• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rebecca2042

So I help out the good people of an area and buy a house. Or I buy property and build a house. The people in Whiterun seem appreciative and speak kindly to me. But in Solitude, or some other areas, the guards are still more than a little snotty. I have had them tell me to keep my hands to myself and even call me names like sneak thief. I ask you, is that any way for them to speak to their Thane? I think I should get to jab them in the eye with an arrow. Just saying.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Yeah, those Solitude snobs can get like that. Such a pity you can't get in their face and body slam them. If necessary, of course. ;)

Swaggajack

Forum nooblet - PS3 Master race
I prefer building my own place with the Hearthfire addon, i think that requires being a thane, so id rather be a thane.

Its really only good for the houses/property....the weapons the give you as a symbol are pretty much worthless once you start levelling up for real, and you can only get out of trouble one time with the guards by swinging your weight around...

I wish you could become Jarl somehow - i dont play on PC so i cant mod without going through a bunch of tedious steps...

-The Ice Queen-

Rightful Queen of Skyrim
If the holds change Jarls in the Civil War questline change, I think you can actually "re-thane." The change of government will also drop any bounty you've had in that particular hold as well, so choose your assassinations carefully! Unless, of course, you simply don't give a crap.

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
I prefer building my own place with the Hearthfire addon, i think that requires being a thane, so id rather be a thane.

Its really only good for the houses/property....the weapons the give you as a symbol are pretty much worthless once you start levelling up for real, and you can only get out of trouble one time with the guards by swinging your weight around...

I wish you could become Jarl somehow - i don't play on PC so i cant mod without going through a bunch of tedious steps...

Same here, I love building my houses but yes, those weapons are useless. I wish there was a way that Bethesda added mods or a list of mods that you could add in (i.e The High King Of Skyrim Mod). It's probably impossible but hey, it's worth a shot. Or even better, let the player use the internet to find mods, download them and boom! Modded Skyrim in less than 5 minutes. I'd so download the apocalypse magic mod.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts