAGE 11 WEIGHT 2 VALUE 11

You might think, "So im making 10 Gold worth of EXP then 11 Gold worth of EXP, right?" WRONG

After sharpening the dagger the value only goes up by one, this WILL give you EXP but only as much as the added value to the weapon.

Imagine each weapon/armor has an "EXP potential" that you have to perfect the weapon/armor to get the max EXP from it.

So we've established that Smithing of Items of Value is worth more EXP with the Update 1.5 and whats the item worth the most gold? Why Gold of course!

Venture to Halted Stream Camp and mine all the iron ore (about 50 pieces) and pick up the spelltome: Transmute Mineral Ore, this spell will transform iron ore and silver ore into gold ore. Use this and any gems to make jewelry worth 3 - 5 times more EXP than iron daggers.

Rickysousa

IL Mentore
Forum Update: 11/22/2012

Leveling Smithing+Infinite Arrows

So from the last post you might know that smithing EXP comes from the collected value of the item created so smithing 2000 iron daggers might just melt your brain and transmuting iron ore then waiting then transmuting will rot your brain faster a Sunday Cartoon Marathon, but there is hope for all you wannabe archers out there.

If you are a archer (or crossbowman) Then having arrows is obviously essential. But what about if you want to be a smith too? Dont waste your time with iron daggers, smith yourself iron arrows (or crossbow bolts)

The market value (Price you would buy it for) for 1 iron arrow is 1 gold but smithing them gives you 24 to a quiver times how many ore you have thats an average of +14x EXP per iron ingot! Aaaaand one good sweep through Halted Stream Camp will give you about 49-53 iron ore times that by 24 arrows to a quiver you will have 1,176 - 1,272 iron arrows.

Now you might wonder, "Pssshhhhhh i have ebony arrows, newbzor!" yeah well screw you cause you're not paying attention. Your overall archery damage equation is more dependent on your bow than your arrow. So What? SO?! Use that smithing Skill and make your self a Badass bow, boy! (or girl, no sexist here) You will have leveled your smithing, a new shiny bow, and more arrows than you have enemies to put them in.

See you next time, Peace off

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts