TESO - Discussion & Recruitment

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kal

Owner - The Tamriel Traveler
I never played any of the Elder Scrolls series prior to Skyrim, but I fell in love with it there. I am probably looking forward to ESO above any other game release this year. The cinematic trailer left me drooling
, and I have already signed up for beta.

What are you looking forward to the most with this game? How do you see yourself playing mostly? (PvP, Casual, Shenanigans, etc...)

I am actually considering creating my own guild, aligned with the Aldmeri Dominion. I hate the Thalmor, but I do like playing as a Bosmer, so whattayado right?

Anyway, share your thoughts here. I would also welcome anyone who would like to assist me with the creation of a guild (website, etc..). I can throw a pretty decent (but not incredibly graphic enhanced) website together relatively quickly, but could definitely use some graphic design talent and some moderators for the forums and such.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
I can't say I'm looking forward to it much because of the monthly subscription thing. With the money I would be pushing out for the game I could spend on better things actually needed, like food, gas, rent, and even to people who are starving. But then again, I will definitely give it a try because it looks/sounds very fun. If it turns out to be a great, deserving game, then a subscription will definitely be considered.

And I like being Bosmer, too, so when I test it out I'm going to be either a Bosmer or a Nord, or maybe a Khajiit. However, some things I look forward to is exploring the world of Tamriel...online, with others. Oh, and new spells, armour/weapons and places to visit. It will be a truly enjoyable experience, but sadly I don't know enough about the game to give bigger details on.

Kal

Owner - The Tamriel Traveler
Fair enough. I'm also somewhat concerned about a possible monthly charge. There is a lot of debate around it, and no solid information. I have to say though, everything that I have read leads me to believe that they won't do one, or it will be minimal. I agree that it better be amazing if they want a monthly commitment. Especially if I'm building a website and guild community for it.

Thanks for the response!

LucasNL

I like going through dungeons so that's probably what I will be doing. Perhaps if there are like-minded people out there they are free to join.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
It would be nice if we could switch between, but that doesn't seem like it would work well on an online game.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
They have already announced that you can play in both third and first person.

Gunnbjorn

Gunnbjorn, do you have a link? I haven't been able to find any confirmation anywhere.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining my guild and/or being a part of the effort for the new community, let me know. I have a Facebook group created for planning and brainstorming.

I read another article on it but can't find it. Here's another one.

This Week In MMO 130: Planetside 2 eSport

There is first person, but it's the kind in which you cannot see your weapons.

Gunnbjorn

Well its still better than nothing. 3rd person would be a deal breaker for me. I played LOTRO in the same without hands 1st person.

I'm a LOTRO player myself :)

3rd person has always been my style though, I play Skyrim in 3rd.

Adventurer

Tastes change they are a matter of personal preference.

My LOTRO char is on Snowbourn name Luwiin and he is a Loremaster. I do not play too much lately. If I get selected for beta I'll most likely switch to TESO for a good while. If not, I shall see...

Gunnbjorn

Tastes change they are a matter of personal preference.

My LOTRO char is on Snowbourn name Luwiin and he is a Loremaster. I do not play too much lately. If I get selected for beta I'll most likely switch to TESO for a good while. If not, I shall see...

My players are on Silverlode,

Syntho - 75 Burglar
Synrond - 47 Lore Master
Arillious - 43 Warden
Gunnbjorn - 33 Champion

I'm done with the game, TESO is going to replace it.

Adventurer

I have other lower level toons Luwiin is on levelcap. I started with a hunter as my all time favorite is the sneaking archer, but LOTRO does not implement that type of character well. So I switched to loremaster. If I ever get serious with LOTRO again my next one will be a Burglar - I see you have experience with that :).

Let us not hijack this thread further :D.

I am content that TESO will have some kind of 1st person at least.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts