Thalmor Embassy... without a weapon

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bhayes46

I find myself stuck in the Thalmor Embassy, and I've been caught and am being chased by everyone in sight. The biggest problem is I have no weapon at all, since the game glitched and didnt give me my weapons, which is apparently a common glitch. I have nothing saved prior to being in the Thalmor Embassy. I've worked for at least an hour trying to scrounge up any possible weapon in the area and use my magic in any effective way, but to no avail. What can I possibly do?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
My friend had the same problem lol it's hilarious. Anyways I told him to give me the controller and I had to sneak around the guards. Try that.

Necromis

Also if you can kill at least one of the guards you can loot their body for armour and equipment. I doubt the walk thru will help him at this point if he had absolutely no equipment.

patrick88

and the biggest piece of advice anyone can offer is to ALWAYS make sure you have a savegame you can fall back on - make a manual save game before starting any new quest etc

if in doubt, steam has a facility to backup your savegames

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I doubt the walk thru will help him at this point if he had absolutely no equipment.

It would if he reloads an earlier save to before he met with Malborn at the Winking Skeever as I suggested.

Necromis

I would agree with you on that, however, the original post says no saves prior to being in the mission.

Jwalker224

make good use of your shouts, the time slowing one is useful as well as become ethereal, unrelenting force or fire breath is also good if your being crowded up and cornered

bhayes46

I don't have any saved games before entering the Thalmor Embassy. I do not have any weapons to kill a guard. Yes, I understand these are huge problems/mistakes on my part, but they can't be fixed right now. I've heard there is a mace in the dungeon somewhere, and I think that's pretty much my only shot at getting out of here. Is this true? Any better options?

bhayes46

How can I kill them with magic? I pretty much only have Unrelenting Force and the Whirlwind Sprint (or whatever it's called)? I also have the fire one, but I can't seem to get that to work.

Necromis

When you first go thru that door and into the hall, around the corner in that room on the right there are Thalmor robes and the such. I think there is also some kind of weapon in there, too. I would either put those robes on which should increase your magika and its regen, and then put flames as your main weapon. Once it is selected as your main weapon you activate it just like you would swinging a weapon and if you hold that button down it does a continuous jet of flames.

If all else fails and you are on a computer you can hit the ~ to go into console mode, type in tim to activate immortal mode, fight the guards on the ground floor bare handed and after they are dead loot their bodies for armour and weapons. Then just turn immortal off and proceed normally. Oh and in case you don't know hit ~ again to exit console commands.

cddodds3

Found myself in a similar situation in the embassy. My fault for clicking through the conversation with the bartender earlier to be able to store my weapons. Anyway I was weaponless as well and lowered the difficulty setting as low as it would go and still couldn't survive. However I did decide to reload a previous save where I am first walking into the embassy. Instead of joining the party right away I turned right back out of the embassy out of desperation and was contemplating how to escape. The guard tells you that all guests need to go inside but I noticed my traveling companion was there with me. I clicked on her and asked to trade equipment. Luckily she had a steel sword so took it from her and returned into the party to start the quest. Surprisingly no one noticed the sword but I kept it unequipped until after I created the distraction and started making my way to the kitchen. I still did not have any armor but having the steel sword and healing myself with magic during the first encounter allowed me to defeat the first 2 guards and wizard. Obviously you want to take their equipment and hack your way through the rest of this annoying mission that took me way too long to get through. I hope this saves you time but more importantly keeps you from thinking you need to restart this game.

Loxoceles

sneak sneak sneak, worked for me. Once past the upstairs Wizard and outside you can pickpocket a
bow. Then the slaughter begins. Don't for get to pick up the jewel on the way out of the cave.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts