That awkward moment when...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
That awkward moment when you completely forget your race unless someone calls you "lizard", "cat", or "elf".

Chadonraz

That awkward moment when you hear three Heimskrs preaching all at once -- and every one of them is uttering a different part of the preaching. :eek:

Never, ever wait for several days under the Gildergreen. Unless you're a super hardcore Heimskr fan.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
Kinda awkward/silly moment: I was clearing a bandit cave near Riften, Broken Helm hollow or something (?) and I came across this one bandit, who yelled the typical "You'll make a fine rug, cat!" And my level twenty one assassin, Shadari, proceeded to kill him with one hit (the sword in the gut cutscene). Instead of lying down, dead, he just stood there! It was like:

Bandit: Did-did you just stab me?

Shadari: Yep.

Bandit: You bitch! Aggghhhh!!!!

Then he just sorta...flopped over.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
...when you walk into the Bannered Mare for the very first time and Hulda, who you've never met before, gives you a gift for being such a good friend, and you think, "Well, that's really nice of her," and then you discover the gift is a clothes iron.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
That awkward moment when you realize that Blackreach isn't the part of Markarth where the Redguards live.

When you have to hike all the way to Dawnstar just to tell Horik Halfhand that Jon Snow killed his brother.

Catwoman

Notorious Cat Burglar
The awkward moment when you can't kill a Horker because you think they're like, the cutest thing you've ever seen.
r0wqdu.jpg

Neriad13

Premium Member
...when you walk into the Bannered Mare for the very first time and Hulda, who you've never met before, gives you a gift for being such a good friend, and you think, "Well, that's really nice of her," and then you discover the gift is a clothes iron.

And you spent how many days wading through a skeever pit beforehand? ;)

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
The awkward moment when you can't kill a Horker because you think they're like, the cutest thing you've ever seen.

You should see the old breed of Horker, they were like half-duck or something.​

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
That awkward moment when you walk past a rock that jumps up and claws you to death because it was actually a camouflaged mudcrab (stupid mudcrabs, why must they look like simple rocks?).

That awkward moment when you realize that Ysgramor isn't half as badass as you expect him to be when you meet him in Sovngarde

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
That awkward moment when you have to wake a sleeping NPC in order to fulfil a quest...

That awkward moment when you wake Isran to finish a quest and when you are done, he goes back to sleep saying, "Avoid sleep if you can. Sleep is for the weak"

When you miss the entrance to Fort Dawnguard and end up going to Morrowind

Wildroses

As some background, I have a mod installed which randomises the room you are given when you rent a bed at an inn.

That awkward moment when the innkeeper leads you to your newly rented room and there is an old guy asleep in your double bed, and you have to sleep next to him because all the other beds in the inn are owned.

I woke up feeling well rested, so I don't think anything happened...

ShangTsung

...And they don't talk to you because you had to break into their house...
"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN HERE :mad:"
omg ikr.. i have had soooooo many quests get screwed from that, cause most times they STAY pissed at you when that happens... i eventually learned never to bother anyone when their sleeping, you're asking for a bug if u do so, much safer to just wait for them to wake up.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Except for the ones who never seem to want to come out of their house and keep their door locked 24/7.

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
Except for the ones who never seem to want to come out of their house and keep their door locked 24/7.

Those paranoid shut-ins have seen too much. They sit, chin slumped upon trembling knees, afraid that a great darkness is coming.

A darkness that shall make children forget the sun. A darkness in which death is our only sweet embrace.

A darkness of...sweet roll theft.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
That awkward moment you realize that the only way to complete a quest is to cheat and you promised yourself you never would, ever... (e.g. when you're in the Ancestor Glade in the Dawnstar quest and you have to jump through a wall and go over a rock to get back in to the cave that you're locked out of in order to speak with Serana and complete the quest - thank goodness for YouTube videos).:)

ShangTsung

That awkward moment you realize that the only way to complete a quest is to cheat and you promised yourself you never would, ever... (e.g. when you're in the Ancestor Glade in the Dawnstar quest and you have to jump through a wall and go over a rock to get back in to the cave that you're locked out of in order to speak with Serana and complete the quest - thank goodness for YouTube videos).:)
yup.. this can occur out of rage as well, one time i got the bounty glitch in markarth, every time i'd go there the guards would attack relentlessly and refuse to arrest me, and i was too many saves up to go back before it happened.. so after a few times of getting my ass handed to me there i got so pissed i used the fortify loop to enchant a ring with a kazillion health just to go back and enact a bloody display of revenge, killed every damn guard in the town, left and sold the ring.. i felt quite satisfied.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts