PC Textures not Loading

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well the usual questions are what patch level of the game you're running and how up to date are your graphics drivers. Let's start there with the basics and see if we can help you out.

The other thing you might want to do is the 'check file integrity' which is within Steam (though it may be called something slightly different because I always, always, always forget the exact phrase). If you're missing files for some reason or something in the download got corrupted, that's supposed to address it, I believe.

Metalmoura

I updated the latest patch for my graphics card, and i also checked the file integrity as well, sorry should have mentioned that.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Are you still right at the beginning of the game in the cart? Or have you managed to get to Riverwood? Some folks seem to have had some success fast-traveling somewhere or entering and exiting someplace that has to load an environment.

You don't have mods installed yet, do you?

Metalmoura

still at the beginning just as i get into town the game actually freezes. so i cant even save or get any further. and no i do not have any mods

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Can you post the exact version of your graphics driver? There are some known issues with a few of them. Though none that I can specifically say cause textures not to load. But it's worth a try.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
That's the right one as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, I'm about to head to bed, but hopefully someone else can pick up this thread. We have a few folks who are pretty excellent at diagnosing more deep-rooted graphics issues. I'm sorry none of the easy stuff fixed the problem :sadface: Please be patient though. With that card, I have confidence it can be worked out.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What graphics settings are you running at? (And good morning :) )

Have you tried turning them all down using the Options at the initial splashscreen (before the whole game loads up) to see if that kicks the textures in? Even if you have to run at low for a few minutes, I'm curious to see if it puts some sort of textures in place. Have you change any of the graphics settings at all since it autodetected them?

On a whim, try turning off anti-aliasing too.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Did you include the free high resolution texture pack as part of your download?

Metalmoura

well, actually i checked and yes, steam did add the high res and did have it on, once i turned it off the problem stopped. so can i not use the high res?

Metalmoura

I do have 1GB of video ram, in any case i am sure there are other HD graphical packs other people have made so no worry's. thank you very much for your help i really appreciate you guys taking the time.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I do have 1GB of video ram, in any case i am sure there are other HD graphical packs other people have made so no worry's. thank you very much for your help i really appreciate you guys taking the time.
Yeah, I wasn't really impressed with the high resolution texture pack from Bethesda. I use the Skyrim HD - 2K Textures which you can get at Nexus. It's an extremely popular mod.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts