• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
About the multiplayer option...isn't tes 6 supose to be the online version that comes next year?
Though it is said that will have both a singleplayer option and online option :/

No, thats not even being devolped by Bethesda, and from what I've read so far, it's not going to be a TES style game (IE FPP RPG) but some WoW clone set in Tamriel.

ME3 style multiplayer (four-player running dungeons as such) would be a good idea, and a fight pit kind of place where players can engage in Brawls against eacother (betting gold)

I'd like to see the following though:

1. More armour slots and the ability to wear clothes under armour
  2. More weapons (IE: Shortswords, Warhammers, Poleaxes and throwing weapons)
  3. A more intricate crafting system, such as the ability to name crafted weapons without having to enchant them. The ability to hone weapons to be more effective against different types of creature or race (such as Wuthraad was more effective against elves) and more customisation options (Grip colour for weapons, the ability to add decorations to armour, such as bear skulls to the pauldrons).
  4. Return of the joinable Knight orders.
  5. The return of Spellcrafting, and link this with Enchanting.
  6. The ability to buy land and build on it.
  7. Marriage MEANS marriage, as in actually becoming a parent and raising a child to young adulthood, and depending how you treat him/her (Childspawning would be random) decides how loyal a son/daughter they will be, spend more time with them as children and they'll grow up to be effective followers.
  8. A Hardcore mode that forces you to eat and sleep while playing.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
I doubt many will agree with this, but I'd love to see a sequel to Skyrim set just a few years later. You receive the option to continue one of your characters from Skyrim through the magic of save porting.
the story is a sequel to the Civil War questline, revolving around freeing Tamriel of the Thalmor. The game could be set in several provinces: The Summerset Isles, Valenwood, Elsweyr perhaps.

perkecet

I doubt many will agree with this, but I'd love to see a sequel to Skyrim set just a few years later. You receive the option to continue one of your characters from Skyrim through the magic of save porting.
the story is a sequel to the Civil War questline, revolving around freeing Tamriel of the Thalmor. The game could be set in several provinces: The Summerset Isles, Valenwood, Elsweyr perhaps.
they certainly won't do save porting, so don't expect it. i think this has a good possibility of being the plot of the next game. the issue with continuing a character from skyrim is that only one side will win the civil war in elder scrolls canon, so those whose characters won the war for the other side wouldn't work, thus, this feature won't be implemented.

Well, what if , if you owned Skyrim, you could choose a previous save and that will become part of the mentioned past events. For example, you kill the emperor. Town guards comment on how much of a shame that was, for it allowed the stormcloaks to win, etc.

stagnant94

okay, i made a thread about this ages ago but ill just copy and paste it here.

good luck, and if you manage to read the whole thing before dying ill buy you a cookie:

In a future game, you could become jarl (or whatever the alternative is) who is in charge of a slightly ruined or small city/town (like winterhold) and you can upgrade it in these ways...

1. Build houses: obliviously to increase population.

2. Install Market place: to increase merchants and income

3. Recruit guards: to increase security

4. Build city wall: to prevent bandits and raiders from attacking

5. Build stables: better transport

6. Build shops: increases merchants and income (varieties of shops included)

7. Build guard barracks: they aren't just going to sleep on the streets

8. Build prison: a place to put the lawbreakers

9. Execution stand: increases moral (who dosnt love a good execution?)

10. Build farm: increase income and trade products

11. Build mill: same as above

12. Build port

A lot of little improvements can be added...

1. Improve paths

2. Add lights

3. Improve homes

And some more personal improvements, for your keep, these include...

1. Upgrade keep: this changes the keep from a typical longhouse to something better

2. Improve dining area: makes the food more luxourious, as well as the table

3. Upgrade entrance hall: adds rugs, display cases and decoration

4. Rename keep: you choose

5. Hire housecarl: you can choose one of your followers, they protect you from assassination attempts.

6. Improve meeting room: this varies depending on what faction you choose and includes a map of the province

7. Upgrade throne room: makes it nicer, adds decoration, better throne etc

NOTE: UPGRADE KEEP MUST BE PURCHASED FIRST.

Improvements to the jarls quarters.

1. Master bedroom

2. Living area

3. Porch

4. Garden (there is a door leading into a secluded garden

5. Childs bedroom ( 2 max)

6. Stewards room

7. Housecarls room

8. Corridor

Some more interesting stuff...

1. Improve relations with thieves guild: want something someone else has? Or want to sabotage someone?

2. Make contact in the dark brotherhood: is someone really annoying you?

3. Improve trade relations with a city (you can only trade with people in your province to begin with, you can trade with outsiders if you purchase the expand foreign influence option)

4. Expand foreign influence: read above

5. Add warriors guild: trains your soldiers to be better fighters

6. Add mages guild: allows the recruitment of Battlemages

7. Improve relations with (important person)

8. Have children: (you must have a wife or husband to do this) once a month, if you sleep in your bed, you are given the option to have a child, you can only have two children and there is no animation when you chose the option.

Now, off the topic of upgrades and into the topic of quests...

Once you have become jarl, you can choose to either side with the invaders (aldmeri, imperial) or establish a rebellion. You then have to fight against other opposing cities and take over strategic locations, the more places you take over, the
more influence you have and more people will join your cause, once you have surrounded the capital you can attempt to take it over, once you have done that you kill the guy in charge and you are allowed to either become high king or remain jarl of your city, becoming high king will give you more authority, however the threat of assassination attempts becomes more
likely andyou have to put down possible rebellions and keep people happy.

NOTE: this is NOT a main quest, this is a side quest and will not affect the main quest (whatever it might be) in any large way.

There are also a lot of local quests which involve helping your city, but I won't go into them now.

Thank you for reading, any feedback will be much appreciated, there will no doubt be things that I have missed out, if you have any ideas or please post in the comments, if I think they are good I will add them to another section of this comment and I will put your name next to your ideas.

Please feel free to ask questions

NOTE: I only used the word jarl because people understand what they do, not because I want this to happen in skyrim only, you could use the same idea with a sultan of Elsweyr etc

User ideas ...

1. A shrine to whatever god you chose - Quanah

2. The ability to hire an expert architect who can design buildings in a certain way - Quanah

3. To be able to chose how you rule your city - Quanah

PLEASE UNDERSTAND: this is an optional thing which you can choose to do based on who your character is, it does not need to be done and it is only there as an extra thing to do. if you were role playing as, say, a nordic hero who was the rightful jarl of a city but was unfairly ousted by his evil stepfather, then this is probably something that you would do. but if your playing as an evil orcish assassin thief then maybe don't. its all based on what you want to do

perkecet

Well, what if , if you owned Skyrim, you could choose a previous save and that will become part of the mentioned past events. For example, you kill the emperor. Town guards comment on how much of a shame that was, for it allowed the stormcloaks to win, etc.
the emperor's assassination IS TES canon, so it will have happened in the next game. however, that doesn't effect much, as far as the civil war is concerned. wars are not lead by emperors, they're lead by generals.

the kind of things you're talking about don't happen in elder scrolls games. between games, bethesda's writers decide what does and does not happen, and you play as a different person every time. another reason why you won't be able to use your character from skyrim is because the PC in TES6 won't be dragonborn, surely, since that was the gimmick of this game.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I want more marry-able characters, and the ability to have them live in one of your faction homes. For example, the dark brotherhood sanctuary, or the vampire castle. I don't want to buy a house because I have so many convenient guilds to sleep in.

sahqonsah

I'd like a complete of morrowind but with the new graphics (obviously) a shrouded map, no fast travel (even tho you can choose not too) no quest markers ( even tho you can turn those off the game dosent generally give enough info on where your going to find it without a quest marker, in morrowind you had to follow directions) and the new combat system and skill set, but maybe a new one for spears.

the emperor's assassination IS TES canon, so it will have happened in the next game. however, that doesn't effect much, as far as the civil war is concerned. wars are not lead by emperors, they're lead by generals.

the kind of things you're talking about don't happen in elder scrolls games. between games, bethesda's writers decide what does and does not happen, and you play as a different person every time. another reason why you won't be able to use your character from skyrim is because the PC in TES6 won't be dragonborn, surely, since that was the gimmick of this game.
No, you see, you wouldn't PLAY as the save. It would only look at what you did. It would make the game a bit more dynamic, as the effects of a Stormcloak or Empire victory in Skyrim won't carry much effect in the future. Just a few off-handed mentions are all I ask. No practical effects on quests or anything.

perkecet

No, you see, you wouldn't PLAY as the save. It would only look at what you did. It would make the game a bit more dynamic, as the effects of a Stormcloak or Empire victory in Skyrim won't carry much effect in the future. Just a few off-handed mentions are all I ask. No practical effects on quests or anything.
won't carry much effect!?

are you serious? this civil war will have a profound impact on whether or not humans will ever be dominant in tamriel again. if ulfric stormcloak wins, the empire will have used a serious amount of men and resources, leaving them highly vulnerable to an aldmeri dominion that could strike at any moment. the effects of that are so grave, that it could essentially just hand the whole of cyrodiil to alinor.

the winner of the civil war will be the basis of what the next game's plot is. a victory on either end will create two drastically different timelines. to say this war doesn't effect the future of tamriel is incredibly outlandish and ignorant.

won't carry much effect!?

are you serious? this civil war will have a profound impact on whether or not humans will ever be dominant in tamriel again. if ulfric stormcloak wins, the empire will have used a serious amount of men and resources, leaving them highly vulnerable to an aldmeri dominion that could strike at any moment. the effects of that are so grave, that it could essentially just hand the whole of cyrodiil to alinor.

the winner of the civil war will be the basis of what the next game's plot is. a victory on either end will create two drastically different timelines. to say this war doesn't effect the future of tamriel is incredibly outlandish and ignorant.
You take this too seriously. I was making an example, even if it was flawed. It was not supposed to make a perfect picture. Besides, the Dominion benifits more out of a continued war rather than an Imperial loss. While the Empire is weaker, the Dominion can no longer roam Skyrim freely. Thus limiting their sphere of influence.

Anyway, another example. An offhanded quote about how prevailent crime was in Skyrim if you become guild master and restored the TG. Is this one better?

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
I think it'd be cool to have your character develop scars as he went along. Like if your a strong melee character you would notice new scars every couple of levels or so. Add an authentic touch to the game. And maybe do the same for weapons and armor. They'd get beat up from so much use, but you could repair them using smithing maybe?

I hated that in Oblivion when you were in the middle of a sword fight with a thousand zombies then all of a sudden "Your weapon is broken." and your screwed.

DistantFeedz

1. All of Tamriel
2. Co-op
3. Have kids (With your wife/husband) :)
4. Console commands for consoles (Xbox 360, PS3)
5. More features for the body and face.
6. More weapons and armor
7. Longer storyline
8. More spouses and husband choices (basically means can marry anybody. With a side quest first of course. :) )
9. Multiplayer ( If you do quests with people the enemies would be harder, so the more people, the harder the quest will be.)
10. More dialogue from NPC's.

perkecet

5. More features for the body and face.

this for sure. what i would REALLY love most of all is piercings. i think khajiits are the only race that has piercings, but you don't really have much of a choice since they're tied to other facial features (ears. hair, etc.). having piercings as an option in itself. ears obviously, but having choices for nose, and eyebrow would be awesome too. i can see a big scary orc warrior with a face covered in metal. all in all it would just be a good way to personalize your character more, without much trouble for developers.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
remove marriage
don't even think about multiplayer

bring back attributes and find a way to use them in conjunction with the perks (maybe just make attributes prerequisites for certain perks?) so there's a difference in how races are actually played.

[edit] lol at so many of you guys wanting more marriage options and kids and all that crap. i can be domesticated in real life, i can't run around with a warhammer lopping heads off in real life....oh nevermind. Lol, I don't play an rpg to be a tax accountant.

haha, but seriously, you can't just throw crap at a wall and see what sticks. there's no need for an overhaul, just tweaks. and the more useless stuff that is added, the more there's a risk for the stuff that actually matters suffering because everything was spread so thin.

perkecet

remove marriage
don't even think about multiplayer

bring back attributes and find a way to use them in conjunction with the perks (maybe just make attributes prerequisites for certain perks?) so there's a difference in how races are actually played.

[edit] lol at so many of you guys wanting more marriage options and kids and all that crap. i can be domesticated in real life, i can't run around with a warhammer lopping heads off in real life....oh nevermind. Lol, I don't play an rpg to be a tax accountant.

haha, but seriously, you can't just throw crap at a wall and see what sticks. there's no need for an overhaul, just tweaks. and the more useless stuff that is added, the more there's a risk for the stuff that actually matters suffering because everything was spread so thin.
i agree. however, the issue with this is that skyrim is the result of a COMPLETE overhaul. one that not only drew in many new players, but also disappointed and estranged many former fans. personally, i think i might be happier if skyrim was more or less just oblivion with updated graphics and engine. i truly do miss the complexity of that game, as well as set classes. i do like the perks and it would be nice if they could have fit in somewhere. i get the whole "be what you want in skyrim" thing, but you could do that in oblivion too, you just had to use your head a little bit more and make decisions. not simple choices like "omg want perkz does i want???" but ones that actually impact how you play the game in a serious way like "do i want the mage stone or atronach, nightblade or assassin? these are hard choices because i can't just change them on a whim".

the bottom line is skyrim was purposely and significantly simplified to gain new fans. whether or not this will have been a good decision or not has yet to be figured out.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
If the intro is anything like Skyrim's, we need an option to 'Quick Start' on your second+ playthrough. Basically skips the bulk of the tutorial.

Skarv

1. More craftable armor and weapons
2. MORE citizens that you can kill without missing out on anything
3. Bigger map
4. Different creatures
5. Mods for PS3 and XBOX (It's possible!)
6. Console Commands for PS3 and XBOX

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
2. Weapons for Dunmer, Argonian and the other races. (Like how the Dwemer/Orcs have their own Armors and such!)

Dunmer weapons and armor are glass and ebony. Glass especially can only be worked by Dunmer smiths, (with the exception of The Dragonborn, and one or two notable smiths). The process is supposedly complex and involves more than a bit of magic. Ebony is (or was) Morrowind's biggest export to The Empire and both minerals are more plentiful there than anywhere else in Tamriel.

Traditional argonian weapons are perfectly suited to fighting knee deep in water, as described in "Armorer's Challenge". However, outside of the swampy conditions of Blackmarsh, they are generally considered to be of inferior make than other armors. You would find no use for them in Skyrim. It also would appear that the Argonian military now stockpiles daedric arms and armor, according to Ericor's dialog in Solitude.

What I would like to see:

1: Smarter companion characters, each with a bit of story to them and more than three lines of dialog.
2: A continuation of the Altermi Dominion/Empire hostilities.
3: The setting should be Valenwood or Blackmarsh.
4: Large cities should be part of the world map. End load-times all together.
5: That would pave the way for the return of flight magics, how I've missed them.
6: No more falmer or dwemer ruins. I love them both, but they scare the hell out of me.
7: More depth to the marriage system. I feel like a pimp when the only reason I see my spouse is to shake them down for money.

"Hello, my lo-"
"Bitch betta have my money!"
"We've made a good bit of gold, here's your share lo-"
*Door slams*

8: Bring back acrobatics! I miss being rewarded for jumping around like a fool.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts