• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
Well, they can probably make a race that was formed by a Daedric god to kill everybody in Tamriel but they turned good race, but they probably won't D:
too bad :sadface:

Ganathar

As a player who has played only Oblivion and Skyrim but not Morrowind and the previous TES games, I can say that Skyrim was overall a vast improvement to Oblivion. There are of course plenty of things that I would like to see in the next TES games in addition to what we have now.

My main concern lies with the factions, the factions of Oblivion seem to have had longer questlines and they had some memorable quests such as "the ultimate heist". What Skyrim does better in regards to factions is that there are more sidequests after you complete the faction questlines. However as said before the actual questlines are shorter. Another improvement that Skyrim made was faction conflicts (Stormcloaks vs. Imperials and Volkihar vs. Dawnguard) which adds some replay value and makes choices matter a little bit, too bad the Imperial vs. Stormcloak conflict had no sidequests and had two factions with basically the same quests.
As a player who wants choices to matter more in an RPG, I believe that the devs should think more about factions next time around. So I came to the conclusion that the next TES game should have a huge variety of different factions. Many of these factions will have a particular diety that they revere above the other dieties. You will only be able to join 9 of these factions and follow their diety's ideals, this will shape your character to a character with a personality, since he will follow the chosen deities for his own reasons. Of course these factions will all have unique rewards including Daedric and Aedric artifacts in the end of their questlines. These gods will includ the Daedric Lords the 9 Divines and other gods such as Sithis.

Joining these factions will also have consequences. If you join a secret cult devoted to Talos the Thalmor will try to hunt you down. If you join the vigilants of Stendarr you won't be able to worship any of the Daedric lords. If you join any of the Daedric lord you will be hunted by the vigilants of Stendarr. These consequences are just examples and there are many more that could be implemented.

There are many factions that we could have with this system.

For example we could have:
  • The Vigilants of Stendarr who are devoted to Stendarr and hunt down all the Daedra and all of the Daedric followers.
  • The Thieves Guild who worship Nocturnal.
  • The Dark Brotherhood, assassins that praise Sithis.
  • The cult of Dibella, skimpy Priests and Priestesses that practice the "Dibellan arts", if you know what I mean.
  • A vampire clan that worships Molag Bal.
  • A pack of werewolves, devoted of Hircine.
  • A college of mages that praises Julianos.
  • A secret society that worships Talos away from the eyes of the Thalmor.
  • And many more factions.
Some factions without deities could also exist but they must have rivalties so that you are forced to choose. The system with deities central to factions would be there so that you can choose them according to your beliefs.

Other stuff that I would like to be added is more types of weapons, such as spears (both 1-handed and 2-handed), scimitars, shortswords (oblivion), throwing axes, throwing knives and javelins. I would also like a spellcrafting skill that can make most of the available spells in the game and let you upgrade any spells that you have learned via some special craftable orbs or something. Athletics could also make a return. Finally we need more Daedra, lots and lots of Daedra, these Daedra could be summonable and even enemies or allies depending on which gods you worship. (This statement doesn't mean that I want Oblivion Gates. PAH!!! Did they start to get annoying after a while.)

maybe better character animations? like assasins creed

Better character animations along with perk trees that mostly give flashy special abilities instead of +20/40/60/80/100% damage or armor, those stat boosts should be governed by your skills and attributes.
yes that should be a big change, but TES is known for its crappy animations

Stone

Retired Moderator
A lot of things on your wishlist are also the same as I would like to see. Definitely the more mudcrabs wish, you can never get enough of killing them!

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
What do you mean exactly?
I'm thinking he means a suggestion I would like to see aswell, but I would call it "Survival Mode"

It would be a mode where your stats (eer if we had stats) are fatigued if you don't sleep or eat enough, as well as wear too much clothing in the heat, or not enough in the cold. Things like that.

If that isn't what he meant, thats still what I would like to see.

nolandman

I'm thinking he means a suggestion I would like to see aswell, but I would call it "Survival Mode"

It would be a mode where your stats (eer if we had stats) are fatigued if you don't sleep or eat enough, as well as wear too much clothing in the heat, or not enough in the cold. Things like that.

If that isn't what he meant, thats still what I would like to see.
Makes sense. So you're thinking it would be an option, somewhat like how you pick the difficulty (Novice, Apprentice, etc-the highest possibly being or simply just an off shoot: "Survival Mode") Hmm, I wouldn't want to lump it in like what I just did there (putting it in the game difficulty scale) for fear that it might be just too damn hard to play; assuming that "Survival" would be the hardest. Going further to assume that they would stack the effects we suggested on top of the aspects that they tweak already to make the game harder by tier. At the end of this long tangent I would have to say that I would like it as a separate option from the difficulty setting (but thats probably what you thought of to begin with). But to leave with another question: What do you think about making it an option in the first place? Something that you can toggle on and off. Would that add of take away from the experience in your opinion?

Xarnac

All of the cut depth added back.

Well, as long as we aren't in Hammerfell, High Rock, or Morrowind again, we won't have to worry about Dwemer Ruins.
There are more places than just that with Dwemer ruins.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Makes sense. So you're thinking it would be an option, somewhat like how you pick the difficulty (Novice, Apprentice, etc-the highest possibly being or simply just an off shoot: "Survival Mode") Hmm, I wouldn't want to lump it in like what I just did there (putting it in the game difficulty scale) for fear that it might be just too damn hard to play; assuming that "Survival" would be the hardest. Going further to assume that they would stack the effects we suggested on top of the aspects that they tweak already to make the game harder by tier. At the end of this long tangent I would have to say that I would like it as a separate option from the difficulty setting (but thats probably what you thought of to begin with). But to leave with another question: What do you think about making it an option in the first place? Something that you can toggle on and off. Would that add of take away from the experience in your opinion?

I wouldn't put it as a difficulty setting so to speak. Like you are kind of saying, it would be a preference if anything.

I personally would have the "Survival idea's" just part of the game all together. The TES games have become about surviving the wilds of Tamerial, and getting chewed on by a wolf in the night should be just as common as freezing to death imo. However, I could see alot of people complain about it. (They would hate camping, eating, sleeping, changin clothes all the time) When I see it as a game of "Surviving all odds" others might just want to crawl dungeons and kill things. They wouldn't be unwarrented on what they want, so that's the only reason I would request it an option.... that is if anyone ever gave a crap what I suggested :D

Rivertold

More skill-based melee combat. More moves, definitely a roll/dodge button (could be dependent on whether you wear heavy, light or cloth, if you have shield and so on). I don't wanna see Elder Scrolls become spectacle fighter, all moves should be realistic of course, but giving more options for melee would be awesome. Parry ability, where when you press block at the exact time an attack connects you take even less damage with a shield or do some kind of counter-attack with 2handed. There's a lot of stuff TESVI could borrow from 3rd person action games.

Different zones on enemy body result in different damage. Headshots with bow would be almost always instant kill to humans, but should be extremely difficult to perform (by increasing arrow parabola).

Even better 3rd person (though Skyrim really improved over Oblivion).

Oh, and I forgot - NO MORE LOADING SCREENS! Come on game developers, its 2012. There were games for Playstation ONE that had no loading screens (look up Soul Reaver, which had more than decent graphics for its time). Yes, on PC they are short. That's because there is not a single reason to have loading screens for every hut and cave for PC.

nolandman

I wouldn't put it as a difficulty setting so to speak. Like you are kind of saying, it would be a preference if anything.

I personally would have the "Survival idea's" just part of the game all together. The TES games have become about surviving the wilds of Tamerial, and getting chewed on by a wolf in the night should be just as common as freezing to death imo. However, I could see alot of people complain about it. (They would hate camping, eating, sleeping, changin clothes all the time) When I see it as a game of "Surviving all odds" others might just want to crawl dungeons and kill things. They wouldn't be unwarrented on what they want, so that's the only reason I would request it an option.... that is if anyone ever gave a crap what I suggested :D
That's exactly what I wanted to hear/thought!! Personally I think the intensity of the game would make it that much more appealing if the features were locked in; but like you said I too foresee people getting tired of what they would probably consider "mundane" to "useless" added features. But eh, just good to know someone else is on the same page.

Arn Magnus

I'd personally like to see a new way of introducing the player to the game despite bethesda's love of making us start out as a prisoner, going all the way back to arx fatalis. Something where we start the game washed up on a shore with a shipwreck on the beach and start from there with some essential npcs waiting ready to intercept us and tell us what's going down. Even a scenario where we start off free and get to play a while before being captured and then starting the main story that way, possibly with an escape or being set free by some opposing faction to the authority that has us incarcerated.

Skarv

The most important thing,in my opinion, that Elder Scrolls 6 needs is a more skill trees: I would move the Necromancy from Conjuration and make a new tree names Necromancy, but I would also add some skills in Necromancy. I would like to see Shadow become one of the new skills, I would make Fire spells do more damage instead of having a DoT, so if it does 10 damage and has a DoT, Fire spells will do 14? damage and Shadow spells would have a DoT. Now in Conjuration to substitute Necromancy maybe add Demonology? Because how cool would it be to conjure demons!

a list:
NO full continent of Tamriel, since TES online is doing that and it could only be stable enough online, so just one or two provinces (my hope is valenwood/elsweyr with summerset isle as dlc)

NO throwing stars, we arent going to Akavir yet (and akavir is an allegory for asia) so we dont need asian-themed weapons except for katanas being included with the blades

throwing weapons i do want though, but logical ones, yes we've all played runescape and they had throwing axes, but knives are much more stealth-centric and throwing axes dont mesh with a warrior.

a climbing animation to make climbing mountains more feasible, also applicable to climbing fort wallas or houses

if we really wanted to own land and make farms or villages, we'd be writing on the fable forums, wouldn't we?

do not bring back the armorer skill from oblivion, even aesthetically, because it would still be too much of a waste of time.

however, i do want some logical upgrades done to the crafting systems, such as in smithing: you have 3 dragon bones, and 2 dragon scales and you want to make a dragon bone cuirass, ok cool you do that, but you get a chest plate and a back plate with some chainmail covering the shoulders, so you go get 3 more dragon bones and upgrade it (tentatively) to level 2 where it gives you shoulder plates, and (tentatively) level three covers your obliques and forearms with some armor, and now you have a fully upgrades dragon cuirass. basically, make upgrading and crating things more aesthetic and more powerful.

(SPOILER SPOILER) with the arrival of dawnguard we met the real Falmer (not the blind creepers in the dungeons) and they are totally civilized, i see no reason why bethesda couldnt make some story or another where they open up to the world and become another playable race. (END SPOILER)

as i said with the armor creation, this falls into it somewhat. when you first make a piece of armor, it is light armor, always, with steel you start with chainmail, with dragon you get a skinny little scale chestplate, but when you upgrade it, and put more stuff onto it, oh voila you have heavy armor now! that being said, you could have glass heavy armor, heavy elven, light daedric, light ebony, etc. plus more materials to make stuff out of

adding little things like pieces of colored cloth to the backs of the pauldrons gives you a cape or cloak, adding cloth to the inside of your gauntlets gives you a slight frost resist, etc.

make the less boring and more memorable, just like we got scars and facepaint in skyrim, why couldnt bethesda make an engine to randomize troll faces with scars, long manes, blood and gore around their lips, etc.

i got very bored and depressed with skyrim for one reason: the voice acting. yes i know they got 60 plus actors for it, but that doesnt change the fact that they still sounded the same, like they TRIED to sound identical. what im saying is: have 5 actors for the dark elf men, 5 for the women(per se), in any given city, their routines and daily motions bring them nowhere near eachother at any given time so as to avoid conversations between the same voice.

(SEMI-SPOILER)im not 100% sure if this was in skyrim but say we are capped at the 81 max, that doesnt mean that all the level one dragons have magically died, and only the level 60's are left, no, a mix of all ;level dragons etc in the next game. because we all know that they left it open enough to keep dragons in tamriel for good right?

comments, what do you think for a first timer? did i break all the rules magically?

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Just list everything that you'd like to see in The Elder Scrolls 6.

My Wishlist:

Adopt Kids

Have Kids

Divorce and Mary again

finally, now I can have kids get divorced and marry my kids and breed new and improved versions of myself!!![/quote]

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
As a player who wants choices to matter more in an RPG, I believe that the devs should think more about factions next time around. So I came to the conclusion that the next TES game should have a huge variety of different factions.

I have played in Morrowind and it had lots of factions, so many that I'm still playing it and still loving it as much as when I play Skyrim. One of the cool factions Morrowind had was the Great Houses (Redoran, Hllaulu, and Telvanni) where you could only join one and what would make this better is if these factions had fought each other instead of just competing with each other. With Skyrim's 4 factions (not including civil war) I felt angry because the factions are the best quests because they build off of each other and become a story and you feel great accomplishment when you become the grandmaster of the fighter, theives, and mages guilds, as well as the grandmaster of a great house, the leader of the Morag Tang, Imperial Legion, and Imperial Cult with even more.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I'd personally like to see a new way of introducing the player to the game despite bethesda's love of making us start out as a prisoner, going all the way back to arx fatalis. Something where we start the game washed up on a shore with a shipwreck on the beach and start from there with some essential npcs waiting ready to intercept us and tell us what's going down.

The ship could be a prison ship where you are sentenced to drowning for some odd reason and then instead of being rescued by a dragon you are rescued by a kracken!!! You then have to steer the ship to the nearest land causing the shipwreck where you are greeted by the essential npcs and you tell them about the kracken. :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts